“Nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Perfect location right off I-495. Excellent/friendly staff and great complimentary breakfast. Facility very clean and a comfortable place to relax even in the common areas. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 May 2014

First time I've experienced "culture shock" in a quality hotel chain before...it's my first experience with a Hampton Inn in a long time, and seems about par with my last experience. You know how much you're paying a night, so, naturally, you expect a certain level of quality - and it's there, in the building, the room furnishings, the pool and the gym. So, you'd think, breakfast should be on point, too. Not exactly. I'm not sure what I liked less, the menu or the arrangement, it's all off to one side and a tad cluttered, people shuffling around to grab at....whatever is left of the wilted bacon, because the eggs have been empty for at least ten minutes, and the oatmeal looks overcooked and then some? Not to mention the poor lighting, it's almost like a food funeral. Take a hint from the Embassy Suites and even the latest Holiday Inn Express, you can't screw up breakfast unless you really want to, it requires a minimal amount of effort and attention to help your customers start their day off right...and this place doesn't seem to get that. Overall, the staff is friendly but not quite as enthusiastic as they are at Homewood Suites, it's a little awkward getting off the highway and to the hotel but there's plenty of commerce nearby (and the saddest Kmart I've ever seen across the way), no complaints about the bed, got a minifridge in the room, and the whole place is clean, but very busy with onsite conferences and company events - you feel like you're in the middle of a bee hive sometimes. If you're looking for the quiet intimacy of some luxury hotel chains, this probably isn't the location for you. This place is all business - and maybe that's why they forgot about the people staying there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

everything was great. if we come back to area we will stay at this hotel. clean ,breakfast was very good, staff was very helpfull.We would recommend this hotel to anyone that we know that was going to that area

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I arrived after a very long and trying day. I was greeted by the front desk staff, a bottle of water and hot cookies. I was exhausted and hungry. The front desk manager gave he several menus of restaurants that would deliver yo my room. It was pouring out and I fund not want to venture back out. In an hour food was delivered yo my room. Great beds, clean rooms and plenty of pillows. Thanks for a great night sleep!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stay at this Hampton Inn whenever we visit our daughter and family on Long Island. There's a good complimentary breakfast and it is conveniently located right off the expressway. It is our hotel of choice in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here last night as we were on Long Island for a wedding. The location is excellent - immediately off the Long Island Expressway. Choice of fast food and chain restaurants within sight of the hotel. Room on the 5th floor was clean and comfortable but had an odd odor, as someone previously mentioned. (maybe carpet cleaner?)

The room was freezing when we walked in so I tried, in vain at first, to get the the heat to come on. Finally got it to work and once room was warmed up, turned everything off - I thought. Several times during our stay, including in the middle of the night, the fan came on randomly and blew cold air and each time I pressed the off button. Since the hotel was PACKED with several baseball teams and little girls dance groups, I didn't bother to check with the desk about this as it wasn't crucial.

Since the hotel was full, elevator wait time was far more than the usual at a hotel. It seems this is a first choice on weekends for teams and first choice for business travelers during the week (my brother-in-law said his company regularly puts people up there). Therefore, I would probably not recommend it for leisure travel.

Breakfast offerings were the usual Hampton fare -I saw plenty of choices but can't speak to quality as we didn't eat breakfast there. I'm sure judging by other Hamptons it was fine. Also, did not use the pool.

One point that I thought was interesting is that in response to a review by John S recently, the manager Jaimie said that the lobby had recently been renovated. When we got there, my first impression was "what an odd lobby" as it is unlike most of the Hampton Inns I have stayed at. The furniture is not comfortable as you can't sit up normally but have to sort of lounge back and I actually thought the couches looked a little shabby and perhaps needed replacing.

Front desk staff was friendly, check in and out was fast and efficient.

As we were staying free using my Hilton Honors Gold points, I have no real quarrels and the points I mentioned were minor.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I work in the college athletics field. I was staying there with my team. There were a lot of different sports teams staying there and the hotel was at capacity so I thought it would be ok.
The staff was nice and the main lobby area seemed ok but the lounge area must have been from the 60's. The issue I had was the room. It stunk like carpet cleaner and the carpet itself was old and worn out. The bed had an uninviting covering and was springy when I sat on it. The furniture in the room was also out of date. After spending 20 minutesn in the room, I decided there was no way I could get a good night's sleep in the room. I didn't unpack a thing and put my bags back in my car.
After checking in, we went to the first day of the tournament. After playing and eating a team dinner, we returned to the hotel. Without the team knowing, I drove all the way back to Brooklyn to sleep in my own bed. The room was that bad and the smell was that nauseating.
If you are ever looking for a hotel in this area, I recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Centereach. Our team had stayed there on our last trip to this area. It's not far from the Hampton Inn. The staff was more friendly and I felt more at home there because it was less crowded.
The room was updated, fresh and clean. The carpets in the room were brand new so the room didn't stink like carpet cleaner. The furniture was very nice looking, the bed had a nice covering, and was very comfortable. I slept there like a champ!
Also they have a nice outdoor area with picnic tables and some athletic equipment, and a very clean and large indoor pool that my team and I used at night and enjoyed very much.
Don't take my word for it. Go online and compare the hotels, reviews and see the pictures for yourself so you can make your own choice.

• Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!