Review Highlights
Country Concert

Reviewed 28 February 2017
Roeheintz
Middle Island, New York
Mixed feelings: great seats/view, sound quality poor, dated venue & expensive parking/food

Saw Toby Keith July 2018, $10 parking, clean but dated, sound & show was awesome, quick set... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
pehbwh
New York City, New York

All reviews own backyard lawn seats brookhaven restrooms sound
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Farce is described as a crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations. My husband and I went to see Old Dominion on Saturday, September 2. We were seated in section B seats 32 and 34. To our right between section A and section B there was a "security person". Unfortunately during one of the opening acts I needed to speak to this "security" person. People directly in front of us were smoking cigars. The smoke was blowing in my face to the point of feeling nauseous. I spoke to this "security" person and asked for help. He was no more than 19 or 20 years of age. He offered me no help whatsoever, even to the point of ignoring the fact that I was standing in front of him. I went to another security person who somewhat helped. Apparently, since they sell cigars at this theatre, they can smoke them wherever they want. That goes for cigarettes as well. I find it unacceptable, especially in today's day. There should've been a smoking area for these people.

Another reason why I rated the amphitheater the way I did was because my husband and I paid a certain amount of money for our tickets. Once Old Dominion started their show, people from the lawn came down and stood in front of us for the whole entire concert. So they paid less money than we did and had better viewing of the concert. They blocked our view. Not one security person came by and told those people to move. There's a false sense of security at this amphitheater.

4  Thank MonicaK614
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Loved and enjoyed the concert. Its a great venue for a concert and close to home. BUT they need to do something with all the drunks. I mean yes I like to tailgate, drink and have fun. But there are way tooooo many people who go way to far. They shouldn't even be allowed into the venue in their condition. They usually end up causing trouble. There are NOT enough rest rooms for the ladies, the lines are always super long and they aren't kept up with either.

1  Thank Roeheintz
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This amphitheatre is quaint and right in your own backyard.

Prices are reasonable and attractions are great fir family and friends

They also regularly have free events like movies for the whole family

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have been to many concerts here. The shows themselves are amazing! We are huge country fans and that is the type of shows we go to. I wish that they would do away with the tailgating. It is disgusting and ruins the time for the people who do not drink (like myself and my husband) and also for people like us who bring our kids to experience a concert. I will say the difference between the fest and the other ones are night and day. I was absolutely appalled at the amount of people that were so inebriated they couldn't even sit up straight. I want to enjoy and remember the concert for the artists , not irresponsible idiots who can't control themselves.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I have been going here for the past two years for the Fest. It is a lot of fun. The parking in the main lot is $25 but the parking at Town Hall is free. There is not a lot of bathrooms. The food is reasonable priced. The alcohol is overpriced but if you tailgate you don't need it. I like the fact it is an open theatre. I went with my boyfriend and a few friends and we didn't pay for orchestra seating just for the lawn seating. It is a great night out. We had to leave early because we didn't want to get stuck in traffic. We would go back again.