“Excellent evening!”
Review of Limestone Grille

Limestone Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Limestone Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burdick Street
Transit: Centro bus
Description: The American Arts and Crafts Movement blossomed at the turn of the 20th century on the tree lined streets of peaceful villages in upstate New York. The movement was a personal and architectural revolt against the ornateness of the Victorian style. This Movement sparked a period of design characterized by simplicity, honestly and integrity. Here in Fayetteville, Leopold and John George Stickley created Arts and Crafts furniture using innovative construction techniques which have endured as hallmarks of the Movement. The Craftsman Inn is dedicated to these Craftsman ideals. Look around, the designs that inspire the building, the chairs and tables, the lighting and pictures, all evoke that ideal. Our Limestone Grille was launched in 2008 as the heir to our more stately Craftsman House. The Limestone reflects the 21st century evolution of these concepts as once again a desire for a simpler, truer,more authentic approach becomes prevalent. Our dining room and lounge reflect clean, Mission style design but with warm colors, classic furnishings, and contemporary appointments. Our service staff and bartenders provide friendly yet attentive service, knowledgeable without being presumptuous, helping to create the sense of relaxed comfort we all seem to miss so much of the time. That end result is what inspires us to do the best we can.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent evening!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Brought together 20 folks here for a dinner meeting and couldn't have been happier with our choice. Very accommodating room, good food, great service (Thanx, Michelle!) and perfectly set up. Came early to eat before the meeting and enjoyed great appetizers at the bar. Absolutely would come here again!

• Visited June 2013

Marcellus, New York
“Not good”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Not good. The food was luke warm and old and dry. No way was any of it fresh. I could go on and on but won't. It's definitely NOT worth the prices which are on the high end.

• Visited June 2013
“The restaurant's appearance looked nice......BUT!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I had dinner there last night and ordered the halibut, grilled, it was so dry I could barely eat it. My friend had some tartar sauce that helped me eat two bites......so disappointing for $28.00, with hindsight, I should have sent it back! I also had a salad that was tasty but very small, for the prices they charge, it should have been double the size!! Everyone else seemed to like their dinner, so maybe they just don't know how to cook fish. Our waitress was awesome and memorized our entire order, she didn't forget a thing!! Will I go back???.......Not too soon!

• Visited April 2013
pittsburgh
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had bought a restaurant.com certificate for this restaurant which saved us $25. It's a good thing because prices were high. The food was good, however it took an eternity to place our order and even longer to get the check. It seemed like the bar area was better patronized and maybe the prices are lower there. I think I would only return with a discount coupon or for their delicious holiday buffets.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank hippolover
Virginia Beach VA
“Better places a short walk away.”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The Limestone Grill is a downside to the wonderful Craftsman Inn next door. The two businesses are not associated but people will sure think they are. Having lived a block from the Craftsman Inn in the past, of course I went there when it opened. I seem to remember it was connected with the Inn and I believe it was the Craftsman Grill until the disassociated but it has never been redecorated. In fact the other changes I observed were even higher prices, less items, worse service and warmer beer.

I'll do the positives first. The food was very nicely prepared and presented. Very slowly of course but I'll not blame that on the chef. The coconut scallops drew rave reviews. I had the crab cakes and they were nicely prepared and pretty good. The chef here doesn't deserve having his work ruined but waitstaff letting it sit.

Negatives, the dining area is designed in a clunky manner with poles all over and poorly arranged seating. Adding to the atmosphere is the very dim lighting. I saw several people holding their menus up to a light to read them. The service staff were pleasant every 15 minutes when you saw them. Food delivery was slow and the prices were high. The final axe to chop the Limestone Grill into oblivion is they have no (NONE) draft beer. The beer comes in warm bottles and a room temp glass (IF, you ask). So after joining a party already in progress, I waited about 17 minutes before I was offered a drink. No water unless you ask. The Limestone Grill desperately needs the TV Rescue guy. I give them 2/5.

Right across Rt. 5 is the Fayetteville Town Center where there are 5 or 6 big name restaurants which probably charge less, have fast service, have cold draft beer and good food. For breakfast there is a McDonalds right across the street if you want fast. Better yet, drive up Rt 5 to the village and go to Hullars Coffee Shop.

I have the bill and it was over $300 but it has the server's name on it and it's pretty clear the problem is above their pay grade. They were very pleasant but much to slow.

• Visited March 2013