“One word, Filthy!”
Review of Craftsman Inn

Craftsman Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 3 November 2010

OK....So we wanted to like this hotel since if was the only convenient option for us in Fayetteville. We had booked several rooms here, all of which were filthy. Where to begin. Clearly, housekeeping does not believe in cleaning or dusting. There was inch thick dust and cob webs all over the place. The bed sheets were stained and/or ripped. Our white socks turned black from walking on the carpets. The bathrooms were small and very dirty as well. This hotel is in dire need of updating. We would definitely categorize this hotel as a "dump". Only stay here as a last resort if there is no other convenient option!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank alias1fan

Reviewed 6 October 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Craftsman Inn. Although our stay wasn't a bad experience, it wasn't a stay that we could really rave about. The room was very, very small, and the floors creaked, even though they were carpeted. The bathrooms are very old in style and need a full makeover. The shower pressure was non existent, yet the water was plenty hot. The only redeemable feature about the hotel room was the very comfortable bed and lovely linens. The Limestone Grill that is adjacent to the hotel had a beautiful bar and good cuisine. The staff at the Grill were most accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Although it's not a name brand hotel, the Craftsman Inn has a lot of pluses that most name brands offer. Free internet and business center, cookies, well appointed rooms, free parking, walking distance to mall and restaurants, short drive (you're literally within 10 minutes of everything!).
We booked a suite and enjoyed having the separated living room. All furniture is mission style and comfortable, I loved the rocker. Our room had a couple of snags...leftover glasses in the drawer under the TV, the bed pillow upon entry were askew, lots of water spots on the stainless steel in the bathroom made it look unkempt, toilet wiggles a lot and needed to be bolted down on one side.
But, we found our stay was fine. A bit confused trying to find our room, we had to exit the main building to get to our suite...all suites are located in the adjacent property, as are the conference rooms. Main building houses a lovely area around the fireplace and a great 'kitchen' table to sit and read the paper on. There is also a restaurant on premises.
2 of the rooms on the 1st floor of the main building house the Wizard of Oz rooms...a yearly Wizard of Oz festival is held in Fayetteville in honor of Frank Baum, the author. I tried to sneak a peak in the rooms, but I didn't do too good!
When traveling back to Fayetteville, I would seek out the Craftsman Inn..

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2009

My husband and I have been searching for a clean, comfortable, quality hotel located near Cazenovia for some time now. Disappointed with all Cazenovia hotels, we stumbled upon the Craftsman Inn and were very pleased. The receptionist was tied up with a guest error. I had the fortunate opportunity to observe her skillfully and professionally provide a solution to the guest. Our room was small but clean. Bedding was beautiful and the mattress was comfortable. TV, remote, hair dryer, and coffee all worked well. The shower was adequate and the complementary soaps were very nice. Fresh brewed coffee was readily available in the lobby area. In addition, we left a comment card and received a prompt and courteous reply. Being an older building the floors squeak. If staying in the main building I would recommend an upstairs room. The staff appear to take customer service seriously. We will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I stayed for the weekend here for a family wedding and it was such a cute, cozy place! The staff were very friendly and helpful and always greeted my baby in such a warm way. Our standard room with a king sized bed was clean and very comfy. The location is conveniently located across a shopping mall with a Target and some restaurants. We would stay here again and probably will.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2009

My sister and I stayed here while visiting family in Fayetteville. The front desk attendant seemed very inconvenienced even though we had a reservation.

The first room we were given a key to contained a sleeping family. We scared the heck out of them barging in the room at 10PM. We had to go back to the front desk which we weren't looking forward to.

The second room we were given a key to seemed OK till we went in the bathroom. It had clearly not been touched since the last guest. It was disgusting and left us with a horrible taste in our mouth for the place.

We finally got a key to a room that was vacant and the bathroom and been serviced. The room was very dark, even in the daylight, and had old style bedding including the pan cake style pillows. The sheets are course and the bedspreads old-style. The dark "stickley" furniture (their low end line from asia) is oppressive and chintzy.

Many people mentioned the hallway carpet in their reviews which I found to be so dirty and lumpy. All I can think of is when they re-carpet, they just cover up the old stuff with the new.

When I visit home now and need to stay in overflow quarters, I head out to Carrier Circle or some of the nice places further into Syracuse. It is well worth the extra 10 minutes drive. Hopefully Fayetteville will get a quality hotel in the future. I simply could not believe how awful this place was.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My family and I started staying at the Craftsman Inn in Fayetteville, NY, shortly after it opened several years ago. We were previously always pleased with the comfort, quality and friendly service. I returned there for a visit over the July 4th weekend. The carpets in the hallways are filthy and stained. The beautiful Stickley furniture is showing signs of neglect. There is no longer a continental breakfast. Lack of maintenence shows in many areas (dirty carpets, dust, paint needing touch up, etc.). I will not return and I will not recommend the Craftsman Inn again. For $149 per night, I will look at the area bed and breakfast inns that are available. Former Fayetteville resident

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fayetteville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Craftsman Inn? Share your experiences!