“Perfect Getaway”
Review of Dune Point

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherry Grove
Dune Point
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cherry Grove
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We really enjoyed ourselves so much at Dune Point. From the moment we arrived, the service was incredible. We arrived around noon and we were so happy that the room was ready.
We stayed in a one bedroom that was so comfortable. They had everything you need including pots, and pans and even dish soap.

The location is perfect--just directly across from the beach.
Our room had an umbrella for the beach so we didn't have to go searching for one.
The girls who work on the property was so kind--they always asked us if we needed anything at all. We made a grill with one of the grills on the property.
There are tables to eat on outside as well as lounge chairs overlooking the beach.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get one of the newer rooms--#12
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dsonnenberg
There are newer reviews for Dune Point

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I come here every year, the hotel is on the broad walk. Your steps from the beach. Its a lovely beach, once in a while you will see the deers walking around. The manager petra is very helpful and accommodating. Its a great place to relax, and get away from the new York stress. Definitely a fun place. Bring your own liquor, and food and you will have a blast.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank romey79
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I book 2 weeks on Cherry Grove, Fire Island. I stayed in one of Dune Point's Bungalows. From the moment I arrived on the island, the outstanding Dune Point Staff did everything to make my stay the best one ever. Anything I needed, they were right there to accommodate me. From the Office Staff to the cleaning staff, each and everyone of them were great. I could not have asked for a more. I have stayed at the Grove Hotel and the Belvadere. Dune Point by far is the BEST accommodations I have ever had. I recommend Dune Point to anyone planning a trip to Fire Island. The accommodations are excellent. The cost are the best on the island. Thank You, Dune Point (Petra & staff....:) for making my 2 week stay the best ever. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Every room is great. It all depends on how much you want to spend. The bungalows are cozy, well equ...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mikala789
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a weekend at Dune Point and can't wait to return! We had the studio with private deck, and although small, it was perfect. The hotel provides chairs and umbrellas for the beach They were very accommodating and friendly making traveling with our pet a breeze.

While you're here check out Cherry for lunch and Sandcastle for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank petfriendlytravels
Reviewed 17 January 2013

ALWAYS pleasant, very clean and well-appointed; super close to all Grove activities and right on the beach; beautiful views and fresh ocean air; extremely well-run by Petra, Rick and everyone they have working there - you really can't go wrong at Dune Point. Don't expect perfection if you book at the last minute but you can always ask for what you need. You can cook in or eat out, meet other people there easily if you want to or be totally to yourself. No pressure, no hassles and a drama-free zone for those who just want fun and relaxation. You can always take the very short walk downtown for a dose of drama, lol....Veverka.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank DudeWithTelescope
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We booked slightly last minute for Ascension and the only thing we could find in Cherry Grove or The Pines was a Bungalow at Dune Point. It ended up being a good choice. Dune Point is a very clean, cute and quaint guesthouse. It reminded me of a studio apartment. It was VERY small so not good for a long stay but worked well enough for a 2 day stay.

Instead of a bed the room has a futon that pulls into "2 beds" and a small kitchenette with mini fridge/freezer, oven, stove, microwave, coffee maker, pots, pans and dishes. We had a cute patio with chairs and tables so we could hang outside and enjoy the weather. The TV is also small and doesn't get many channels but enough to keep entertained. The air conditioner worked amazing and kept the room ice cold. The shower unit looked very new as well.

The common deck has a beautiful view of the ocean and is right on the beach. There are umbrellas, chairs and other things for guests to use on the beach.

There is no daily maid service but if you need anything Dune Point will accommodate you if they can. The check in office is right at the dock when you get off the fairy. The attendant was very nice and extremely helpful. The walk from the ferry to the room wasn't bad either.

I would definitely stay here again but hopefully can get a bigger, waterfront room.

Room Tip: Book VERY early as there are not many available and get waterfront/beachfront.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gourlemb
Reviewed 16 August 2012

A little pricey, but not pricey enough to keep me away. I will definitely be staying here again!! I rented the one bedroom apt. with ocean view. It was amazing! Nothing beats being so close to the beach. There were deer grazing right below us and on the beach. Everything aout this place was relaxing and beautiful!

You are far enough away from the more crowded area of the beach, but still only a five minute walk away from the ferry and restaurants.

Towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner are provided; and pots and pans if you would like to cook. Eating dinner on the deck overlooking the beach was lovely! This is a beautiful place to stay and I was sorry I had to leave when it was time to check out.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Islip/Courthouse Complex
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino

Been to Dune Point? Share your experiences!