“Dune Point won't disappoint.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dune Point

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherry Grove
Dune Point
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cherry Grove
Long Island, New York
“Dune Point won't disappoint.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The accommodations were clean.The kitchenette was a bit dated, but the refrigerator worked well. The bed and linens were comfortable. AC threw ice cubes. I like the fact that the Staff really respect privacy. They don't come around daily, which is ok with me because I clean up after myself. They were not hard to find if you needed towels or anything. The Staff is top shelf. They will help you with anything you need. The guest before me broke the blinds on the window, rigged it up to fall apart right as I touched the thing. The staff told me not to worry about it. (I thought I would be charged for it.)
This guesthouse is a little pricey, but you are paying for the location. The rooms are quiet, yet just a few minutes walk to the bars and restaurants. I recommend this property. You can save a boatload of money by cooking in your unit. The general/grocery store (5min.walk) has everything you need if you didn't bring it from the Mainland. Fire Island- I know of no other place this close to a major metro area, that can make you feel so far away from home.
To the staff: Thanks, I had a great time. I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My partner and i have been going to Dune Point for over 5 years. A beautiful beach front property with a laid back easy vibe. -- no request is too much for the friendly and accommodating staff. One of our favorite places to always return to.

Room Tip: choose a renovated room - and book early --- Dune Point books up quick during the Summer.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sbrakebusch
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Hello again....just returned from the only place in the State of New York that has no traffic, no noise, no rude people, no crowded subways, no pain in the a_ _ yellow cabs, no police sirens racing to a crime scene and most of all NO DRAMA.!! I was @ Dune Point Cherry Grove on Fire Island my favorite rental where U can choose a studio, 1 or 2 bedroom unit, to a beach home that literally faces the Atlantic Ocean. A place that U need to take a 20min ferry ride to cross the Bay from the main land. U actually cant believe that U are still in New York. I love the clean units, I love the staff, I love that U can cook in your own kitchen and even have pots and dishes with dish soap. And if your in the mood to hangout, U walk to a little town that has restaurants, bars and even a ice cream parlor.And the BEST part of Cherry Grove you can B your self with NO judgements.....NO DRAMA!! Yes I re-booked another stay for August and September in Dune Point @ Fire Island.

Room Tip: Beautiful 2Bedroom #10 upper deck facing the Atlantic Ocean....Don't worry U wont be needing any...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We really enjoyed ourselves so much at Dune Point. From the moment we arrived, the service was incredible. We arrived around noon and we were so happy that the room was ready.
We stayed in a one bedroom that was so comfortable. They had everything you need including pots, and pans and even dish soap.

The location is perfect--just directly across from the beach.
Our room had an umbrella for the beach so we didn't have to go searching for one.
The girls who work on the property was so kind--they always asked us if we needed anything at all. We made a grill with one of the grills on the property.
There are tables to eat on outside as well as lounge chairs overlooking the beach.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get one of the newer rooms--#12
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dsonnenberg
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I come here every year, the hotel is on the broad walk. Your steps from the beach. Its a lovely beach, once in a while you will see the deers walking around. The manager petra is very helpful and accommodating. Its a great place to relax, and get away from the new York stress. Definitely a fun place. Bring your own liquor, and food and you will have a blast.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank romey79
Valley Stream, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I book 2 weeks on Cherry Grove, Fire Island. I stayed in one of Dune Point's Bungalows. From the moment I arrived on the island, the outstanding Dune Point Staff did everything to make my stay the best one ever. Anything I needed, they were right there to accommodate me. From the Office Staff to the cleaning staff, each and everyone of them were great. I could not have asked for a more. I have stayed at the Grove Hotel and the Belvadere. Dune Point by far is the BEST accommodations I have ever had. I recommend Dune Point to anyone planning a trip to Fire Island. The accommodations are excellent. The cost are the best on the island. Thank You, Dune Point (Petra & staff....:) for making my 2 week stay the best ever. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Every room is great. It all depends on how much you want to spend. The bungalows are cozy, well equ...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mikala789
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a weekend at Dune Point and can't wait to return! We had the studio with private deck, and although small, it was perfect. The hotel provides chairs and umbrellas for the beach They were very accommodating and friendly making traveling with our pet a breeze.

While you're here check out Cherry for lunch and Sandcastle for dinner.

• Stayed June 2013
Residence Inn Long Island Islip/Courthouse Complex
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Dune Point? Share your experiences!