“What happened here?”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
sunnyinphilli
“What happened here?”
Reviewed 16 August 2008

I stayed at this hotel the last year at this time and had the most enjoyable time I have ever had at a hotel. I was greeted by the manager of the hotel, Andrea who made me feel as if I was coming home rather then staying at a hotel for the first time. My breakfast was supurb and Vera the breakfast host was wonderful. Curtis cooked me a wonderful omlet!
This time coming back to the area I was excited to see all of my "family" again. What a shock when I was checked into a first floor room when I specifically asked for a top floor room. When I call the front desk the woman just laughed and said that she never reads the special requests and would change my room if I came down. I was so unnerved by her response that I asked to speak with the manager, Andrea. When I asked that the front desk told me that she had left "like a year ago". When I asked to speak with A manager the lady went back to ask the manager to come talk to me. I heard her say, 'I dont want to talk to them, just get rid of him"
The next morning at breakfast there was NOTHING put out and a chef on that could certainly use some cooking classes. His omlet was a puddle of grease...
Needless to say I was not happy, and from the looks of it nobody there is happy either

• Liked — finding out that the good staff is at the hilton garden inn across the river. i went to stay with them
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Central MA
Reviewed 16 August 2008

The primary purpose of our visit was to visit Mohonk Mountain House and do the nature hike there. The hotel was about a 40 minute drive, but the room savings was worth the drive. We also selected the hotel for its proximity to other attractions (Vanderbilt, Roosevelt residences) and the CIA which could occupy us in case of rain. We also chose this hotel because it had an indoor pool, part of our backup plan.

The hotel staff was courteous and helpful during checkin and during all other times. Our interactions with the staff was pleasant and they made sure that we were enjoying our stay.

The room was clean and spacious, and the beds were exceedingly comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and well-maintained [missing only a drying string, which is useful since they have a pool].

The pool is small, so it is geared more towards occupying kids. An adult using the pool for exercise would likely be disappointed. There is also a reasonable exercise room as well, with a treadmill and elliptical machine (?).

We ate breakfast there [our kids at free] for about $9.95, and the breakfast was of excellent quality. The only problem is that although they cook your french toast/pancake/waffle to order, they server "fake" syrup in place of maple syrup. This just doesn't work for New Englanders.

You can also choose to eat outside, or picnic a lunch there as well.

The location was very convenient with a Ruby Tuesday and Charlie Brown's within walking distance, and an incredible number of other places within in short drive, including grocery stores.

• Liked — Cost to quality of stay ratio
  • Disliked — Need maple syrup for breafast
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
philadelphia
Reviewed 12 August 2008

The food was good. The rooms were clean. The maid service was excellent. Curtis the cook made great omelets and pancakes and waffles. Vera and Kevin were great servers.

The manager has no system for correctly charging breakfasts. I paid cash each and every day and they still tried to put it on my room bill. Other than Curtis, Vera, and Kevin, the staff I encountered would not go to the head of the class in the hospitality department.

The attitudes of some of the ladies on the front desk and the manager's attitude were very unprofessional. The manager seemed to have a mad face v every time I saw her as if she was under tremendous pressure all the time and could not handle it.

The maid staff were helpful and pleasant.

I will never go back to a Hilton Garden Inn even though I have had good experiences at one in Lancaster. This experience has soured me.

I contacted the Roedel Company that owns the hotel and left two messages for Glen and he never called me back. My guess is the problem starts with Roedel. They hired the manager of the hotel and she is over her head in this field of endeavor.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — manager and some staff
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2008

Nice and clean hotel. For a vey reasonale price we had all the necessities. Rooms were clean, staff was helpful and pleasant. The locaation is very convinient for exploring Hudson Valley. My only negative comment is the pool: it was very small and they used way too much chemicals - that was all you could smell in the air. I would def stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Dallas
Reviewed 14 May 2008

The property was clean and the bed was comfortable. I used the conference center which had two computers. They were the filthiest keyboards I have ever seen! This lack of attention to cleanliness put a distasteful mark on their overall image. The management obviously does not use this room.

Stayed May 2008
CentralNJ
Reviewed 24 April 2008

Stayed one night with JerseyGirl5555, daughter and some friends. After a long day cooking at the nearby CIA in Hyde Park, we ordered out some Chinese food. Wendy at the bar saw that we had a few famlies with young children and set up tables for the 10 of us at the hotel restaurant and brought out plates and utensils for us to use - for take-out ordered dinner! She was very helpful and reluctant to even accept a tip! Incredible service, I been treated much worse at 5 star hotels. Great for family, pool and gym is nice. Breakfast was great as well. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Friendly Service
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
Yardley, PA
Reviewed 24 November 2007

Not a thing to complain about! Large, comfortable room with fridge and microwave. And it's quiet, too. Friendly staff, yummy breakfast with hot and cold choices, impeccable indoor pool. If I have ONE gripe, it's that the bathroom is a little small. But it's more than adequate. I've stayed at several hotels in the area, and this is by far the best one I've found.

• Liked — This place is very comfortable.
  • Disliked — Hard to think of anything to complain about.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family