“Great stopover for business or pleasure!”

Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I were visiting the Poughkeepsie area to attend a grandson's college graduation and his dad reserved us a room at this hotel. It was an excellent choice. The rooms are very clean, the beds comfy, and there is wi-fi available as well. The buffet breakfast is a real bargain at $10.95 per person. The bar serves beer, wine, and a small selection of the hard stuff at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Cannot say how thankful my family and I are to this Hotel and Ryan the guest services manager! After spending a few days in a not so wonderful place in Brooklyn, we came up to Fishkill for a few nights. The staff who checked us in were very pleasant to deal with, the lobby is newly remodeled, our rooms were clean and the beds comfortable! However! When I made my reservations I only booked them for 2 nights but thought I booked 3! It was 100 percent MY fault! We left for the day without realizing our rooms were booked for someone else, and the hotel was full! Ryan was so helpful and extremely nice, even taking part of the blame. He and his General Manager worked together to make sure we all had rooms, even working with the hotel next door! I felt so bad I had put this stress on them, yet Ryan just kept telling us not to worry, it's all taken care of and don't feel awkward staying another night. I was so impressed with their kindness and help I had to write about it. We have stayed in a lot of hotels and very few are as pleasant. Thanks Ryan!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pepbug
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the last few years traveling for my kids sports. This hotel was the best so far. Room, Staff, Food, Facilities all were Excellent. I actually look forward to staying there in the future and I have never said that about a Hotel. Great free coffee in the Lobby, comfy bed, close to activities and you have to get the Breakfast upgrade, its a 10.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A beautiful, clean hotel. The room was clean, bed was comfy. Would definitely recommend it! The staff was very helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to get us into our room before the check in time. Breakfast the next morning was yummy! Made to order omelettes, eggs, pancakes, and waffles.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

affordable comfort with great access. Restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Great fitness center with clean well maintained equipment. Welcoming comfortable lobby for coffee drinks or breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Hotel very well run. Very clean, staff extremely friendly. Not a economy hotel ,but less $$ than the others of the same level . thumbs up for this hotel. .It's 11 years old but seems like it was built 1 month ago .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank franksO3990MX
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had booked a large block of rooms for our daughter's wedding. The event coordinator, Krista Borrero, was a dream to work with beforehand, giving us a great block rate and frequent status updates. Our guests seemed happy with the accommodations and the breakfast on Sunday with our guests was wonderful. I didn't catch the chef's name, but he has been with Hilton 8 years now - the food was fresh and amazing - he was rightfully proud of his kitchen. It was nice to hang with our guests over such a delicious and varied brunch, the day after the wedding.

Also, a special shout out to Nancy at the bar. Not only did she keep the bar open late for us after the wedding - but when we had two guests arrive late and miss the shuttle, she drove them to the wedding venue herself, saying a taxi would take at least an hour. All employees we encountered were genuinely nice and enjoyed working for Hilton.

We had two minor room glitches that were promptly fixed - but with 43 rooms booked I'm surprised we only had two issues and not more. Really an excellent experience and we are glad we chose the Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill over the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family