“Breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Breakfast food was fantastic. Unfortunately it was overshadowed by the fruit flies ALL over the walls. When I first noticed them one of the staff came over and acknowledged how 'gross' they were but must not have been able to do anything. As I said, food was fantastic and flies didn't seem to be going on the food but they were still too close for my comfort.

• Stayed: August 2014
KristaBorrero2014, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Benonvaca,

Thank you for your review. I want to assure you that the fruit fly situation has been remedied. We took immediate action to ensure that this will no longer be an issue at our property.
I appreciate your honest review and hope to have the opportunity to host your next stay in Fishkill. Many thanks,

Director of Sales

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn twice this summer while I was in town for work. I switch between the Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn and both are solid options in the area.

The rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn are definitely nicer than the Hampton Inn. They are bigger and the amenities are a little nicer (better products in the bathroom, k-cups for coffee/tea). There is a gym there and a nice business center.

The staff are friendly, almost slightly overly friendly (I'm from NYC so that might just be me). They definitely like to chat but are also very professional. One of the rooms I checked into smelled like cigarettes (it's a non-smoking hotel) and they switched me to a different room without a problem.

I had breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was just so-so. I was excited about the made-to-order breakfast bar but for $10.95, I didn't think that the food was worth it. I'd rather have the breakfast buffet at the Hampton Inn which is around the same price as this hotel. They also have a dinner menu and bar which I didn't visit while I was there.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel. It's clean, has some nice amenities and was good for the price.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

mgott26,

Thank you for being our guest! I appreciate you taking the time to share your review.
We are grateful for your loyalty to the Hilton brand and I am thrilled to host your business travel.

We pride ourselves on our service and amenities specific to the HGI brand. The new in-room Keurig coffee makers are a hit and the new line of Neutrogena toiletries are also superb. It's great to hear that our valued guests are comfortable here at HGI Fishkill.
We sure hope to host your next stay!

Director of Sales

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This Hotel in Fishkill, where there are many to choose from, stands out from the rest. The Staff went out of their way to help us figure out logistics, timing, etc. The place was very clean, the breakfasts were fantastic (including both the service and the fabulous cook!) The lobby was fun and inviting, a nice separation when we had a cadet that needed some extra sleep.

801erikaw,

Your kind words are much appreciated. I am so glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I know you have many options for lodging in the Fishkill area and it's an honor to hear that our property stands out amongst the competition.
We hope to accommodate you and your family next time you're in town.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Large, comfortable, and quiet rooms. The lobby is lovely, the staff courteous, and the fresh breakfast in the morning is very good not to mention it is all you can eat. I would recommend that you ask for a room on the fourth floor overlooking the back parking lot. It's actually quite nice because you can't see the parking lot and have a great view of the mountains. The only complaint that I have is that the pillows were flimsy and very uncomfortable.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very clean and comfortable accomodations. The hotel staff are super friendly and eager to assist. Hotel is updated and stylish with a great location near highway access and good shopping. Room was clean and with updated furnishings. We will use this hotel again when we are visiting West Point.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great hotel...beautiful lobby and staff very helpful. Would stay their again. Room was clean which is the most important thing to me. Pool was nice for kids however not that big if more guess was to show up for swimming. Enjoy jacuizz too!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This past Friday 8/15/2014 I went to my cousin's wedding and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. The wedding was at The Garrison. The hotel was 15 minutes away from the venue. The hotel is very chic. The entrance is nicely decorated and compartalized. The room where I stayed was very clean and nice. Nice beds and clean bathroom. I went to the pool and the jacuzzi. My husband went to the gym. Nice hotel and the staffs are very friendly.

Room Tip: Room on the four floor are nice. I stayed in room 419