Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
“ok to stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

spent 3 days live the 4th not bad the staff was helpful and nice we got caught in the rain that hit the area so our plans to site see was gone but the place made up for it and there is a Walmart right across the street open 24h that was a big plus and movie and other stores in the area very close by so if you are planing to stay a few days it ok but one thing they have a small breakfast

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Juan D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
NH
Reviewed 17 June 2014

There are two Extended Stay hotels in Fishkill, which can be confusing, but not awfully. We needed to find a hotel that took my friend's two dogs, and this one did. There was a small kitchen in the room, with minimal cookware; we ordered out for pizza so we didn't have to do any cleaning up. Good value, though not what I'd call exceptional....just a place to stay for the night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank parrotheadnica
Reviewed 19 May 2014

morning staff is awesome especially robin what a friendly face she is. night time staff needs much improvement and the room had live and dead bugs in it called the night staff after we found the 2 live ones in the bathroom and showed no interest on helping us. I will never bring my family there after the way the room was

• Stayed May 2014

Travellers are raving about these Fishkill hotels

Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Was in the area attending a dog event, so needed a place that accepted dogs - there aren't too many in the area to choose from, but this seemed to have the best reviews. Extended Stay is just that - families living in the hotel, for whatever reason. Families with dogs. Dogs running around the parking lot, dragging leashes, out of control. Not what I wanted to encounter with my dog, but thankfully, didn't encounter these other dogs when I had my dog out. Now for the accommodations: Beds were comfy, bathrooms were roomy, hotel was quiet. The shower worked well, good pressure. Towels were thin and scratchy, like loofahs. It was nice having a full kitchen, especially the full fridge and freezer, to store food. Sheets on the beds, were comfy - but it seemed like they were sized for a twin bed instead of the double bed they were on! The blanket (if you can call it that) was so small, it wouldn't have fit on a twin bed! If you pulled it up, your feet were exposed, and it barely hung over the sides of the bed. Air conditioning in the room worked well. We had a ground floor room, and we had to keep the drapes drawn, as there was no sheer curtain if we pulled the drapes back (walkway was right outside the window) - tho it was nice having easy access to the outside for potty walks. The TV (a flat screen) was placed at a rather low height on the dresser, so that it was very hard to view from the bed. Regarding their "Grab and Go" breakfast, you'd be better served to just go - across the street to Panera or Starbucks or one of the other restaurants! Packets of instant oatmeal, not-so-fresh-looking fruit, and cereal bars do not make for an appealing or filling breakfast - but the coffee was good (altho one of the carafes was empty). The desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Oh, and if you need to use a bathroom upon arrival after a long drive, grab your room key quickly - there are no "public" restrooms available in the hotel! I had a couple of friends staying there, also, in separate rooms; one said her room was dirty (her dog was finding empty candy wrappers under the bed), and joked about the blanket as well; the other said she couldn't get the AC to stay at a comfortable temp - it was either too hot or too cold. She finally decided to open her window (she was on the second floor). All in all, I've stayed in better hotels, but there wasn't much to choose from in this area that would take dogs. I guess I might stay here again - but perhaps other hotels should consider becoming pet friendly, especially if there are dog events taking place in the area. Oh, one more thing - since this is an "extended stay," don't expect anyone to come in to tidy up while you are out. After a long day out, we came back to find the room just as we left it, so we had to tidy up the room ourselves! I can see no housekeeping for people who are living there for weeks or months, but if someone is staying for just a couple of nights, it might be nice to send someone in to tidy up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, pet-friendly policy and our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, pou@extendedstay.com. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My parents and I stayed here last summer while we were visiting a vet specialist. We had a 10 hour drive from Canada and were checking in around 6 pm. Very friendly staff upon check in. We had two dogs one with 3 legs so requested a room on the ground floor which they happily switched for us.
We were on the end of the hallway which was convenient for taking the dogs out to do their business. We had a room with two double beds. The beds were decent and the A/C worked great. However one con I would say is a real lack if any walking space in the room with 2 beds. Due to a fridge, counter space and microwave space to walk gets cut. Surprisingly roomy bathroom.
This was a very quiet hotel and less than full capacity when we were there. It was located close to a Walmart and grocery store as well as diners and restaurant chains.

The room rates were decent and the facility was clean. We did not eat continental breakfast but it was offered.

Highly recommend eating at The Redline Diner about 4 minutes from hotel! Excellent food and prices!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie C
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2014

So...I've now stayed at three Extended Stay Americas, and this one wins hands-down. The staff are terrific; organized for me to receive the same rate at another ESA when I had to travel last minute to another city, *then* organized for me to receive a complimentary night's stay at a third location, as the second location turned out to be on the scary side...(the third, the LaGuardia location, involved the front desk being rigid about letting me have a late departure time, until I brought up the fact that the water had been shut off for a period, the shower didn't work even when the water had been turned back on, and I found a cockroach in the bathroom...but even that was better than location #2, which will remain un-named...)

ESA's seem to be quite uneven. There seems to be an affordable housing problem in the US, and families are living in rooms at ESAs in all three locations I visited, and I would bet in most, if not all, locations. What needs to happen is ESA needs to set standards so that these hotels remain safe and well run for everyone either living there, or passing through.

If ESA would like to see an example of how to do this right, they could look to ESA Fishkill as an example.

All the best,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay. I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and organized. All of your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our hotels. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed for 5 days and were very pleased. The room was clean and fully stocked (dishes, silverware, cookware, even a packet of dish soap!) The "Grab & Go Breakfast" is a joke! Coffee and a few packets of Granola bars! But, we didn't stay there for the food. The location was great, the room was clean, and they took dogs --- perfect!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, room 140 was 2 rooms away from the side door to the dog walk area. Any closer, an...