“Good for a quick stay or extended business.”

HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We spent one night at the hotel, for a quick getaway to the Hudson Valley. The hotel is conveniently located to I-84, Route 9, and the thruway. It's located in a business park across from a Walmart so it is far from scenic. However it's a clean hotel with polite staff, huge suites with a full kitchen , and a good a free breakfast that includes an omelet station. Bottom line is this if your looking for a charming hotel or inn in the Hudson Valley, don't come here. If your looking for a good place to centrally locate yourself, and start your sightseeing on a full belly, I highly recommend this hotel. Also if your here for extended business it's also great, free wi fi, and plug in modem as well as kitchen .

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here two separate times 4 years ago when Sierra owned it. I was looking forward to our stay here for 10days. We traveled from Florida to Montreal then Fishkill. We arrived around 7pm. As we were traveling for 19 days we had lots of clothing which I immediately unpacked upon arrival. I placed our empty suitcases next to the dresser below the a/c return in the bedroom when I noticed 1/2" thick of dust. Then I swiped my along the window sill and blinds in the bedroom and it was the same condition. Then at 8pm they sent the maintenance worker and housekeeper to clean around us it took 1 hour. I asked them to vacuum as well as the dust was so thick I didn't trust the cleanliness of the carpet. The next day I wanted to boil water for macaroni and 1 pot had white mold the other 1" or more of stagnant water in it. It took 30+ minutes for them to get the maintenance to open the kitchen to get me a clean pot. This time they were teflon one heavily scratched. I choose not to eat teflon with my food so I had to use the smaller pot and prepare less macaroni than I intended. The bottom of the stovetop was severely rusted and disgusting. It delayed our dinner and placed an inordinate amount of stress on me to get dinner for our family on time as our daughter had to be at work at a specific time.

My husband was in charge of grilling the meat and the utensils that were at the grill were laden with 2+" of dried on gunk from the previous user. When my husband brought these to the front desk and requested clean cooking utensils for the grill, he was told to clean them himself When he refused the only utensil the front desk could supply was one tong used for breakfast service. Fortunately we were only grilling sausage and it sufficed. Also a grill brush to clean the residue from the last user which we had to clean the disgusting grill.

I washed the dishes before we used them and there was dried on food which I had to scrub off with scalding water. The silverware was stained, the colander had dried on food on it. The piece de resistance when I chose to wash everything by hand and use the dishwasher as a drainboard I noticed white particles the size of my thumbnail moving around in the bottom of the dishwasher quite disgusting. I'm assuming the disposal back upped into the dishwasher. I notice when we first arrived the heat coming from the dishwasher when I opened it, it was empty. Upon reflection I think the housekeeping emptied it before the full cycle hence the filthy dishes and silverware.

It came to the point that I was embarassed to complain anymore. It drew me to tears at midnight at the front desk. It is impossible for them to maintain a clean sanitary property. I had dishpan hands from two days there.

My husband wanted to use the pool and/ or hot tub and my feelings were that we need to purchase test strips to test the water as this hotel is untrustworthy when it comes to sanitation and cleanness. I certainly wasn't going into their water.

The upside is because the experience was so horrific I began looking at other properties in the area. I only looked at dog friendly as we have two dogs we are traveling with so I can't comment on Hampton Inn and others which don't allow dogs. I chose the Mariott on the other side on State Rd. 9 and it has exceeded my expectations. It may be an older property and the furniture in some rooms "shabby" but the cleanliness is 5 star. I must have marveled at the silverware drawer 5 times a day for the past two days as sparkling. I didn't have to clean anything before using it. The grilling utensils were clean and brand new. I didn't want to stay here because it is two flights up and I'm used to one level for the past 35 years but each step up is worth the cleanliness. The space is huge. The kitchen has a full oven. EVERYTHING IS CLEAN AS A WHISTSLE. And to top it off they offer a great breakfast and have guest socials in the evening with free wine, beer and food. I can't express how appreciative I am to have a large suite to stay in that is so clean.

1  Thank Orin M
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The HYATT house in Fishkill NY was a wonderful place to stay. It was conveniently located and easy to find. The room was clean and very quiet. The breakfast buffet was delicious with many selections from which to choose. We were in driving distance to West Point, Hyde Park, the Vanderbilt Mansion, which were all stops we wanted to make. No complaints at all.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed there starting August 28. I definitely recommend this hotel steeped in a very pleasant atmosphere. Starting at the front desk through the housekeepers everyone was as helpful as they could be.

The catering department was fabulous. We gave a wonderful brunch for 80 people and the dedication they had to do it right was so evident. The one bedroom suite was very satisfactory (although the bathroom was like a motel's) and very reasonably priced.

The hotel is across from Walmart and a block or so from a host of restaurants.

Room Tip: The suite is worth the extra bucks.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is our second stay at the Hyatt House. This time we had a suite which was very nice. The breakfast was good and plentiful and the breakfast hosts were very attentive both days of our stay.

The front desk staff was helpful as usual.

If they could only get rid of the voice prompt reservation system the entire process would be much better. Your best bet is to book online and forget talking to a person.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter.
2  Thank jean_likes_maine
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Clean, conveniently located hotel staffed with pleasant employees. Their breakfast buffet has great Paleo options, instead of being the usual carb heavy fare served in most places. They have an omelette station -- made-to-order and very good ! I would absolutely stay here again.

1  Thank gsd_newfie
Reviewed 22 August 2013

From the moment you check in, there a feeling of warmth from the staff. The room was great, fridge, microwave, coffee bar, large bathroom, great bed and towels. There for a wedding and we had an after party from midnight to two at the hotel bar and lounge, without a hiccup. After staying at a Comfort Inn from Hell in Nanuet the previous night, this gave us reaaurance that the Hyatt appreciates travelers and gives them the best service and feature for our dollar.

Room Tip: Great little town and do take the walk across the Hudson, the hotel will give you directions.
1  Thank 10,904