Arrival / check-in went smoothly and quickly. The room was nice, although a bit too cramped to fit in the luggage carrier. There was a handy bench near the beds to sit on and use as a changing table. The rooms were quiet, and pleasant smelling. Beds were comfortable, and there were plenty of pillows. The AC/Heater unit was easy to program for the temp we wanted. On the downside, the heavier lined curtains would not shut all the way. We checked to see if we were just doing it wrong, but no, the track wasn't built to close. ??? Assume it must have been because they would have then covered the AC/Heat unit, but couldn't they have just put in shorter curtains? The result was not being able to shut out the light, making sleep difficult because of outside lights, and not really feeling as if someone couldn't see in. Hmmm. The bathroom looked really nice. However, the shower didn't have anything to avoid being very slippery, and although I'm not generally an unsteady person, I felt the need to be extra-extra careful. Then the towel rack fell completely off the wall when I was trying to put a towel on it. I could push the screw right back into the hole, so you could tell this was not a new thing and that they need some spackle or an anchor to better secure it. Hubby went to make coffee in the morning in our complimentary pot / package, but found that the cord and where the coffee-maker is plugged in doesn't allow you to pull it out far enough out of the area it's in to be able to open it and pour the water in. <<sigh>> This started to add up to a Nice Idea, but Poor Reality result for us, and why I titled the review as I did. If it were only $99 / night, I might have expected some of these things, but for a few dollars more there are much nicer places nearby. Overall I would say it wasn't a bad experience, but I'd pick another hotel if I had the chance. Too bad, because it did look like a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Fishkill, New York.If you're traveling on business, our hotel in Fishkill, NY, is convenient to IBM East, the Xerox training center and LAM Research and is just 15 miles from the Culinary Institute of America. If you're traveling by air, our Hudson Valley hotel is close to Stewart International airport (SWF). Albany, LaGuardia and JFK airports are also all within 75 miles of our hotel. For leisure travelers exploring the region's wineries or the Hudson River Art Trail, we make it easy to get around since we're off I-84 and convenient to both Rte. 9 and NYS 52/82. Our Fishkill lodging is a great place to stay when visiting nearby West Point Military Academy or Washington's headquarters at Newburgh. While you sample the many offerings of the Hudson Valley, let our Fishkill accommodations be your home away from home. This new hotel is 100% smoke-free and features high-speed, wireless Internet access in all rooms. Enjoy the heated pool and solarium to relax and rejuvenate after a day spent touring or hiking. Our Fishkill hotel is filled with amenities that make us a wonderful value. The Holiday Inn Express in Fishkill will make your stay as memorable as the area.Take a virtual tour of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fishkill
- Holiday Inn Fishkill
- Fishkill Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Fishkill