“The way a hotel should be!”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Very nice hotel. Nice large, clean rooms. Small gym, pool, ice machines, laundry room, refrigerator and microwave in room add to the stay. Very nice staff. Well located with a few good restaurants near by and a movie theater across the highway. I stay hear because of the great hiking near by. Great way to spend the day, then grab dinner and back to the hotel.

Room Tip: all the rooms are pretty similar. You may want to ask for the 2nd or third floor to cut down on am t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Dan O. –

I do want to thank you very much for sharing your experience of your stay. It is great to hear that you have selected us as your hotel of choice when staying in the Hudson Valley. For you to say that our hotel “is the way a hotel should be” speaks to the efficient, professional manner our staff works hard to project to our guests at all times. I really do look forward to your return visit so we can serve you as our loyal guest once again.

Holiday Inn Express Fishkill – Mid-Hudson Valley

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We only stayed one night, on the road South, but this is a clean, new HIE that has all the usual amenities and is very conveniently located to the Interstate. Local restaurants are a short walk or drive away. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. As I am brand-loyal to HIE, this hotel fully met my expectations. We recommend and would return again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear PKinNB -

As our guest feedback is generally positive for this hotel, I am happy to notice that you have enjoyed your time with us as well. It is because of our meticulous upkeep of the facility that give us that "brand new" appearance, and our constant training of our staff that does produce the constant mentions of the excellent customer service. We do look forwards to the next time we can have you as our guest once again.

Holiday Inn Express Fishkill - Mid-Hudson Valley

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Offers a good location to the highway and surrounding area. The rooms and bathroom are on the small side and heating system was rather noisey when running. Also the hotel was slow to remove snow from the siewalk area and parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Fly_Bob,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that our location was suitable for your needs and apologize for the inconvenience the condition of the room may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 December 2013

me and my family go there about three times a year. i got a room this time for my mother so she could spend time with her grandchildren in the pool. i had seem the review about the pool being cold, but it thought it may have been a personal preference. some people like the pool hot some cold. so i called up and asked them about it. they said it was working and no problems. well that was not the case the pool was very cold not heated at all. so my mother and children could not use it. they did complain, and the hotel did turn up the heat. still a pool take a long time to heat up. the next day the water was warmer on the surface. but still unusable. the hotel did give me a 25 dollar credit. but there experience had been ruined. i'm sure the pool is fixed now. if they had told me it wasn't working i would feel so much better about holiday inn. i own two small business and would never do that to my customers. other then the pool there stay was good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear DWM2112,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by our pool. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We really liked the hotel. It was clean, with fresh and bright rooms. Overall, very good value for the money.

My only recommendations:

1) Improve the maintenance of the pool, as the water and room were too cold. Also, the towels were too small.
2) Please include more soap in the rooms.

Otherwise, everything including the breakfast buffet was enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Larry A -

We do value all feedback and opinions provided to us by our guests. I am very happy regarding your comments about the condition of the rooms. In regards to our pool, we are having the equipment that heats our water repaired. With that said, if you choose to stay with us again, you will be able to have the full experience that is intended when our pool is used. Additionally, it is the standard at this hotel that all rooms receive two bars of soap during their stay. Any extra soap can be requested at the front desk. If you would like to speak with me directly about the issues you had experienced, you may contact me directly be calling the hotel. We do hope you see you the next time travels bring you to the Hudson Valley.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Arrival / check-in went smoothly and quickly. The room was nice, although a bit too cramped to fit in the luggage carrier. There was a handy bench near the beds to sit on and use as a changing table. The rooms were quiet, and pleasant smelling. Beds were comfortable, and there were plenty of pillows. The AC/Heater unit was easy to program for the temp we wanted. On the downside, the heavier lined curtains would not shut all the way. We checked to see if we were just doing it wrong, but no, the track wasn't built to close. ??? Assume it must have been because they would have then covered the AC/Heat unit, but couldn't they have just put in shorter curtains? The result was not being able to shut out the light, making sleep difficult because of outside lights, and not really feeling as if someone couldn't see in. Hmmm. The bathroom looked really nice. However, the shower didn't have anything to avoid being very slippery, and although I'm not generally an unsteady person, I felt the need to be extra-extra careful. Then the towel rack fell completely off the wall when I was trying to put a towel on it. I could push the screw right back into the hole, so you could tell this was not a new thing and that they need some spackle or an anchor to better secure it. Hubby went to make coffee in the morning in our complimentary pot / package, but found that the cord and where the coffee-maker is plugged in doesn't allow you to pull it out far enough out of the area it's in to be able to open it and pour the water in. <<sigh>> This started to add up to a Nice Idea, but Poor Reality result for us, and why I titled the review as I did. If it were only $99 / night, I might have expected some of these things, but for a few dollars more there are much nicer places nearby. Overall I would say it wasn't a bad experience, but I'd pick another hotel if I had the chance. Too bad, because it did look like a nice place.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor, back side of the hotel. It was quiet, although we were pretty sure there were...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Tracy B –

We do believe that guest feedback is a crucial factor in how we operate as a hotel, and I would like to thank you for providing you opinion. It is reassuring that you found the rooms quiet and the beds comfortable. I did notice that you stated that you had an issue whereas the curtains did not close all of the way. All of our rooms do have two sets of curtains (as most hotels do), the front set of curtains in the room are for decoration only, as the curtains closest to the window (the blackout curtains) are opaque and overlap each other by a few inches; they are designed to block any light attempting to come into room. Our staff did inspect the curtains in the room you stayed in to ensure that they are working correctly. Also, you did experience problems with the bathrooms. We have taken your suggestions and looked at the towel rack to ensure that it is secured to the wall. All of our showers do have the non-slip surface that is a required standard for all Holiday Inn Express hotels. However, as an extra measure of safety, we have inspected that surface in the room you stayed in to ensure that it is serving its purpose. Once again, we do take any guest comments that we receive seriously and do appreciate the information brought forth by them. We do hope that you will give us another chance when you return to the area so you can take notice our prompt response to correct any errors.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had a bit of a false start when I checked in... no one came to the front desk for a good 5 min. (it was well past check-in time...) I could hear people talking in a back office, I just could not see anyone. Finally resorted to calling the hotel. A "ring for service" bell would take care of the problem, or just a bit more attention to detail... Other than that, I was pleased. Rooms are nicely furnished, roomy, clean and have everything that you might need, incl. wireless at no extra charge, microwave, fridge, etc. There were at least two women's collegiate rugby teams there (I was in town to watch the DII Womens' Rugby "Sweet Sixteen" tourney up in Poughkeepsie at Vassar), but it was very quiet. Just a block or so off I-84, but again, noise was not a problem at all. Would stay here again. Nice area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear carderock –

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us, we really do appreciate the guest feedback. Although I am happy that you found the rooms comfortable and well-equipped, however I am concerned about your first impression of the hotel. As this is not reflective of our normal level of service, I am taking a look at what happened that particular day to ensure the desk is fully staffed at all times, as I do not want to experience a repeat of this inconvenience. Once again, thanks for the overall positive comments about our hotel and we do look forward to you next stay with us.