“Great value for a comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
“Great value for a comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We drove to a few Fishkill lodgings upon arrival and settled on HIE after driving past 3. We didn't regret it at all. We stayed here in June 2011 and the memory of it remains clear. It had decent-sized rooms which could accommodate a family of 2A 2C. Not only that, we had the free use of the business lounge to so a web check-in for our flight home as well as print!! It was also a noon that we could do our laundry before we returned home so we had less dirty laundry! Wonderful!

A simple breakfast greeted us the next morning. Simple but decent. Pancakes, toast, yoghurt, fruit, milk, juices, cereals.

Around The area are restaurants, a small mall with a cinema, a chain department store (I forgot if it was Target or K-Mart). We managed to watch GREEN LANTERN and HANGOVER part 2. Heh heh.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Weemeister
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Weemeister,

Thank you for your kind words. They have been shared with the staff and ownership of the property. It is very gratifying to know all of their hard work pays off.

If you find yourself back in the Fishkill area, we are always here to welcome you back.

Nancy Sullivan, Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently made reservations at this hotel for a work trip I was going on. The hotel rep said they were located about 20 miles from West Point Military Academy. A 20 miles commute didn't seem like a big deal and it was a newer hotel so I booked my stay. However, later on after I found out from a co-worker that the 20 miles was actually at least a 40 minute drive because the commute included travel through some winding mountainous roads that got extremely foggy at various times throughout the day and night. I cancelled my reservation and changed it to another Holiday Inn Express (HIE) that was older, but closer to West Point and to avoid the extreme driving and visibility conditions.

As I was on government travel, I ask for an email verifying that my reservation was cancelled. I was told that they didn't offer emails for cancellations but verified my reservations would be cancelled. A couple weeks after I returned from my travels, imagine my surprise when I found I was still being charged for a room at HIE Fishkill even though I cancelled my reservation.

I contacted Holiday Inn corporate. The representative I spoke with reviewed their records for the prior reservation as well as an upcoming reservation only to find out the information they had on file was inaccurate. The representative admitted that his information was only updated if/once the hotel updated their information with corporate. I was told I would have to take the billing error up with the hotel because the cancellation was handled directly. HIE, Fishkill contacted me a couple of days later and said that without my confirmation number for the cancellation, they would not remove the charge. I told them that it was several weeks since the cancellation had been done and that I had been assured that my reservation had been cancelled. When I mentioned that I had requested an email verifying the cancellation, I was told again that the hotel did not provide emails for cancellations.

Bottom Line...This HIE is under private ownership like many are. As they failed to cancel my reservation after telling me they would, and I did not have a cancellation number (almost 3 weeks after the actual stay) I am now stuck paying for a room I did not use. It appears HIE record keeping has some areas for improvement and when they don't do their job, they expect you and I (the customer) to pay for their lack of attention to detail. Is this really the way Holiday Inn does business or just this location?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank LuAnn G
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am sorry that you were not able to stay with us. Our hotel has a 24 hour cancellation policy. Would you mind sending an email to sales@expressfishkill.com with your name so that I can look up your reservation further? We hope that when you are in the area again, you will give us a try.
Morristown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Although I found this property very average with some issues in the room and some items missing at the breakfast bar, I do want to give credit to excellent service by the staff. They were very responsive to issues I had and made me feel good about my stay. The price value was also very good so if the need arises I would return to give them another try.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MaloneBT
Dear TTMLL2215,

I am so sorry we did no meet your expectations in some areas. I would like to invite you to call me directly so we can discuss them.

I hope that if you find yourself in this area again you will give us another try.

Fair Haven, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I recently took a trip to this area for a party in Cortlandt. We wanted a brand hotel instead of an inn and found this hotel. We usually stay at Hilton properties but this was the closest, only 3 miles from the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised that it was on par or better than the the Hilton Garden Inn at a significantly lower price. Because I'm a rewards member they upgraded us to.a suite. When I noticed they were having an online special rate I called the front desk and they lowered the price. I expected to be turned down. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the complimentary buffet breakfast had the standard items but the food quality was a bit higher.
The hotel is located in an area that is safer and cleaner than other parts of town, and the parking lot is well-lit. But it was the convenience of the location that sold us. Our only complaint was the dim lighting in the bathroom, but it was a clean well appointed bathroom which made up for that,
In summary, if you're going to be in the area and need a convenient location and you like the Holiday Inn chain, this will not disappoint.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ahs281
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Fishkill-Mid Hudson Valley. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us when you were in town! We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the area. Thank you for your business and for your review.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I got married in April in Peekskill. We initially booked our group at the unfinished Holiday Inn in Peekskill and at the last minute a manager told us that the Peekskill location would not open in time (though we were promised many times that it would be) and moved us to Fishkill. The Peekskill location was difficult to deal with and often made false promises.

The staff in Fishkill were fantastic to us and our guests, working with them was such an improvement over the other location. The room was clean and spacious, and the team there worked to accommodate our every request. They understood how stressful it can be to move all of your guests to a different location 48 hours before your wedding and worked with our families and guests to inform everyone and offered a better rate than the Peekskill hotel.

Big thank you to the Fishkill Holiday Inn, we had a great weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eddymac76
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear eddymac76,

Congratulations on your wedding. The entire staff and management wish you many years of health and happiness. We understand how stressful it is to plan a wedding and we are happy we could help you with that. I have shared your kind words with the entire staff and they were pleased to know all of their hard work does not go unnoticed. I hope if you ever return to the area we will welcome you back with open arms.

Killingworth, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

this place is easy to get to (right off 84) and has a gas station and diner both adjoining parking lots. The hotel itself seemed pretty new, and the staff was friendly. The room was clean and we had a room where the shower had 4 jets that you can have the shower massage on.
Typical HIE breakfast selection - and had good open parking with 4 ways to come in and out (all the non-front were secure 24/7). TV selection was also good - better than what I saw at Marriott properties in the same area.

Room Tip: the x10 rooms are near the "quiet" elevator but the beds align to the wall away from other...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank erik f
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear erik f -

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in one of our executive rooms which do include the upgraded amenities. Also, you did mention that you were impressed with the vast selection of cable channels. We are very happy that you did notice that we offer more than the competition in the area without the extra cost. Many of our guests do comment on our "brand new" appearance, which does serve as a reward of the hard work that we put in to keep the atmosphere within the hotel fresh. The staff at the hotel does look forward to your next visit so we can continue to serve you as one of our valued guests.

Steve Curley
Director of Sales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I found this property by sheer luck.Nancy the front desk manager couldn't be any nicer! She is always there to welcome us with a smile!The property is always clean and the accommodations are top notch.We have stayed at many different locations in the Fishkill /Poughkeepsie area and this one by far stands alone. People often ask why Fishkill? The area is beautiful,the locals are great and the Holiday inn express is superb,that's why.BEST KEPT SECRET!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy H
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Stacy H –

Our Assistant General Manager, Nancy, is one of the main reasons we retain our base of repeat guests. As she works her hardest to fulfill any requests that come her way with her trademark cheerful attitude, she is one of the major tent poles of this hotel. I also do want to give acclaim to the positive remarks with our facility, we are very happy that you consider us “top notch”. As you did mention, there are many other to choose from when it comes to lodging in Fishkill. We are the first choice for many travelers to the Fishkill / Poughkeepsie / Newburgh area based on the feedback that we receive, which speaks to the level of quality and service that we put out. Nancy, as well as myself, does look forward to your next stay with us.

Steve Curley