Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area
Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
US$123
Courtyard
Springhill Suites By Marriott Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
US$145
Holiday Inn Express(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hotels.com
US$156
US$150
Residence Inn
All reviewsfull kitchenown bathroomlarge roomenjoyed our stayfull sizehome away from homeliving areapull out couchwaffleswould stay here againfree breakfastconvenient locationnew yorkhudson valleyfireplaceunitsgas
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed in a 2BR suite for a family weekend with our two teenagers, exploring activities along the Hudson. I chose the Residence Inn because we like our space, and for about what we would pay for 2 rooms at a B&B, we got more room to spread out. We were in building 16, on the 2nd floor.

The room was clean, but definitely needed maintenance. There were a few holes in the upholstery of the couch. The downstairs tub had visible (epoxy?) patches. There were gaps in the corners of the bathroom wallpaper. The bathroom fans were VERY loud. Some of the wall outlets were not working, but I was not motivated to tell the front desk since there were other outlets to use. One mildly annoying detail was that the lamps/clocks upstairs and the downstairs TV were unplugged and we had to go behind the furniture to connect them.

Having said that, we found the staff to be very warm and welcoming. Breakfast was good -- enough choices for everyone.

We have stayed at Residence Inns before, and in general the condition of most of the properties are similar. We go there for the space, so it's fine as long as everything is clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Let me start out this review by saying, I've stayed at this property at least 3 times per year for the last 12 years. I remember when they renovated the rooms 10 years ago. That being said, they need to renovate again. The furniture is shabby, the kitchen cabinets and appliances are old, the carpet is worn, and the patch repairs to the walls, ceilings, doors and moldings are getting to be too much. There is no sport court even though there are still signs for it, it's been turned into a seating area.
That being said, it doesn't stop me from staying here. The rooms are always clean, beds are comfortable, the kitchen is ready for use, the staff is extremely friendly and ALWAYS accommodating. Issues are taken care of quickly by the hotel staff and I have never had to wait for help. I have NEVER been ignored, gotten a cold shoulder or felt slighted.The staff treats you as a member of the family, so much so when I was at the BBQ this week, a staff member asked me where my son was and I hadn't been there with him since the year before! Breakfast is plentiful, there are always places to sit and there are healthy choices as well as the regular eggs, sausage and waffles.
I will continue to stay here as its really my home away from home!

Room Tip: Ask for a building closer to the main building. You don't want to walk too far for breakfast when it's cold outside.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Place stunk of wet dog and mold. I turned on the water and a huge spider came out . Very outdated and rips in the furniture . Pool and hot tub smelled and had slime on the bottom from all the trees around . Workers were seen while it was still guest hours in the pool area drinking and goofing around in the hot tub. Breakfast was terrible and they didn't have enough room to sit . It's over priced and I felt as if I were in a dumpy motel room or an apartment . I was wheezing from all the mold for days . Didn't have a dog and was charged a 100.00 pet fee . Place is a rip off only good thing was free beer and wine for 2 days . Gross disgusting mold infested place . I don't recommend staying here .

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

As a Marriott Rewards member, I have used many Marriott Brands across the United States. When I checked in to the Residence Inn in Fishkill, NY, my first thought was, "How long has it been since someone checked out this hotel?" It has a "ghetto" apartment feel to it. I was shocked to learn that I was paying $189 a night for a room. I am appalled at the conditions of this hotel!!! I choose to stay at Marriott because of the consistency I get. I should have gone to the Hilton Garden in Newburgh. The pictures online do not even come close to what it looks like. It is false advertising. When you first come in to the front office, you are hit with the smell of mold and mildew. In the room you are then hit with the smell of cigarette and wet dog. The couch my child slept on is ripped up and looks as though someone has wallowed on it. The whole complex is in need of repair and a serious upgrade. In the bathroom while taking a shower you could watch the tobacco tar roll down the wall. The next day we got up and found that we had been bitten up by fleas. I only stayed here because we had no other choice. This is not what I expected from a Marriott. Worst place I have EVER stayed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Excellent room and hotel staff. Like other Residence Inns, these suites are fully stocked and spacious. It was a little expensive but it was easy for me to find a lower rate by shopping on line. Mattress was soft which I would not have preferred but I think I could have addressed that by asking for a different room. Location is remote but you already know that!

Room Tip: Good value but look for discount
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple