“Just fine for a short stay”

Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Baltimore, Maryland
“Just fine for a short stay”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We overnighted here last week on our way to New England. It's conveniently located just off I-84 and it's pet friendly. Those were our two big factors in choosing this Marriott. The rooms at this facility are condo style and you can park in front of your unit which helps with unpacking / packing. Our room was certainly adequate for one night. However, the place is worn and is in need of an update. The door to our room has taken a good beating and there were caution stickers posted on the door and windows in our room about keeping everything locked up. That said, we experienced no troubles regarding safety. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. If we travel through this area again, I wouldn't rule out staying here, but I'd certainly check other options before making any decisions.

Room Tip: Our room was on the lower level and we could hear a lot of noise from the room above us. Second flo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our family bought several rooms at this hotel for a wedding off site. We were lucky enough to be there for their Thursday night managers' free dinner and fed a family of 5 for free with drinks! We were very pleased with the helpful staff who managed our several trillion questions. Later one evening,our large contingent took over the common room, and the staff was very patient with us. However, having seen the inside of three different rooms, I would say there is a considerable disparity between them. Our room had a very tiny bathroom where it was difficult to stand outside the shower with the door closed. The spots on the carpeting were very unsightly. However my daughter's and sister's rooms were much newer and had a more spacious and spotless feel. I would stay there again..

Room Tip: ask for a room that has been updated on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Time4Tea2013
nm
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

The breakfast staff was awesome! Now the bad news: Second floor leaking into to ground floor room at check-in, moved to second floor. Exterior old and peeling, cigarette butts all over. The carpet is the newest thing in the room. Water pressure was good, but overall it's not the usual Marriott standard. It's old and ready to be sold.

• Stayed September 2013

Travellers are raving about these Fishkill hotels

Brentwood, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2013

So I have to agree with the previous reviewers because this location is in serious need of updating. I do like the condo/townhouse style of the hotel but… (For drama) the inside needs to reflect the outside. My bed was so darn squeaky it gave me a headache. My room had stale air but I was able to solve that by opening the sliding doors. The property has so much potential, the Fishkill location was my first Residence Inn with that townhouse-like style. I felt like we were at a sky resort, the town/area is so cozy. My girlfriend and I enjoyed out getaway but for a long-term stay I would opt to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Lockport, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at the Fishkill Residence Inn on Friday, August 30, 2013. I chose to cut short an anticpated 2-day stay to one day due to the dated and run-down conditions at this hotel. Exterior needs painting, cobweb removal and cracked concrete patched. The interior is only worse, mildew smell, old, old furnishings.....when is the last time you saw a microwave operated with a dial instead of a electronic pad? Water did not go down in the shower.....who likes to shower with water up to their ankles? Slept in my clothes and with all lights on....and still saw a giant bug skitter across kitchen floor....left as soon as possible in the morning. Didn't even stay for the breakfast. I had stayed the prior week at a Residence Inn in Rhode Island which was a delightful experience, this one was just the opposite. Marriott needs to reassess this franchise's right to call itself a 'Residence Inn'.....it is not up to their normal standards.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott Cortyard in Poughkeepsie instead,
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank drummundi
Grafton
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We were attending a wedding across the river at a small winery. This was the site for all the guests. It could not have been more perfect for this weekend wedding event. All the consistent quality one looks for and expects with a Marriott property are here: welcoming staff, clean and comfortable rooms, nice bedding, easy breakfast, pool, indoor and outdoor gathering spaces, etc.. Best of all, you do not feel like you are in a big hotel with long hallways and endless elevators. The layout is a whole bunch of small homes, each holding 8 guest rooms. Plenty of privacy and just one flight of stairs for those on the top floor. Our first visit to a Residence Inn was a big success.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've been here two nights and can't say how much I appreciate the cleanliness and value of this property. I really didn't want to climb stairs to my room but it is so worth it. I know many have said the property is shabby but that is not to be confused with cleanliness. I prefer a worn spot on the sofa and knowing that I don't have to clean every utensil or dish before use, I was staying at the Hyatt and it was disgusting. What a shame such a lovely property can't maintain a reasonable level of cleanliness. After 2 nights there I ran away.

As we have dogs my options were limited. How lucky we were to find the Residence Inn. I marvel at the cleanliness. Although the property is dated in many ways is immaculate. This is more important to me than the superficial updated facility. The breakfast is more than satisfactory. And to add to the list of pluses they offer socials in the evening to guest which offer food and wine and beer free of charge. The value is impossible to beat.

The ambience of the property is astounding. It's like having your own townhouse. Unlike the rooms at the Hyatt, this is like having your own home. I can't imagine any place better

Room Tip: Can't imagine a bad room. Chose a room in the back of the property and coudn't be more plea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple