Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here after attending a football game in West Point. Were somewhat concerned after reading negative reviews of the property, but found it to be just fine, in fact good! Staff was very friendly, breakfast was good, room was nice. Our room had a fireplace! It is a large property, in the townhouse style. Different from the usual RI properties, but a nice change. We were on ground floor, and could hear people walking above, so you might want to request an upper floor. That said, this is a fine hotel, and we would definitely stay again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We got a great deal on this property via priceline, and at first were a bit hesitant given the multitude of negative comments we found online regarding this hotel. However, we were pleasantly surprised in all regards.
First off: The check-in person (?Giselle) was very pleasant and helpful, and did not even hesitate when we asked her to change our reservation for one of the rooms to a 2 double bed room (had been booked as 2 Queens by priceline). When I further asked if they happened to have a room with a fireplace, she made that happen as well, and still managed to find us two rooms next to each other. Just as we were unloading our car, she came running up to us to let us know that she had mistakenly given us the wrong room key. I have stayed at several properties in the past where I am sure nobody would have come running after us with the right room key, rather would have waited until we noticed the mistake ourselves and come back to the check-in counter for the correct key. So I was very impressed with that!
In regards to the rooms, my husband and I found it very amusing that our kids declared this hotel to their "all-time favorite, best-ever" hotel. Amusing because we have stayed at quite a few high-end hotels (thanks to priceline's "name your own price"!), and had just checked out of NYC's Waldorf Astoria that day, and yet it was THIS hotel that they seemed to like the best. Of course the reasoning behind this was the fact that there were two TVs in their double bed room, a microwave with popcorn, as well as a fireplace. So definitely passed by way of kids' standard!
Also passed by our standard: The studio was well kept, clean (my eldest actually remarked that she thought the bathroom at this property was cleaner than at the Waldorf Astoria), and the beds comfortable. What more could you ask for?!
Also included was a hot breakfast buffet with eggs, ham, make-your-own-waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt parfait as well as the usual continental breakfast. The kids were impressed by a plaque that hung in the hotel lobby thanking the hotel for their services in assisting the Vice President's staff (who apparently had stayed there).

Overall: I can not agree with some of the other reviewers' negative comments about this property. We found the staff/service to be excellent, the rooms to be clean and well kept and the breakfast to be plentiful. For dinner there were several restaurants in the area, we opted for take out from 5 Guys Burgers & Fries. Very family-friendly place, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Got a Priceline steal. Spacious room, comfy bed. Desk a little small for business use in this room, though. No defects in room - not there long enough to notice any. Fitness room 2 treadmills and an elliptical only. Breakfast variety good incl fruit and hard-boiled eggs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We overnighted here last week on our way to New England. It's conveniently located just off I-84 and it's pet friendly. Those were our two big factors in choosing this Marriott. The rooms at this facility are condo style and you can park in front of your unit which helps with unpacking / packing. Our room was certainly adequate for one night. However, the place is worn and is in need of an update. The door to our room has taken a good beating and there were caution stickers posted on the door and windows in our room about keeping everything locked up. That said, we experienced no troubles regarding safety. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. If we travel through this area again, I wouldn't rule out staying here, but I'd certainly check other options before making any decisions.

Room Tip: Our room was on the lower level and we could hear a lot of noise from the room above us. Second flo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our family bought several rooms at this hotel for a wedding off site. We were lucky enough to be there for their Thursday night managers' free dinner and fed a family of 5 for free with drinks! We were very pleased with the helpful staff who managed our several trillion questions. Later one evening,our large contingent took over the common room, and the staff was very patient with us. However, having seen the inside of three different rooms, I would say there is a considerable disparity between them. Our room had a very tiny bathroom where it was difficult to stand outside the shower with the door closed. The spots on the carpeting were very unsightly. However my daughter's and sister's rooms were much newer and had a more spacious and spotless feel. I would stay there again..

Room Tip: ask for a room that has been updated on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Time4Tea2013
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

The breakfast staff was awesome! Now the bad news: Second floor leaking into to ground floor room at check-in, moved to second floor. Exterior old and peeling, cigarette butts all over. The carpet is the newest thing in the room. Water pressure was good, but overall it's not the usual Marriott standard. It's old and ready to be sold.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013

So I have to agree with the previous reviewers because this location is in serious need of updating. I do like the condo/townhouse style of the hotel but… (For drama) the inside needs to reflect the outside. My bed was so darn squeaky it gave me a headache. My room had stale air but I was able to solve that by opening the sliding doors. The property has so much potential, the Fishkill location was my first Residence Inn with that townhouse-like style. I felt like we were at a sky resort, the town/area is so cozy. My girlfriend and I enjoyed out getaway but for a long-term stay I would opt to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple