“Mostly good experience”

Hampton Inn Fishkill
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Breakfast room and coffee service were very good. Housekeeping staff did a great job replenishing coffee service in room. Room was kept very clean. Hotel as a whole was clean and well kept. We smelled a strong smell of cigarette smoke we believed was coming from the adjacent room where a guest was breaking the rules and smoking. My major complaint was the website said that fitness center was nearby and it was actually three traffic lights away ... what seemed like a mile. Although I had a pass to go there I never went because I was shy to go to a "gym." Website said laundry/valet service when, in fact, there was no laundry and we were told to use a laundromat close to a mile away and not use their valet service because it was "too expensive."

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your most recent stay at Hampton Inn! Your remarks about the high level of cleanliness that we keep by our housekeeping staff are greatly appreciated. We strive to provide a great value for all of our guests that visit us at the Hampton Inn Fishkill.

I also appreciate hearing your concerns regarding the lack of an on-site fitness center at our property. Our building was built 14 years ago, prior to onsite fitness rooms becoming a standard in the industry. However we have arrange to offer complimentary guest access to All Sport Fishkill health club which can provide far superior services including a full gym, yoga, indoor pool, cardio center, and even a women’s only fitness area so you can exercise in comfort! We do offer a laundry valet service currently at property, and unfortunately this did not meet your needs during your stay. I am in the process of investigating the Hilton standards and cost behind installing a laundry service for our guests in the future! Thank you again for your comments as they help us improve and provide all of our guests with the high quality service and comfort that you deserve. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Fishkill!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The Hotel has a very pleasant staff. The breakfast was nice with a good selection. Had a very comfortable room with nice linen and plush pillows. Free Internet and Breakfast was great. It sits right off the main highway and the main route so easy on easy off. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We've stayed at other hotels in Fishkill and the Hampton was by far better. Clean, good sized rooms and breakfast was on the better end of the spectrum for free breakfasts.

The only complaint I have is that it is very near I-84, especially in the lower numbered rooms, so it may be prudent to try to stay at the other end of the hall. Of course, near the interstate is often what one is looking for in such a hotel.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast during your stay and found it to be one of the better breakfast offering in the Fishkill area. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed here at Hampton Inn Fishkill and feedback such as yours helps us in monitoring all areas of the hotel, and is used as a tool to further achieve the high standard of quality for which we strive. I hope to see you again soon, when you’re ready to make a reservation please call me personally and I’ll be happy to block a room with your preferred preferences away from the highway! Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We were scheduled to room at the hotel next door, but found that hotel extremely dirty and disgusting. So our friend walked over to the Hampton and told them our situation. Alex (front desk staff) was so accommodating! She was able to offer us a room for only $10 more than the other hotel and gave us the last two available rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Alex called us a short while after unpacking to make sure we found the room okay. And boy was it! The beds were comfortable, the hotel itself was very clean. (We did encounter ants in the eating area though. We didn't see them at any other time or anywhere else during our stay, but within minutes of our daughter dropping food, the ants appeared out of nowhere!) I felt okay about letting our infant daughter crawl around the room on the floor it was so clean! The free breakfast in the mornings was great too. A lot of variety to choose from and everything tasted great. There is coffee, hot chocolate, and tea available in the lobby 24 hours a day, which was a nice added touch. The pool was well cared for and offered great swimming hours. And the hotel had discount passes for area restaurants and attractions which came in very handy to help us stick to our budget. All of the staff we encountered, whether it was front desk, food, or housekeeping staff, everyone was friendly and asked if we need anything. All in all, this hotel was a lifesaver for us. It would've been hard to stay in the neighboring hotel that was so dirty. I would've had a hard time letting our infant explore! A big thanks to Alex for helping us enjoy our stay in Fishkill.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your recent experience during your stay at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! I also want to thank you for recognizing our Front Desk Associate, Alex! We train and encourage our team members to always look for opportunities to impress our guests, and if there is ever a problem we want to always go above and beyond to correct that. For Alex to turn your negative experience at a neighboring hotel into a positive comfortable stay for you and your family here make me extremely proud of her commitment to guest service. I am excited to share this review with our entire team and reward Alex for her efforts!

As the weather turns and we have the warm sun shining on the beautiful Hudson Valley, unfortunately unwanted pests will also want to visit our hotel. Rest assured, that we have a great Pest Control company that does routine inspections of our property and can spray outside to detour unwanted pests.

Again, I greatly appreciate the remarks about the pleasant stay you experienced here at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! It is the positive and kind comments, such as those that you expressed, which reward our efforts to provide the highest level of quality service and guest satisfaction. I truly hope you have another opportunity to visit us at the Hampton Inn Fishkill!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The hotel is superclean with a decent hot breakfast, and plenty of other options, replenished frequently. I appreciated having the refrigerator and microwave in the room, too. The location was easy to find and surrounded by plenty of options for meals.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community! Hampton Inn Fishkill prides itself on its friendly, caring staff and offering the 100% Hampton experience. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and the convenience of having a refrigerator and microwave in every room. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here this past weekend for one night. We arrived late and the check in was quick. There was coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the lobby and since it was pouring down rain when we arrived, a hot cup of tea was just what was needed before bed. The hotel itself is nicely decorated and clean. The beds were not the most comfortable but the hotel was quiet and everyone slept well. The breakfast area in the hotel is roomy and well arranged. There were many breakfast options including hot oatmeal with mix ins which was my personal favorite. My biggest complaint about the entire stay was it was too short to enjoy the pool. I reccomend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us. We enjoy hearing success stories from our guests! Our hope is that all of our guests will experience a "welcome home" feeling when they enter our doors.

Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of our amenities like our 24 hour coffee and tea service bar in our lobby! Next time you’ll have to relax and take a swim in your indoor pool! We are also pleased that our staff was a part of your pleasant experience. I will share your comments with the team.

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Fishkill in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Recently stayed here with my family. The hotel is clean and easily located off the highway. Kids had a great time swimming in the pool. The front desk personal was warm and inviting when we arrived. She was very helpful with all our questions regarding local restaurants.Only thing I would change is the pillows.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! I also want to thank you for recognizing our associates for being warm and inviting! I am happy to hear that your kids had a great time in our indoor swimming pool as well! It is feedback such as yours that assist us in the monitoring of the hotel's success, and is used as a tool to futher achieve the high standard of quality service for which we strive. Since reading your comments, I have purchased numerous feather and synthetic pillows to ensure future guests have a comfortable stay while at our Hampton Inn. I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Fishkill in the near future!