“Perfect hidden gem”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Rochester, NY
“Perfect hidden gem”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised first by the reception, the cleanliness of the room, the (I'm guessing) recently upgraded interior design. The continental breakfast food and eating area was excellent! I was blown away by the quality of the hotel considering the price point. I don't typically write reviews but was compelled to in this case. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seconomides
RyanSaunders, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear seconomides:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hampton Inn Fishkill! I truly appreciate you sharing your experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community. You guessed it: We just completed a $1M renovation of our public spaces and exterior. We're proud of our like-new hotel and we work hard to keep it clean and in good condition. I'm also pleased to learn that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. As a Hampton, we've made many additions and improvements to our free breakfast and we have many more planned. Come visit with us again soon to see what's in store!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Staff was terrific - really helpful and accommodating. Food was lame and the pool had too much chlorine. Room was clean and well maintained. Easy access to the interstate. Van Wyck house is an interesting attraction nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Patrick M:

Thank you for taking the time to review Hampton Inn Fishkill! I appreciate your candor and value your feedback. Our Engineering team monitors our pool's levels at least twice daily to ensure it is compliance with all health and safety guidelines. Being one of the few hotels in the area with an indoor heated pool open year-round it's important that we make sure it's clean, fun and safe! Additionally, Hampton is always making upgrades to it's complimentary hot breakfast buffet offerings so perhaps you'll find something more to your liking on your next visit! I thank you for your kind words about our friendly, helpful staff and clean rooms. Come stay with us again soon, and thank you for being a guest of Hampton Inn Fishkill!
Richlands, Virginia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel passing through. This hotel was great!! The rooms were clean and updated. Loved that it had a indoor pool. Also loved that it was warm in the pool area and the water was warm. The breakfast was awesome!! The only bad experience we had was the fire alarm went off at 6:30 in the morning. So we had to evacuate the building and it was very cold outside. But things like this happen and would stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jen_2000
RyanSaunders, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear jen_2000:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hampton Inn Fishkill! I've shared your kind words with the entire team and everybody is so proud to have given you such a wonderful experience. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet as well as our indoor heated swimming pool. I regret the inconvenience of the unexpected fire alarm but I appreciate your understanding and patience. Since we are committed to your safety we happily comply with local ordinances requiring a full evacuation whenever the alarm goes off, even if it's just because somebody forgot about their English muffin in the toaster! Thank you again for being our guest, and do come visit with us again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2013

From check in to check out it was a great experience!

We had been traveling all night and got there hours before check in. Even though our room was still being cleaned they offered to hold our bags (at no charge) and they recommended some great attractions in the area to start our vacation. They even offered to call my cell when the room was ready.

We even helped ourselves to the free coffee and tea!

The rooms were incredibly clean and the pool was just delightful.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

1 Thank vacalady001
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us! As General Manager, I’ve been blessed to work with this fantastic group of unique individuals that come together to truly define “hospitality”. We carry so much pride in our hotel, and truly care about every guest that we have the opportunity to encounter! It is the positive comments, such as those that you expressed, which reward our efforts to provide the highest level of quality service and guest satisfaction. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Fishkill in the near future!
Herkimer, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Was staying in the area with my family and found the Hampton Inn here to be very clean and an overall nice stay.
The staff was very friendly at check in and at breakfast, which was also very good and was a lot fresher than other hotels we've been to.

1 Thank SirReginaldWalliby
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were able to enjoy time with your family in the area. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed here at Hampton Inn Fishkill and I will be sure to share your comments with our team and let them know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon, we would love to have you!
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with my family. The service was excellent and the rooms were impeccably clean. Even the free breakfast was delicious and satisfying. The staff was also incredibly knowledgable about local attractions to visit with my family. I would definitely stay here again!

2 Thank jaymastasawnduz
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet during your stay. I am also pleased that our staff was a part of your pleasant experience. I will share your comments with the team during our next staff meeting as well. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed here at Hampton Inn Fishkill and feedback such as yours helps us in monitoring all areas of the hotel, and is used as a tool to further achieve the high standard of quality for which we strive. I hope to see you again soon, when you’re ready to visit the Hudson Valley again please call me personally and I’ll be happy to make your reservation! Thank you again!
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I'm not sure why, but there are a huge number of major hotel brands at this tiny exit off Rte 84 in Fishkill, NY. It would be easy to miss the Hampton Inn stashed behind a Ramada and neighboring Marriott Residence Inn, however, I found it to be fresh, welcoming and inexpensive. It had a terrific free breakfast as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Anne C
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us in Fishkill! As you mentioned there are many options in the Fishkill area and we are certainly honored that you chose us! While we are hidden behind other hotels, we like to think that we are the hidden gem of the Hudson Valley! We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet! Again, I greatly appreciate your review, as it rewards our efforts to provide the highest quality service and value, and keeps us as Fishkill’s #1 Hotel! I hope we can welcome you back to the Hampton Inn Fishkill in the near future!