Hampton Inn Fishkill
Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
US$104
Courtyard
US$122
GardenInn.com
US$133
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
US$135
Travelocity
US$279
US$167
Residence Inn
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanindoor poolcomplimentary breakfast isgreat place to stayfitness centerwest pointoff the highwaynew yorkother hotelswould stay here againfresh fruitwafflesstaff was friendlycookieshudson valleynice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Upon check in, we were told by girl at desk they hold a 25% incidental on our card until check out and that if we didn't use it they would charge it. The lobby is very nice with sitting area with sofas. Always coffee and fruit. Hot good breakfast with eggs & cheese, waffles, cut fruit, bagels, etc from 6-10am. Our room was super clean with super soft bed. Bathroom was nicely modern. flat screen TV nice. However we set alarm clock in room #423 and the radio does not work on it, complained to front desk upon check in...girl didn't care to acknowledge that they would correct it for next person. The indoor pool was ICE COLD so we couldn't go in it. The hallway carpets were dark with dirt where foot traffic occurs toward the middle away from the walls. Upon check out, the girl at front desk said nothing was charged beyond what I already paid Priceline.com. But when I checked my bank statement, 4 days later, Hampton put 50% (or $50 hold on my bank card) not the 25% as stated,causing my checking account to overdraw. I called the hotel back and a girl who answered said it it more like a 33.33% hold. Transferred to mngr Shawn who said the girl who checked me in was new and told me wrong amount. Instead it is a flat $50 for priceline bookings for incidental hold. He passed the buck, telling me to call my bank to straighten out and he will even talk to them to "vouch" for me. So I called my bank, and they said it will take 3-5 days to reverse incidental hold. Bank told me to have hotel fax request to bank asking for hold to be released sooner. I tried calling Hampton mngr back 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and 1 hour later. Left voice message. He never picked up phone nor called back. Meanwhile, I overdrew my account because they charged more on card than they said they would. Took long for hold to get reversed. Mngr gave me a bunch of BS blaming it on the new girl, but ultimately doing nothing to correct situation

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
RyanSaunders, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I’m sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t completely outstanding but I am pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, 24-hour hot and fresh coffee, and our clean and comfortable guest rooms. Unfortunately you did visit us while our pool heater was undergoing repairs but it has been completely overhauled so our guests can enjoy a nice warm swim.

Our front desk staff was correct in telling you that your card would not be charged; as noted below to another traveler we merely approve it so you may enjoy amenities such as in-room movies and surcharge-free long distance phone calls. It appears that you presented us with a debit card so the approval holds funds in your account, unlike with a traditional credit card where your credit limit is merely held. You may review your debit card agreement with your bank for a more in-depth explanation. I did contact your bank on your behalf to ask them to release their hold since we had done so when you checked out. While we are unable to control each bank’s policies I hope that I was able to convince them to expedite the process.

This has given me the opportunity to further train our staff regarding the nuances of credit cards versus debit cards so we may better inform our customers. Thank you again for being our guest and please accept my personal apologies for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

Reviewed 6 October 2010

This hotel is very nice and close to the Franklin Rosevelt home and Culinary Institute. The issue I have is that Hampton Inn charges a 25% incidental fee when you check into the hotel. I was not even aware of it at check in. The cost for the room was 169.00 plus state and occupancy tax which brought the bill to 189.49. When we left I checked to see what was charged to my credit card and it was not the 189.49 the invoice had read it was 217.00 !!! Is this really necessary ? Who thought of this charge ? And not being informed of it makes me want to stay somewhere else!! Very surprised and dissapointed in this policy.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank murphman
RyanSaunders, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2010

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do not charge incidental fees except for those goods or services which are used. Since most everything is included with your room rate the only additional charges you may see on your bill are for long distance phone calls (local calls are free), in-room pay movies, or dry cleaning. When you check into our hotel, your card is authorized for the total cost of your stay plus an additional 15% so that if you wish to enjoy those additional amenities you may do so hassle-free.

When you check out of our hotel you are only charged the amount seen on the bill and the difference between that and the initial authorization is released. This is common practice among all hotel major hotel brands. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. For your future travel needs I recommend contacting the hotel ahead of time to see what their policy is so that you may plan accordingly. I certainly hope this didn't detract from your experience and you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 20 September 2010

This Hampton is conveniently located for an overnight stop. We requested an early check-in along the way and were cheerfully granted that request. When we arrived, the front desk person greeted us VERY warmly, and he was helpful with hotel information as well as local information. I wish that all hotels understood the importance of a smile and friendly greeting to guests on arrival. It really sets the tone!

Our room was average in size and pretty typical of Hamptons. There was a nice large LCD TV, and I found the internet connection to be good and fast. Bedding was comfortable. Bath was average. There were a good number of towels. There was a refrigerator and a microwave in the room - very convenient!! Two small complaints about the housekeeping was that there was a little mold in the corner of the shower, and the windows were dirty. The rest of the room was fine.

Coffe, tea, hot chocolate, and fruit were available all day in the breakfast room. When we were there on a Sunday morning for breakfast at about 9 a.m. it was really crowded, and there was a bottleneck in the serving area - to be expected, I guess, on a weekend. Tables were cleared and cleaned as soon as guests at each table left the room. The service person at breakfast was sweet and responsive to guests' needs and did keep the items on the buffet replenished. There was the typical array of buffet offernings that you'd expect at most Hamptons.

If we pass through this area in the future, we would pick this hotel again for an overnight.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
RyanSaunders, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We're all very proud of our Hampton Inn and I've passed along your comments to our staff so that they can see their efforts do not go unnoticed. Our Housekeeping department will certainly address the issues you've mentioned so that we can completely WOW you during your next visit. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 30 August 2010

This hotel was a mixed bag, but since some of the things that irritated me might not bother you, I'll spell them all out. My first impression was a bit of surprise at how far it really was from Newburgh (and the airport), not to mention the toll on the only road from the west to Fishkill. If you're going to be going to anywhere on the Newburgh/Stewart side of the river, then keep in mind you'll be paying tolls one-way on every trip.

Most importantly, the staff was friendly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the towels were soft. There was ample free parking and free internet, in addition to the free breakfast (which I missed and so cannot comment on). My room looked out onto the highway, but I heard no highway noise. Unfortunately, there was plenty of other noise. First was the slamming doors that repeatedly woke me up in the morning and prevented me from getting the late sleep I really needed. There really is no excuse for noise like that, since the hotel can easily fix the doors so they don't slam shut. That noise came on top of a full night of the A/C cycling on and off, on and off, which was a rather loud and annoying occurrence. (Note to self: take A/C off Auto and leave it on manual all night. It will get cold but at least I won't wake up.) Suffice to say, I was not a happy camper in the morning. The room also had a microwave, but since it was sitting at the foot of the bed, its bright green light was shining directly towards me until I covered it with a towel and pillow. And lastly the curtain simply didn't keep out all the outdoor light.

Thankfully the A/C did not blow directly onto the bed. It did, however, blow directly onto the desk, from below about two feet to the right. It blowed sufficiently strong that the desk became unusable while the A/C was on, which for me rendered the room useless on the business leg of my trip.

Now, an eye mask and ear plugs might solve most of these problems, or if you're a heavy sleeper and don't need the desk (or A/C) these things might not bother you at all, and the comfortable bed and freebies will be enough. But since all of these disturbances were preventable, I had to lower the rating.

As noted, the staff was friendly, and graciously let me leave two days early. So, like I said, a mixed bag - depending on your needs and where you're going, this might be a good place, or it might not. For me personally, since sleep is the reason I go to a hotel, I would not repeat.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
RyanSaunders, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2010

Thank you for the thorough review of our hotel. It is our goal to consistently deliver superior service and accommodations to every guest who stays with us. To that end we are always happy to hear constructive criticism so that we make focus on areas where have an opportunity to improve the quality of future guests' experiences. I assure you that your comments have been taken to heart. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to the opportunity to impress you in the future!

Reviewed 17 August 2010

This hotel is on approved list for Patterson Bethel. It is excellent. Only downside is that it is a half hour drive to Watchtower. Patterson Inn would be better, but I can't stay there. It is a 5 min drive to most everything--Wal Mart, Chillis, several restaurants, gas, supermarket, banks, fast food.

My room sparkled with newness. They had two freebie web computers in the lobby, excellent chocies for breakfast--from pure American of eggs, meat and whaffles to simple low-fat cereals with fresh fruit. One of best freebie breakfasts I have seen. (Not like Mom would cook, but a lot better than a roll and coffee.)

My wife was there to attend the Newburgh District Convention and I studied at the super comfy desk with its roller chair during the day. The refrigerator kept my lunch and drinks cool and the microwave heated up my snacks. Listen, it really is a 5 star hotel.

For some reason, I couldn't figure out the presence of a pool from their web site, but there is a pool and one can take swim a few laps with no competition.

Another minor point, but very important to me, the window opens for fresh air.

I do beleive we should support Society approved hotels, but I personally wish an excellent value accomodation and I would recommend this hotel to any Friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
RyanSaunders, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2010

Quite the comprehensive review! Thanks so much for sharing it. We're thrilled that you loved our hotel as much as we do. Hopefully we'll see you back again for the next convention!