Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill
Springhill Suites By Marriott Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$144
US$164
Hampton.com
US$145
Holiday Inn Express(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$156
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsplatinum rewards memberroom was cleanstarbucks coffeefront desk staffthe hotel staffwould stay here againhudson valleybreakfast was includedconvenient locationnight's sleepcracker barrelnice stayfitness centerhyde parkstaff was friendlyoff the highwaybistro
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stood for one night only in this newly renovated Courtyard. Very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. We specially liked the large room and the vicinity to a wal-mart super market. Staying here again? Sure!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Made a reservation at this hotel and secured it with a credit card. Went to check in at 5:30 pm and there were two weddings also booked at the hotel. Desk clerk (who was very nice, no complaints about the staff) and her manager both said they couldn't find my reservation. They even called the Courtyard in Poughkeepsie and the Residence Inn but both hotels didn't have the reservation.

I wasn't the only one there checking in at that time who had problems. There was a family checking in and a gentleman checking in that the computer system "couldn't find" their reservations either.

So, I asked to book the room for the night at the $109 AAA discount rate that I reserved. The manager kept maintaining that I didn't have a reservation and that she couldn't honor my reserved rate. She told me the room rate was $179 for the night!

At this point I got tired of the bait and switch and walked out. Went next door to the Hilton Garden and got a room for $2 less than my original reserved rate.

I think that with two wedding parties in the hotel, Marriott overbooked the hotel and anyone who wasn't there for the weddings got their reservation cancelled. I better not be charged for this. I will never stay at Marriott again. It's not the staff's fault. The fault lies in the Marriott reservation system for overbooking the hotel. Caveat emptor - make sure you have your reservation number or you're screwed.

Room Tip: Keep your reservation number and confirm by phone at the hotel or Marriott will cancel you.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
CourtyardGMFishkill, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you for your review on November 13. We deeply regret the experience you had while checking into our hotel. After receiving your review, we gave our front desk team some feedback and additional training on how to handle a situation like this in the future.

I can assure you Marriott's Reservation's department does not secure reservations with a credit card and then cancel them. I would like to research your reservation further if given the opportunity. You can reach me directly by calling the Fishkill Courtyard by Marriott hotel main number.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Nice chain, same as the other Courtyards - if you like to know what to expect - this is your place. Decent sized room. You have to ask for a fridge - but, they brought one right away, however, it really didn't run so well - good thing we didn't have any food in there!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Although I think it is a bit expensive for one night if you get there early you usually can check in at that time. The hotel is immaculate and the lobby smells so clean and fresh. The hotel just went through a total upgrade and it looks gorgeous. The pool area is beautiful and the grounds are nice too It's literally across the street from a multiplex theater and there are many restaurants very close by. The area is beautiful and it's location is great. Close to the CT border, West Point, Catstills etc. Would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend this to others.

Room Tip: Any room is great but I prefer rooms not near elevators and ones that are not on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy you love our hotel and were able to enjoy our new upgrades. We certainly look forward to your return trip to the Hudson Valley. We also have some great promotions going on this time of year.

Thank you again for your great feedback.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I've stayed here in the past many times and have never regretted it. The lobby recently underwent renovation to the new Courtyard lobby theme. The hotel is well maintained and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Instaid of staying at the Courtyars in Middletown a few exits west on interstate 84. I will stay here. The difference is like night and day. The Middletown Courtyard couls certainly take some good lessons from the management and staff at this hotel. This hotel is usually the least expensive of the other Courtyards on 84 in New York State. As a Platinum Rewards member I am usually upgraded to a suite.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business