“It just keeps getting better!”
Review of Courtyard Fishkill

Courtyard Fishkill
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“It just keeps getting better!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stay here often and can honestly say that my experience at this hotel continues to exceed my expectations. The staff is very helpful goes above and beyond making sure that I have what I need during my stay. This is the place to stay if you're in the area on business OR pleasure!

2 Thank RCRDSR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Right off the highway, very convenient for getting around the area. It was clean and comfortable. It was very quiet too.

Free wi-fi was a bonus!

Tip: We drove about 20 mins away to Cold Spring and had breakfast at The Foundry. It was excellent! You feel like you are going back in time... really cute town with antique shops and art galleries, and on the water.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The bed was comfortable, and staff was nice, but the air conditioner + fan sounded like an airplane motor revving up in the room -- so loud that conversation was nearly impossible. How is a person supposed to sleep with that level of noise, I wonder? We tried opening the window, but there was a tour bus idling directly below for hours, so that didn't work. We had no choice but to sleep with the window closed and no air circulation -- consequently the room was like a tomb, and we both woke up the next morning all stuffed up with head aches. Breakfast was included in our room price but the line was so long waiting to be served (only one person was working at the time, even though it was at 7:30), that many people gave up and left without it. When finally it was our turn, the coffee I was served was lukewarm. I definitely would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure the air conditioner + fan is quiet before you unpack!
1 Thank musician1
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 April 2012

If you are going to be in the Fishkill / Patterson / Wallkill area, the Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill is a wonderful hotel to have as your base. This hotel was recently remodeled, and has a pretty hip vibe to it. My wife and I enjoyed the main lobby area where you have a food counter where you can get small eats & drinks, and then sit at one of the lovely booths.

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, very professional! In fact out of all the recent hotels I have stayed at, this staff stands out.

If you are visiting one of the area attractions such as the Bethel facilities, skiing, etc, this is a perfect choice for accommodations.

Room Tip: Right across the parking lot is a good place to eat names Charlies Steak House. The service wasn...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Peter S
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at the Fishkill courtyard this month while traveling on business. The hotel has been recently remodeled and you can see that right when you enter the lobby and then to your rooms. The check in process is very efficient and so is the check out. The room size is decent, very nice decors, internet cable and wireless work great. Bathrooms are also of a nice size. The TV clarity was a bit dull, but I didn't use it that much anyway.

The location of the hotel is great, right off I-84 and on US-9. If you are flying into SWF Newburgh, its a straight shot on I-84 to get to the hotel. It's a 20 minute drive up to Pougkeepsie, another 20 to Hyde Park etc. It's located right next to a Super Wal-mart as well. Lot of good eateries around also - you shouldn't miss Maya Cantina - a great Mexican place, Tanjore - an Indian restaurant, on RT-52 in Fishkill, all within a 5 minute ride. Panera, DD, Starbucks are all very near as well - In short, food/shopping is not an issue at all.

They no longer have a breakfast buffet, but more of a coffee shop model. They are very friendly and helpful. You do have a good selection of breakfast items for a reasonable price. They serve Starbucks coffee and the hotel local brew coffee is tucked to the side. So, if you are not a Starbucks fan, there is the 'normal' coffee also - although they don't serve that after 10 or 11 am. Hence, if you are like me needing coffee in the evening, you have to buy Starbucks - I think Marriot should keep a local brew coffee at the lobby - most hotels do that!

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay - staff members are very friendly and cheerful, great amenities and location! Highly recommended and will come back again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger..so during check in, do ask for those. The elevators are slower than a snail...
Miami
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I recently had a pleasant stay at the Fishkill Courtyard Marriott. The hotel is conveniently located at Route 9 and I-84 and it’s an easy drive to both Wallkill and Patterson, New York. The hotel has been recently renovated from top to bottom. Everything looks and feels new. Check-in was fast and efficient. The hotel lobby offers what they call a Bistro, which basically is a very trendy looking cafeteria/bar that offers food options, beverages and cocktails. They serve breakfast (not complementary) and dinner.

My room had two double beds plus as per my request a crib. We are five, two adults and 3 children and yet felt we had enough room for everyone. The bathroom was comfortable and the typical toiletry amenities are provided. A small refrigerator and a microwave were also available for use in the room.

A Charlie Brown’s Steak House is right across the street as well as a Ruby Tuesday Restaurant. A Super Wal-Mart store and many other businesses are also adjacent to the hotel. This hotel is truly a winner.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MMJeJona
New York, NY
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have traveled here for many years. The price is very high for a two-star - maybe three-star property. Recently, Courtyard has replaced the traditional lobby restaurant offering waiter service and full, hot buffet breakfast; instead, they now have a coffee-shop style operation with pre-pack, takeout-food and coffee. The average ticket price is the same or more, but patrons eat off paper and plastic, have a limited selection and no waiter. I LOVE the hot breakfast buffet. I like the waiter! For $10, I got a huge, hot breakfast, eggs cooked the way I like them and had widevariety. Now, I pay the same, but Courtyard offers over-priced PRE-PACKAGED food and coffee. If I wanted a Starbucks, I'd go to one. I get it - the business model is charge the same, but reduce overhead, costs and muss and fuss. However, I won't patronize this new food outlet. Instead, I will go to the many other food outlets. Don't get me wrong - the new remodel IS attractive, comfortable and clean. However, I resent the new business model - charge the same or MORE and provide less and less in return. Why would I want to pay four dollars for coffee in a paper cup instead of a buck and a half in a china mug? I do not. Why would I want food prepared off-site and chilled in plastic rather than have fresh food prepared to my order. The answer is I don't. This is not an inexpensive hotel. The average property price runs in the HUNDREDS of dollars - $200 or more is common. Hey Marriott, you are CRAZY. I will go to another chain and pay less and get more. I get it. Poughkeepsie is busy and some travelers at IBM have plenty of corporate money to spend. However, professional people like me will make price-sensitive selections. Too bad, too, because I liked this hotel. Oh, and you can forget about the complimentary coffee service in the lobby, too. Instead, you can spend buy a cup of coffee now for $3.00. Later. Hello, Hilton Garden Inn with exactly what I am looking for, plus the Fishkill property is new!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business