“Not that great”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Wantagh
“Not that great”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ok, second time there. Had no choice all other hotels in area were booked. Room clean, staff friendly and helpful. The air conditioner was very noisy and not very cold,hate to be there in the summer. The food counter was very slow, food was good coffee good, just make sure your given a full cup before leaving the counter. Jose was very personable and efficient. Probable go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Seif F, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Fishkill, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback for your recent stay. We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for returning to stay with us for a second time. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our food in our Bistro as well as Starbucks coffee we serve in the Bistro, as well. Our team works very hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests- so all positive and negative feedback is addressed immediately. Looking forward to having you with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a run of the mill Courtyard hotel (to me Courtyards are always stiff and unwelcoming). The first day I bough breakfast at the hotel. It felt like a rip-off ( expensive and not very good). The second day I went to the diner across the street and was happy to find a great value breakfast (big servings, hot, fast, and less expensive than the Courtyard).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Seif F, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Fishkill, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us here in Fishkill. We do apologize that you were dissatisfied with our breakfast options. We take pride in our service and quality and will definitely review the feedback with our team as we strive to continuously improve. We believe that our recently renovated Courtyard provides many amenities to separate us from other properties- 24 hour market, Bistro serving breakfast and dinner, great lobby space to relax or work. We would love to have a second opportunity to show you our capabilities!
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I were there with other guests attending a wedding. The shuttle they provided to and from the reception was great. The hotel staff was very friendly. Our rooms were nice and clean. Prices were affordable. Would recommend your hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed there while I was driving through there to go to Maine. Staff was friendly. I arrived there at midnight. Room was clean and very comfortable. I had a good night sleep there, woke up late in the morning rested and ready to continue my travel plans

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Oresti B
Seif F, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Fishkill, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out and reviewing your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Fishkill. We are very pleased to hear of your exceptional experience. We have the best team in the business and we will definitely recognize them all for their great guest service. Our brand new mattresses have proved to provide a comfortable night's sleep for our valued guests. Looking forward to having you stay with us again during your next travels!
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we were upgraded (after asking) to a 1 bedroom king suite. We're Marriott gold elite members and one of the perks is free room upgrades. Just wish they automatically offered it rather than having to ask.

That's really where the party ended. The room smelled gross. I couldn't tell if it was musty or pee.

There were 2 HD TV's, but the hotel apparently doesn't subscribe to HD service so the picture was lousy.

The carpeting needed serious updating in the rooms and halls. The carpet just felt dirty in the rooms. The hallway carpeting was an absolutely hideous pattern and even the walls were carpeted in the halls.

We would've asked to move to another room, but we checked in around 1030pm with tired kids and was told this was the only 1 br king available when we upgraded.

There was a mini fridge and microwave in the room, but no sink in that area.

We probably wouldn't stay here again if it were $25 a night. As Marriott members, we were pretty disappointed.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Skiz77
CourtyardGMFishkill, General Manager at Courtyard Fishkill, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Skiz77: Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the unfortunate experiences that you and your family encountered during your stay at our hotel. Please know that we have reviewed your comments with our team and assure you these items have been addressed. We take great pride in our customer service and our recently renovated guest rooms. I hope the next time you visit the Hudson Valley area you will give our hotel another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your comments further.
NEW YORK
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The room was a little tight but I made the best of it... The service is excellent & very accommodating.... The Bistro is Great (room service is great)..... I had a good night sleep on.... The hotel location is in the Walmart shopping area.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family of five stayed here for two nights in a suite. The hotel was clean and sufficient for what we needed. I remember when that hotel opened and it was the best place to stay. I wouldn't say that now - needs some updating.

When checking in I asked if the sofa bed was made up since we needed to use it as a bed. I was told that it was. Of course, when we got to the room, it was not and there was no bedding to be had for it. When I contacted the front desk, I was told I could come and get the linens. The front desk person was the only one there until 10 p.m.

There is no free breakfast. They have a breakfast bar which had a nice selection but was very expensive - $3.50 for a bowl of cereal. Since the hotel cost more to stay in per night and no free breakfast, I would recommend one of the other, newer hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Seif F, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Fishkill, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Fishkill Courtyard. We are glad to hear that you decided to return to our property and thank you for your loyalty. In addition to our complete renovation, we have added our Bistro in which we serve breakfast and dinner everyday. Our variety of options are perfect for any appetite! Although breakfast is not generally included, we do offer several packages that can be booked to include breakfast during your stay. We hope you will take advantage of these packages and are looking forward to having you with us again!