“Fabulous weekend”

Ranked #2 of 3 Fleischmanns B&B and Inns
NY
“Fabulous weekend”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We spent Memorial Day weekend at the inn and it was fantastic It was such a great experience we can't wait to book another weekend. Helpful owners and staff, clean, modern amenities, and just beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
NYC
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Please don't make the same mistake we did. We booked at the Breezy Hill Inn expecting a quiet, restful stay while attending a wedding nearby, and that couldn't have been further from our experience. I have never had such a terrible stay at a B&B.
The first night of our stay, we returned to the B&B at 9:30pm only to hear an extremely loud dinner party going on directly under our room. When I say loud, I mean we could hear *every word* of the owners' and their guests' conversation about NYC politics. My husband went downstairs to complain and spoke to the owner, who was entirely unapologetic and said that they were finishing up dinner. The noise continued until 10:45pm.
We were woken up the next morning at 5:30AM by young children talking very loudly and running around -- we later learned were the owners' grandkids were staying over for the weekend on the floor above us. (Note that the B&B's website discourages children, saying "We are sorry but we may be unable to accommodate families with children under the age of twelve.") We tried to sleep for two more hours but it was impossible. The two other couples staying at the B&B told us over breakfast that they also couldn't sleep after 5:30, and that one of their rooms was directly under the children and that there was screaming in the middle of the night also. We and another couple called other hotels in the area and tried to move, but it was Memorial Day weekend and everywhere was booked.
We and another couple mentioned the noise to the owner and told them that we'd been woken at 5:30. Again, she did not apologize. The rest of the morning, the house was loud with kids running and playing.
The impression we received is that the owners use this house as their vacation home, that they and their family are the priority, and guests are third-class citizens. I have never been so poorly treated at a B&B. We left after two nights, having hardly slept, and we could not wait to get home.

Room Tip: If you have no choice but to stay here, bring ear plugs, a noise machine, and low expectations.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Laura H
innkeeperontheroad, Owner at Breezy Hill Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Laura H.,
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at Breezy Hill Inn. It is true that we were having dinner when you and your husband returned to the Inn. I did, indeed, apologize to your husband during our conversation for the noise and I told him that we were finished with dinner. We immediately cleared the dining room and cleaned up. I was in bed by 10 o’clock and the house was quiet so I am confused by your assertion that the noise continued until 10:45. Unfortunately the young child staying upstairs awoke disoriented and called out for her mother. I am sorry that you were awakened. Upon learning from another guest who brought the disturbance to my attention in your presence although you made no reference to it earlier when you and I spoke directly, I said the situation would be ameliorated. There was no disturbance the next morning. You have quoted our policy correctly but I would like to point out that the use of the word “may” which gives us the option as to whether to have children under 12 in the building. As to our concern for our guests we were happy to comply with your dietary requests and in fact you stated that breakfast was perfect. We value our guests and work hard to make their stays pleasant. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed for two day while skiing nearby. The house is beautiful but, the rooms were pretty small. We arrived Friday evening around 7pm and there was no one around, just a key taped to the door. We would have like to get a recommendation for dinner nearby or an idea of what was available within the house. Wasn't till following day that I learned there was a steam room in the house. Might have been nice to have some coffee or tea available in the late afternoon but it was all put away and no staff around. A few other families were staying at the Inn with small children and the walls were thin. We heard the kids playing, crying and yelling all evening. Breakfast was pleasant but lacking the special touches that we have found at other good B&B's. All in all a nice weekend but don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Blue & Green rooms very small.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
innkeeperontheroad, Owner at Breezy Hill Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. There should have been no surprise that your late arrival would mean an envelope with a key and a map of the Inn would be taped to the door as the Innkeeper spoke with you the day of your arrival. She would have been happy to provide you with restaurant suggestions and you certainly would have found some in the den in our recommend book. Your comment about not knowing about the steam room until the morning suggests to me that we add to the map, the recreation opportunities including the pool table, game table and beverage center with electric kettle for tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

I am curious as to what "touches" might have been missing at your two course breakfasts which included home baked goods, home made preserves, a breakfast entree, fresh fruit, yogurt and all the coffee/tea you might want. Sorry that we did not meet your expectations although your comments in our guest book certainly seemed to say we did. Happy travels.
Baiting Hollow, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Hello
We like the B&B very much. It is very clean and well maintained. I would give 5 stars for that. Unfortunately in my opinion is a little to expensive because the room in which we stayed was very small (no closet to put our clothes). I also think breakfast should be a little bigger. French toast is not enough when you go skiing all day.
In summary we like the place and maybe come back in the future just we will take different room and ask for double breakfast ;)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rafiolo
innkeeperontheroad, Owner at Breezy Hill Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Rafiolo,

I am pleased that you found the Inn "pretty and clean." Thank you.

If you were served french toast for breakfast as your main course, you were also served a full cup of yogurt with granola and fresh strawberries and/or black berries as well as a homemade banana walnut muffin, orange juice and coffee or tea. I am sorry you didn't let us know that you might have wanted more as we always make extra and in fact we generally ask our guests if they would like seconds. Had you booked with us more in advance you might have had a larger room but as it appears you stayed with us only one night, as you didn't mention another breakfast which is usually omelets, that must have been the only room available. All of our guest rooms have either a closet or a hall tree for hanging clothes in addition to the closet on the main floor for jackets and ski boots. We will be delighted to offer you a different room when you return.

Breezy Hill Inn
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Over the holiday break, my boyfriend and I decided to take a last minute snowboarding trip to the Catskills. We found the Breezy Hill Inn through Google, and so glad that’s where we chose to stay. It really was exactly we were looking for – a quiet and relaxing setting, beautiful accommodations, and just minutes away from Belleayre Mountain. Michelle and Alan were both very welcoming, and were able give us a suggestions of places to go in the surrounding area. I’d return back to the Breezy Hill Inn no matter what the season, and highly recommend to those looking to escape the city for a while!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Breezy Hill Inn while in town for a wedding. We were originally attracted to it by the website and ease in contacting the place for questions ahead of time. The price was extremely reasonable especially compared to other options in surrounding areas. Michelle, Alan and Georgette are extremely friendly and knowledgeable on the area with great suggestions for activities and restaurants.

The house is beautiful, fully restored and updated. They also have free wifi and HD tv which seemed pretty rare in the area. Morning breakfast was plentiful and delicious including home-made jam from the plum tree on their property.

If going to the Catskills, highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Welcoming Gem of a Place!

My friend and I are always keeping an eye out for special places to unwind. We were so delighted with Breezy Hill Inn. No only is the building meticulously restored but the attention to detail is admirable. We arrived late but the owners were gracious and welcoming. Breakfast was wonderful. Georgette's omelette was just right and the homemade muffins were tasty and not too sweet. Alan and Michelle were very attentive and helpful with suggestions of where to visit and dine. We will return!

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleischmanns
Cold Spring Lodge
#1 of 3 in Fleischmanns
Margaretville Suites on Main
Margaretville Suites on Main
#1 of 1 in Margaretville

Been to Breezy Hill Inn? Share your experiences!