“Small rooms okay but parking is a problem”

Quality Inn Floral Park
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Floral Park
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The rooms were clean and all of the staff that we interacted with were very courteous. The rooms were definitely small but that was not really a problem for us. The parking is an issue. We stayed for two nights and we were able to park behind the hotel the first night. The second night we thought we were going to have to park on the street but there was one spot left.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharrie B

Reviewed 1 August 2011

The staff members at this location are superb - Josephine, Miranda, Juan and Diane ensure that your stay will be great. They are helpful, friendly, courteous, attentive to guests and kind. They went out of their way to help me during my stay, as I did have some special needs due to recovery from a terrible car accident. The rooms are clean and still relatively new.

I had stayed there last year for a long weekend and my most recent stay was comprised of three weeks. I feel safe, comfortable and at home in this hotel, largely due to the efforts of Josephine, Miranda, Diane and Juan.

One small trifle is the baggage cart - two wheels are in need of repair, but I was still able to maneuver it. However, I was told that the baggage cart was about to be repaired.

If you need a place to stay on Long Island, this is the spot to go to! When I am in the area again, I would unquestionably go back there.

Room Tip: Talk directly with the staff - they are terrific! Tell them what you want and they will do their b...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank JJfromJamestown
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I live directly behind this hotel . I am a long time resident and I am deeply disturbed by the clientele of this Quality Inn. I just discovered a LEVEL 3 SEX OFFENDER IS LIVING THERE (MOLESTED A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL) AND OTHER TRANSIENTS LIVE THERE AS WELL. Apparently, this hotel can't generate enough business as a legitimate hotel and is taking NYS AND NYC SUBSIDY MONEY TO MAKE ENDS MEET. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, IT IS BECOMING A "WELFARE HOTEL".

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank KEEP_KIDS_SAFE
Reviewed 1 June 2011

The service at this hotel was terrible! My husband and I stayed here for a wedding in May. We left a bag of valuable jewelry in the hotel and called when we got home to report the missing items. They told us that the cleaning service did not find anything in the room. After dealing with the manager for several days and getting nowhere we told them we would have to take the appropriate action to get to the bottom of the problem. They told us to "do what we had to do." NICE SERVICE!!! We would never stay here again. If you do stay here make sure to keep a close eye on your valuables or you might not see them ever again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jova1017
Reviewed 7 April 2011

2-7-11
HOTEL:
Quality Inn
256-15 Jericho Turnpike
Floral Park, NY 11001

Finding a pet-friendly hotel in Queens and Brooklyn was nearly impossible. We found ourselves looking up hotels on the GPS and using that to get phone numbers to call and find out if places accepted small dogs. Finally, we found a Quality Inn that did not take pets, but he told us of one in Floral Park which did. We had to back track about 30 minutes to reach this hotel – but it was more than worth it. The lovely and sweet Miranda checked us in and was very sympathetic to our frustrating evening. We hauled our luggage to the elevator and to the fourth floor to find an amazingly clean room. There was no mini-fridge, but that was okay – I’d rather sacrifice a refrigerator for cleanliness and no bed bugs any day. The pet charge was $25 – but they took pets which was a lifesaver in this situation. In the end (with taxes and pet fee), the total came to $119 – but that was still cheaper than anything in the city – which wouldn’t include city taxes and don’t forget parking charges which tend to start at about $35 a day! I highly recommend this hotel. And the neighborhood was residential and what we considered safe.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MrPish
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This is a small hotel with very nice well kept rooms that can generously be called tiny. Despite the size, they are very attractive and modern. The big downside is the lack of parking on site. During my stay, the couple in an adjacent room left a small dog alone when they left the room during the day. There are few things more irritating than that dog's high pitched whines, but I can't blame the hotel for the behavior of their patrons or their dog. Overall, I would recommend the Quality Inn in Floral Park as long as Fido stays home.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Our room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable, very nicely decorated. The price was right too! We had more luggage with us than we normally schlep, so it was fun deciding where to stow everything during our three-day stop there. The young woman at Reception was always smiling and helpful.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
quality495, Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2010

Dear Guest,

We appriciate your review for the at Quality Inn Floral Park. We are commited to offer excepetional service and comfort to all our guests.I assure our best will be offred every time you stay with us.

Ward Regards,

Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Quality Inn Floral Park? Share your experiences!