“Great Quality Inn”

Quality Inn Floral Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Floral Park
“Great Quality Inn”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

When traveling for work I tend to stay at Choice Hotel properties. This is one of the nicest that I have stayed in. Yes as the other reviews state parking is limited and the rooms are small. However this is one of cleanest hotels with the most well appointed rooms that I have stayed in. I would definitely stay here again if work brought me to this part of Long Island.

Room Tip: Stayed on the second floor street side, had some road noise during rush hour.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Rosco883
vicksingh, General Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Good Morning from the Quality Inn FloralPark.We would like to take this oppourtunity to express our appreciation for your complimentary review of our hotel.

As a General Manager of this hotel, I am extremley appreciative of your recognition.The guys work really hard in ensuring the guest have a good experience,Every Day and Every Stay.

we look forward for your next visit again.

Thank you for your great review.ww sincerely appreciate the feedback.

Have a great day.
Vic Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Went to a wedding in Floral Park, and stayed at the Quality Inn for 2 nights. The room was small but clean. I had to drag my two suitcases up 8 steps to get to the lobby. Each night that I went out I would come back and the lot was full. Only about twelve parking spaces in the parking lot. Very inconvenient. On night I had to park on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and then was pinned in by other cars. Also, two doors down from me the people had a small dog, that woke me up, by barking, every time someone was in the hallway or using the elevator.
The people who worked there were very nice and friendly, but I would never stay there again mainly because of the parking.

Room Tip: If you are just taking cabs this could work for you if you don't care too much about the size of...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
vicksingh, General Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Hi,

We really apologies for your inconvenience,parking available on site is a free parking which is available as per availablity, we do not guarantee parking with your reservation.

We do have muncipal parking available rite acrooss the hotel which is open 24 hours and also there is ample street parking near the hotel.

Regards..
Vic singh

Travellers are raving about these Floral Park hotels

Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed end of Nov. and booked back in Feb. At the time of booking we requested Not to have a room in the basement. We called one week prior and the day before to confirm our request. Upon arrival we were told our room would be in the basement . As we entered the smoke alarm was missing with wires hanging down. The front desk told us this is because the guest prior were smoking in the room and took the smoke alarm down so it wouldn't go off. Our small window faced exhaust pipes from cars in the parking lot. The window was tiny up high and we would never be able to escape if needed. We checked out the next day and paid $25.00 more per night for a hotel near Roosevelt Field with a complete hot breakfast, huge massive room, lots of parking and a smoke alarm ! It was worth it !!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DGKCalgary
Osceola, Indiana
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I lived in Floral Park for 35 years and was looking forward to my visit.
I arrived at 2:30pm and explained to the counter person that I had a reservation, she acknowledged it but stated I was there too early for my reservation. I explained that I am familiar with the town and could find something to keep me busy.
I returned at 3pm and she processed my reservation. One of the questions I asked was if they had another entrance since the front entrance is up a flight of stairs. She told me there was a back entrance. I asked if I needed my room key to use it and she kind of gave me a strange response stating in disbelief "that is a room key". Then as I was leaving she said "Wait, did you give me fake id?".
I made my way up the elevator and when I arrived on my floor, I looked left and then right looking for the hallway, the hotel is so small and so are the hallways. I got to my room and opened the door and the room was small. Other than the bathroom, if it is 10x10 or 12x12, that's it. My room was also facing Jericho Trpk (Jamaica Ave) and the sound of the road echoed in my room.
I went out that evening and on my return, all the parking spaces were taken (10 or 15 spots?). While it is not a bad neighborhood, it is an area that you can have the bad element pass through. There is municipal parking across the street and behind the buildings but I'm not sure what the rules are. Floral Park has a rule about not parking on the street from 3am to 5am. I parked at a meter a block away and took my chances that I would be up early enough that I would not get a ticket.
Despite the negatives, It is what it is. The bed was comfortable, the shower was fine and the hotel served it's purpose. I did not have the free breakfast so I cannot comment on it. Over all, I think it is overpriced. I travel back and forth to New York each year and have stayed in better places for less money. (LaQuinta in Commack was great!)

Room Tip: Based on other reviews including my own, I would try to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor towards t...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BaseballTravelerNY
vicksingh, Owner at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
HI,
we are really sorry for any inconvinence cause to you during your stay with us.we are in the process ofresolving the parking issue.
As per pricing it fluctuates on day to day basis, we try giving the guest Best Available Rate by keeping our competitors in mind...
Westbury, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I am one of the many people affected by Hurricane Sandy. I looked for a hotel for about 3 hours with no success. I was finally able to get a room in the Quality Inn in Floral Park, I was so happy because I was finally able to get a good, warm, night sleep and shower with hot water. I paid almost $200 on a weekday, which I thought it was a lot of money, but given how desperate I was, I was willing to do it, obviously with the hope that $200 would pay for something relatively decent. When I got there, I could not find parking, so I had to park 2 blocks away from the hotel. The front desk staff was very nice, they checked me up quick. When I got to the elevator I noticed my room was on the basement floor... not good. I got to the room and it was TINY! it had the basic necesities, the channels were horrible. It was clean but the whole basement smell of nothing but Lysol. It was so intense the smell that i got a headache from it! What makes me upset the most, is that given that we as long islanders are in such dire situation, this hotel is just jacking up the prices without regard of our desperation. If it wasn't because I had nowhere else to go, I would had stormed out of there when I saw they put me in a basement room, yet they charged that much for a weekday night. So dissapointing

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
vicksingh, Owner at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear yurycka,

We are so sorry that you were underwhelmed with your stay at Quality Inn! During the hurricane, we were actually offering lower-than-normal rates to better accommodate our community members and emergency workers coming in from out of town, so it is surprising to hear that you were unsatisfied with the room rate. Some rooms on our upper floors were out of order due to hurricane damage and therefore we had to fill our rooms on lower levels. Next time you stay with us though, be sure to request a room on a higher floor and we will certainly do our best to accommodate!!

We hope that you and your family are recovering from the storm(s) safely!!
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Clearly, this is not a luxury hotel. However, besides the extremely small room size, there wasnt anything wrong with my stay. Things were clean, and it had everything I needed. Good on a budget. I would stay there again in a pinch.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Melissa B,

Thanks for your response! We are so happy to hear that you felt well-accommodated at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and we were disgusted by the ANTS that was in our room. We let the front desk know and they apologized but thet didn't have other rooms available I DON"T APPRECIATE SLEEPING WITH ANTS DON"T STAY THERE!!!!!!!! I usually stay at the Comfort inn thought i try something my family and I was and still very upset being that we didn't received any money back again I say if you ever in NY please pick another hotel to stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
vicksingh, Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear jajaw w,

We are so sorry you had this experience at our hotel! Since your last visit, we have done some serious maintenance work and deep-cleaned the entire hotel, so we would love for you to come check us out again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Floral Park
Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Hampton Inn Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Quality Inn Floral Park? Share your experiences!