“Awful”

Quality Inn Floral Park
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Floral Park
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was, by far, the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. We were in town for a funeral and stayed one night. I would never stay there again. As other reviewers have stated, the parking is non-existant. That was aggravating. Our room was on the first floor. All night long we listened to the front door being opened and closed. There is no insulation in the walls or doors and we could hear the conversations of the other customers and front hotel staff. All night long! We were in the back of the hotel so the traffic noise was not terrible. And when we finally were able to sleep, we were awakened by the staff setting up the breakfast at 5:30am. Also, I've never, ever seen rooms this small. I'm glad we didn't need to iron because I honestly don't see how there is room to set up an ironing board. The ONLY good thing I can say about this hotel is that the shower was hot and strong.

Room Tip: If you stay - definitely try to get a room on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor on the parking lot side (I h...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Floral Park

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed here for several weeks in September 2012 with my wife and mother-in-law. We liked our stay at the Quality Inn. The rooms were fine; a bit small but well appointed. The biggest hassle, as others have noted, is the limited parking.

The best thing about the hotel, however, was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful, especially Ekta at the front desk; her ready smile and cheerful demeanor really brightened our days.

I would definitely recommend the place, and will stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2013

When traveling for work I tend to stay at Choice Hotel properties. This is one of the nicest that I have stayed in. Yes as the other reviews state parking is limited and the rooms are small. However this is one of cleanest hotels with the most well appointed rooms that I have stayed in. I would definitely stay here again if work brought me to this part of Long Island.

Room Tip: Stayed on the second floor street side, had some road noise during rush hour.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Rosco883
vicksingh, General Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Good Morning from the Quality Inn FloralPark.We would like to take this oppourtunity to express our appreciation for your complimentary review of our hotel.

As a General Manager of this hotel, I am extremley appreciative of your recognition.The guys work really hard in ensuring the guest have a good experience,Every Day and Every Stay.

we look forward for your next visit again.

Thank you for your great review.ww sincerely appreciate the feedback.

Have a great day.
Vic Singh

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Went to a wedding in Floral Park, and stayed at the Quality Inn for 2 nights. The room was small but clean. I had to drag my two suitcases up 8 steps to get to the lobby. Each night that I went out I would come back and the lot was full. Only about twelve parking spaces in the parking lot. Very inconvenient. On night I had to park on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and then was pinned in by other cars. Also, two doors down from me the people had a small dog, that woke me up, by barking, every time someone was in the hallway or using the elevator.
The people who worked there were very nice and friendly, but I would never stay there again mainly because of the parking.

Room Tip: If you are just taking cabs this could work for you if you don't care too much about the size of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
vicksingh, General Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Hi,

We really apologies for your inconvenience,parking available on site is a free parking which is available as per availablity, we do not guarantee parking with your reservation.

We do have muncipal parking available rite acrooss the hotel which is open 24 hours and also there is ample street parking near the hotel.

Regards..
Vic singh

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed end of Nov. and booked back in Feb. At the time of booking we requested Not to have a room in the basement. We called one week prior and the day before to confirm our request. Upon arrival we were told our room would be in the basement . As we entered the smoke alarm was missing with wires hanging down. The front desk told us this is because the guest prior were smoking in the room and took the smoke alarm down so it wouldn't go off. Our small window faced exhaust pipes from cars in the parking lot. The window was tiny up high and we would never be able to escape if needed. We checked out the next day and paid $25.00 more per night for a hotel near Roosevelt Field with a complete hot breakfast, huge massive room, lots of parking and a smoke alarm ! It was worth it !!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DGKCalgary
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I lived in Floral Park for 35 years and was looking forward to my visit.
I arrived at 2:30pm and explained to the counter person that I had a reservation, she acknowledged it but stated I was there too early for my reservation. I explained that I am familiar with the town and could find something to keep me busy.
I returned at 3pm and she processed my reservation. One of the questions I asked was if they had another entrance since the front entrance is up a flight of stairs. She told me there was a back entrance. I asked if I needed my room key to use it and she kind of gave me a strange response stating in disbelief "that is a room key". Then as I was leaving she said "Wait, did you give me fake id?".
I made my way up the elevator and when I arrived on my floor, I looked left and then right looking for the hallway, the hotel is so small and so are the hallways. I got to my room and opened the door and the room was small. Other than the bathroom, if it is 10x10 or 12x12, that's it. My room was also facing Jericho Trpk (Jamaica Ave) and the sound of the road echoed in my room.
I went out that evening and on my return, all the parking spaces were taken (10 or 15 spots?). While it is not a bad neighborhood, it is an area that you can have the bad element pass through. There is municipal parking across the street and behind the buildings but I'm not sure what the rules are. Floral Park has a rule about not parking on the street from 3am to 5am. I parked at a meter a block away and took my chances that I would be up early enough that I would not get a ticket.
Despite the negatives, It is what it is. The bed was comfortable, the shower was fine and the hotel served it's purpose. I did not have the free breakfast so I cannot comment on it. Over all, I think it is overpriced. I travel back and forth to New York each year and have stayed in better places for less money. (LaQuinta in Commack was great!)

Room Tip: Based on other reviews including my own, I would try to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor towards t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BaseballTravelerNY
vicksingh, Owner at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

HI,
we are really sorry for any inconvinence cause to you during your stay with us.we are in the process ofresolving the parking issue.
As per pricing it fluctuates on day to day basis, we try giving the guest Best Available Rate by keeping our competitors in mind...

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I am one of the many people affected by Hurricane Sandy. I looked for a hotel for about 3 hours with no success. I was finally able to get a room in the Quality Inn in Floral Park, I was so happy because I was finally able to get a good, warm, night sleep and shower with hot water. I paid almost $200 on a weekday, which I thought it was a lot of money, but given how desperate I was, I was willing to do it, obviously with the hope that $200 would pay for something relatively decent. When I got there, I could not find parking, so I had to park 2 blocks away from the hotel. The front desk staff was very nice, they checked me up quick. When I got to the elevator I noticed my room was on the basement floor... not good. I got to the room and it was TINY! it had the basic necesities, the channels were horrible. It was clean but the whole basement smell of nothing but Lysol. It was so intense the smell that i got a headache from it! What makes me upset the most, is that given that we as long islanders are in such dire situation, this hotel is just jacking up the prices without regard of our desperation. If it wasn't because I had nowhere else to go, I would had stormed out of there when I saw they put me in a basement room, yet they charged that much for a weekday night. So dissapointing

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
vicksingh, Owner at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear yurycka,

We are so sorry that you were underwhelmed with your stay at Quality Inn! During the hurricane, we were actually offering lower-than-normal rates to better accommodate our community members and emergency workers coming in from out of town, so it is surprising to hear that you were unsatisfied with the room rate. Some rooms on our upper floors were out of order due to hurricane damage and therefore we had to fill our rooms on lower levels. Next time you stay with us though, be sure to request a room on a higher floor and we will certainly do our best to accommodate!!

We hope that you and your family are recovering from the storm(s) safely!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Floral Park
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Quality Inn Floral Park? Share your experiences!