“C Rooms for 'Cellar'”

Quality Inn Floral Park
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Floral Park
Reviewed 31 August 2013

A fellow NYorker who knows this area, so this hotel worked best for me vs being in Manhattan.
I've had my share of hotel rooms-travel a lot on business. Experience worse than this Quality Inn...
1. Parking limited to nine spots, count them myself..1st come 1st serve or you park on the curb/neighborhood streets
2. Entrance stairs have to haul your luggage to enter the main door
3. In room...very small room, busted deadbolt lock..In 1st site, when I checked in the room there was a condom wrapper side line on floor close to bed. Good to know people are using protection!
4. Water pressure on the low side. Been to impoverished countries and the water pressure was way better than this
5. Breakfast decent, good start to your day..coffee, orange juice, yogurt, bagel, microwave, toaster in the lobby ONLY etc.
Overall, get what you pay for, remote location on Jericho Turnpike. Try staying at a central NYC hotel and pay 3 x as much...Thanks!

Room Tip: C rooms are cellar/basement rooms. They seemed to offer them 1st and pretend other rooms are booked...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lambna

Reviewed 23 August 2013

book with them direct.It helps all to have a great stay.can work with you on details & DEALS .
Pet Friendly.check in was fast.the room was clean.great flat screen tv / good movie channels. camera parking. smoke free rms.
I was happy with my stay. will be back in 2 weeks and will stay here again.
they also let me have late check out to 1pm.

Room Tip: call and book with them direct.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The staff was really helpful, breakfast served was nice, rooms equally good and maintained. was new to the area and staff really helped me to go to various spots. clean bathroom too. the bathroom was also clean and the accessories provided were of good quality. must recommend for everyone around that area as its totally worth the money

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2013

the staff and service was excellent. food was pretty good, room were large and very nicely organised and clean. would recommend it to everyone i know, totally worth the money spent...the swimming pool and fitness centre was also very nicely organised and well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I made my reservation with this hotel through Tingo.com. When booking the room, there was no indication there was a $50 pet fee. While I knew they took pets and that was clearly stated, nothing about a fee was listed. Upon my arrival of which I was from out of town and unfamiliar with the area, upon checking in the person at the front desk (Asha) didn't inform me of the $50 fee until after she completed the entire check in process... While I never mind paying a pet fee, I wasn't paying $50 for my dog who would have been in the room only a few hours. She is elderly (15 yrs old) and by no means going to do any damage. She's also a certified Therapy dog and more behaved than most people. I was not happy about the $50 and decided I was just going to cancel my stay. Since it was before 3:00 I knew I wouldn't get assessed a fee as I was within hotel policy. So I have 2 complaints. The first one being why didn't their website inform me of the $50 pet fee? The whole point of making a reservation on line is to avoid having to call, one would think they would list ALL fee's so consumers are aware. The 2nd complaint and this is my biggest one of all. As a owner of a business, one would think to keep my business and sustain it they would have either waived the pet fee or reduced it in half. Instead they let me walk out the door, loosing the sale, Tingo loosing the sale and giving Quality Inn a bad name. I've never stayed at a Quality Inn and I travel a lot. This experience along with fighting for 3 days to get my refund back has put a very bad taste in my mouth. I went to another hotel down the street who ended up being nicer and didn't charge me anything for my dog. Thank you for looking into this complaint.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
vicksingh, General Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Good evening from Quality Inn Floral Park.

Our goal is to deliver great service, we value your feedback.

If anytime your in the area and would like to stay with us, kindly email us at gm.ny495@choicehotels.com, we make sure that we give you the best available rate.

Sincerely..
Vic Singh

Reviewed 19 April 2013

The room is a large closet. Clean bathroom ....tight parking, staff is not knowledgable of their policy with expedia.com managment was rude like it was my fault, I complained to Expedia that this hotel should not be part of their offerings. They do have a light breakfast. Not far from the highway to Kennedy or Laguardia Airports, no more than a nite, good chinese food down the block and supermarket next block. This hotel is off the bus line into central Queens and major hubs, I will not be back based on my experience with checkout and double billing.

Room Tip: Rear of Hotel facing parking lot
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
vicksingh, Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Good evening from the Quality Inn Floral Park.

We would like to thank you for your review.

we would like to inform that the reservation was made through expedia,so the hotel doesnt have to do anyhting with your credit card as was explained to you by us during our conversation at the hotel.

We only take a imprint of your credit card for incidentals but dont take a penny from the account till the time you dont damage anything or smoke in the room or incur any incidentals above and over the room charge.

Parking is first come first serve we do not guarantee parking in our premises.we do have muncipal parking rite across the hotel which is open 24hours.

we understand your upset and apologies but these are the factors beyond our control.
Hope you have a nice day.
sincerely..
Vic Singh.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was, by far, the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. We were in town for a funeral and stayed one night. I would never stay there again. As other reviewers have stated, the parking is non-existant. That was aggravating. Our room was on the first floor. All night long we listened to the front door being opened and closed. There is no insulation in the walls or doors and we could hear the conversations of the other customers and front hotel staff. All night long! We were in the back of the hotel so the traffic noise was not terrible. And when we finally were able to sleep, we were awakened by the staff setting up the breakfast at 5:30am. Also, I've never, ever seen rooms this small. I'm glad we didn't need to iron because I honestly don't see how there is room to set up an ironing board. The ONLY good thing I can say about this hotel is that the shower was hot and strong.

Room Tip: If you stay - definitely try to get a room on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor on the parking lot side (I h...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Quality Inn Floral Park? Share your experiences!