“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Floral Park
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was wary of booking here because of the awful reviews, but most of the competitors in the area were sold out. I was pleasantly surprised with a good stay in a very clean room. The parking lot is small, but it isn't too hard to find street parking - the surrounding neighborhood is well-kept single-family homes, not big city buildings. I should point out that this hotel is located in an urban area and consequently less spacious than a typical Quality Inn location - small rooms, limited on-site parking, no pool, etc. I think many of the bad reviews were from people who expected the amenities of a suburban or rural highway-ramp hotel - as long as you know what to expect, your experience should be fine.

Room Tip: The rear of the building is probably quieter. The front is on a busy road, and there is a residenti...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
FloralParkQI_Manager, Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We are delighted by your review Phil A! We do try our best to offer all of the amenities our guests need in the limited space that we have to work with in NYC. Our staff takes pride in providing cleanliness and comfort, and we are happy to add you to our long list of happy customers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Denham Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the Belmont. The location was great and about as close as you can get. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was decent and started early enough that we could enjoy it. Our room was on the same floor as the lobby. We opened the door and just laughed because it was SO small!! In order to walk on the side of the bed you had to almost turn sideways. The walls were SUPER thin and I would hear my neighbor sneeze. And you could hear the people at the lobby. The flood light from the parking lot (super small as well) shown in the room so bright that at night I woke up and thought it was morning. The best thing about the stay was the location and the customer service.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you Elise T for reviewing Quality Inn Floral Park! We love our central location but unfortunately we do have to trade-off on space in this urban area. We are happy to hear that our staff made your stay wonderful and we hope that you enjoyed all of our amenities despite the small room size. We look forward to having you back next year!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel had about ten steps to ascend before you get tothe lobby. There was an elevator shaft but no evelator to bring you up from the street. I was given a single queen room in the basement. It was small and appeared to be clean. On the second night I noticed ants in the during night. Breakfast was ok. There was cereal, fruit, hard boiled eggs and sweet pastries in the very small breakfast area. There was one vending machine for soda and snacks but it was not accepting $1.00 bills and the lobby staff had no coins for change. I am giving an average becasue it was in a nice area and close to family and friends in Queens, NY.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the basement. They may be better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Catalanva
Thank you for your feedback! We will use the comments you provided to improve our services for future guests. Our handicapped elevator is being serviced, and we will have it replaced very shortly. We hope that you will stay with us again so we can provide you with a better room and superior experience.
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a hotel that caters to its guests goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. My family had an extended stay there and they really tried to make us as comfortable as possible. The staff especially the house keepers maintain a level of cleanliness that was amazing. Also the front desk goes out of their way to help you in any way they can. The beds are comfortable and plenty of pillows. The managers always were respectful and friendly. They really extended themselves to us. So if you need a good, clean comfortable hotel stay here.

Room Tip: If parking lot is full there is plenty of safe street parking
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathy209
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your family at the Quality Inn Floral Park. Our entire staff works very hard to make sure that all of our guests are comfortable and your comments serve as encouragement for all us to keep working hard.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Quality Inn in Floral Park was the only hotel/motel that would accommodate two rooms for my husband and me over the 5/17 - 5/18 weekend so that we could attend our daughter's college graduation. We simply waited too late to book. After a very long, tiring day, I couldn't wait to fall into bed and sleep. However, I noticed there were no pillow cases on the pillows in both rooms, so I called the evening manager. He apologized about the pillow cases saying that the motel was booked solid over the weekend and he had run out of them. He said he would work on getting them for me. As I waited for him to arrive, I pulled the bedding down and discovered ants crawling on the fitted sheet covering the mattress. When he appeared at the door, I told him that I couldn't stay in the room because of the ants. He said he had never heard of anyone complaining of ants in the room, but he said he believed me. That was it for me. I traveled a few towns over and stayed with my daughter in her off campus apartment. My husband decided to brave it but said he didn't sleep a wink because the breakfast room TV, which is right outside of all of the first floor rooms, was on all night. He said it was so loud, it was as if the TV in his room were on. I think that is an extremely rude thing to do to your guests. I saw other reviews that complained about the smallness of the rooms and the tight parking, but these are things that cannot be remedied and honestly don't bother me. However, ant infestation, lack of pillow cases and keeping the TV on all night are items that can be and should be easily remedied.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
FloralParkQI_Manager, Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Laurie S, Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We value your feedback and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that these problems do not arise again. We would have been happy to turn off the TV volume if your husband had informed us of his discomfort. To address your other concerns we have ordered more linens so we do not have to depend on our laundry vendor and we have professionally cleaned your guest room from this one-time occurrence. We strive to provide 100% satisfaction to all of our guests.

Travellers are raving about these Floral Park hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Horrible place!!! First had to change our room, as the shower & toilet did not work in the first room they gave us, room#309. Then the second room, the bathroom worked, but did not sleep a wink. The other guests in the rooms next to ours, were so NOISY, we could not sleep at all. They were talking in the hallway, running back and forth between rooms, calling out names....IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!! COULD NOT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THERE!!!
Then to boot, I get a call from my credit card company, a couple of days later, that someone was trying to use my credit card to make purchases online!!! This was the only place where the card could have been compromised, as I never use it!!! SO BEWARE, if you ever stay at this place!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank deelucky1
Dear deelucky1, We sincerely apologize for the behavior of your neighbors during your stay with us! Next time please let us know if anything is disturbing you while you are with us so we can do our best to accommodate your needs. We are 100% PCI compliant, so we guarantee that your card was not comprised at our hotel. If there are any certificates or letters you need from us to show your bank or credit card company, we would be happy to provide them. We hope you visit us again so we have a chance to provide you with a better stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2014

stayed in this hotel for few nights, it was my worst experience living there, they have tv no remote control, the rooms are very noisy due the main road, bath tab is damaged, rooms are dark like jail, staff are not friendly and also one of them promise something and the other one denies, breakfast is very simple and with no options. never stay in this hotel if you don't want your vacation to be ruined.........

Room Tip: No options.... be careful
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
FloralParkQI_Manager, Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Felani D,

I am so sorry to hear that you experienced these difficulties during your stay! I have shared your comments with our staff and we will figure out where any communication was dropped. Our daily complimentary breakfast includes bagels, pastries, muffins, toast, yogurt, oatmeal, boiled eggs, cereals, 2 fresh fruits, juices, milk, tea and coffee. If that is not enough we are happy to provide local restaurants which may better suit your needs. The comments you mentioned are very uncharacteristic of our hotel so I hope you will give us another chance to win your business! We look forward to WOW-ing you the next time you stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Floral Park
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Queens Gold Coast

Been to Quality Inn Floral Park? Share your experiences!