“Visit”

Quality Inn Floral Park
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Floral Park
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Quality Inn at Floral Park is excellent. The rooms are small and the breakfast area is small but they both have everything needed. The WiFi is excellent and all of the clerks I have met are polite and friendly. The only clerk I know the name of is Amit who is extremely friendly but I didn't meet an unfriendly clerk.

The free breakfast has the same items as more expensive hotels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel gives good value. The staff are courteous and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The location is great - walking distance to grocery store and CVS,Starbucks and Subway. 5 minute walk to LIRR. Breakfast okay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LaraineVH
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This motel is quite convenient and seems well maintained. We had one complaint which was that the selection of television channels was very poor. The listed cable stations were not available at all. The few that there were came in poorly for the most part. The WIFI was not working properly. Supposedly Verizon was coming to repair things but in our stay of 6 days, 5 nights that did not happen.
The staff is quite pleasant, rooms are clean as are the linens. The breakfast buffet is very nice as well. All in all, a nice place to spend a few days. It would be better if the WIFI and cable TV were working properly and had a better TV selection.

Room Tip: Belmont Park Racetrack is nearby. Public transportation is very good. Restaurants are quite good a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had high hopes for this hotel, but I won't return.

Issue 1. Parking. The hotel has a small parking lot, and what becomes a free for all parking fest in the front. No organization, no management. The manager had to wake up a woman to move her car so I could get my car out. If your going to stay here, park on surface streets if the lot is full. Bellerose/Floral Park is a nice part of LI.

Issue 2: Jericho Turnpike is a major 24 hour road. All night long, trucks and cars driving by, very loud. I was unfortunate to have a room facing the road.

Issue 3: Wifi DOES NOT work on the C level. (I had room C9)

Issue 4: The bed felt more like an Econolodge than a Quality Inn.

Issue 5: TV didn't get local channels.

I will however say the following good things:

Breakfast was good and well stocked.

Manager was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Do whatever you have to do to avoid getting a room that faces Jericho Turnpike. WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gprimr1
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was a walk in reservation on Saturday, June 21, 2014. The entire area was sold out & only due to a late cancellation did the Quality Inn have a room available. Upon check in I was told their system was down & in order to check in I would have to pay the entire night in cash right now. Why a manual credit card authorization couldn't be done was not explained. After paying $210 we were given a key to a C level room. The room was standard but acceptable for the night. What was not acceptable was the family of ants traveling from the AC down the wall throughout the night. When reported to the front desk I was reminded there were no other rooms available. I asked the attendant to come to the room, which they did but still said there was little he, Amit, could do. He phoned the manager who told him that should I stay a second night (which was a possibility), that I would receive a discount and be switched to a higher floor. That sounded nice but didn't solve the level of discomfort I was now experiencing because of the ant farm that invaded my room, C3. I asked if anything can be done to this evening's rate and was told it was not possible but to speak to the manager in the morning. I spent the night staring at the wall and killing ants. The next morning I asked to speak with the manager to be told he would not be in today. When I checked out I asked for a receipt and was told that since I checked in when the system was down they could not give me a receipt. I left my name and email address and asked could a receipt be sent via email to which I was told it would be. As of the writing of this review I have yet to receive a receipt. Their poor response to my ant situation and lack of follow through has guaranteed that I will not return to this hotel. Lessons: Don't take a room on the C level, do confirm if their system is up and running and that they can provide an actual receipt of your stay. Quality Inn? I think not!

Room Tip: "C" Level rooms are in the Cellar and pron to Ants! Stay at your own risk.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shaniqua D
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived in Floral Park Quality Inn after 12 hours of travelling. The reception was friendly and the room on the 4th floor when we opened the door, was a revelation. I have stayed in 'Quality' Inns before but none like this one at Floral Park, Long Island. Perhaps it is new, perhaps the staff care more, but this rivaled rooms I have stayed in at far more expensive establishments. The decor was modern, the bathroom sparkling clean with fresh white towels and all necessary toiletries There was even a little note saying if you had forgotten anything to call the front desk too.
The bed was extremely comfortable. The A/C adjustable, brand new wide screen television and a small coffee maker should you wish to have an extra coffee at any time. The continental breakfast served on the reception floor was well stocked with fresh croissants and mini danish pastries, an efficient toaster and a selection of preserves, honey, yogurts, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs and the usual coffee, tea, chocolate and Tropicana orange juice.
The front desk also recommended an excellent nearby restaurant,' Nancy's',
When we had to leave we requested a taxi and within 10 minutes we were called to say the taxi had arrived. In addition to all this, if you are travelling with your pets, Pets ARE welcome for a small charge at the Floral Park Quality Inn. This hotel is Top Quality, deserving of the 5 stars

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JaneNevis80
FloralParkQI_Manager, Manager at Quality Inn Floral Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your delightful and detailed 5-star review of Quality Inn Floral Park! Since you are a frequent TripAdvisor contributor, fellow travelers know they can trust your opinion. We love to provide the best in amenities, service, and cleanliness to all of our guests (and their pets!) so we are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked two rooms on a Monday June 16, 2014 before my family was to arrive on that Thursday June 19, 2014 for a funeral service for a family member. The reservation was confirmed with the hotel manager on duty twice regarding a late check-in. He stated there would be no problem, Upon my relatives arriving at the hotel from a 9 hour ride to get here, the same manager stated that he only had a 1 night stay and a single occupancy available, which he booked me for double occupancy prior to their arrival. This manager then decided to switch my relatives to the Comfort Inn down the block in the town of Bellrose and instructed them that he spoke with the manager at that location and that they would be accommodated for double occupancy for both nights stay Once my relatives arrived to the Comfort Inn they where told that they only had single occupancy available and that there was no reservation for any of them. The time was then 1 o'clock AM and that manager on duty at the Comfort Inn in Bellrose was adamant about not having a reservation and would not accommodate my relatives who had just traveled 9 hours from Michigan. This was very disturbing. I reside in the community of Bellrose/ Floral Park Village and on several occasions I've utilized these Hotel services for other family events. Thanks to the Floral Park Inn, my relatives were accommodated at the last minute and were able to find comfort during our time of bereavement.

Room Tip: Will not recommend
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Queens Village
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Quality Inn Floral Park? Share your experiences!