• Located in the village of Floral Park, New York... the motel is literally across the street from New York City's borough of Queens, (the section of the latter which is confusingly called Floral Park, Queens.)
• We felt safe in this neighborhood.
• Automobile access is convenient via the Cross Island Parkway.
• Also, although the noise is NOT overbearing, the area is underneath a flightpath to New York's JFK Airport. We heard a number of planes fly over — but NO... not to the degree that the building shook or anything close to that!
• We were on the third floor and experienced a quiet stay as for street noise.
• For being in the NYC Metro area, the price was very good.
• TIP before you book: I got a better rate by calling the motel than was offered online!
• Our room looked well-kept overall. Smelled fresh! Absolutely no worries about bugs/critters.
• Television — a very adequate flat-screen with working remote and proper channel guide.
• But cleaning-to-the-corners did not appear consistent. Furniture was adequate but the table, although clean and polished, had seen better days (scratched up). Some of the fabric was 'old-stained' — obviously well-cleaned but discolored.
• The fully tiled modern bath was nicer than anticipated, appearing relatively new.
One added feature that I really liked in the bathroom was the ceramic corner shelves at the vanity and in the shower. Also, nicely stocked toiletries.
• Although fully functional and clean, the vanity spigot was loose and there was space between the tub/shower spigots and the wall. Room in the shower felt a bit constricted. (Note the management to solve this: Next remodel, used curved shower curtain bars.)
The bathroom sent a mixed message — high quality materials (beyond expectations!) but poor build standard.
• Nothing fancy, the breakfast was very adequate.
• A real plus to have a staff attendant present.
• Excellent personable service during telephone reservations and check-in. Otherwise, very good with no problems.
• Functional business center with Internet access and free printing.
• However, having been out the night before past midnight, we tried sleeping in and that didn't work too well due to noise in the hallway. Then again, it's good to know that the vacuum cleaners are running!
Would I stay here again? For the price I received, YES — without hesitation!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Floral Park Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Floral Park Motor Hotel Floral Park
- Floral Park Motel
- Floral Park Hotel
- Floral Park Motor Lodge New York