My husband and I just returned from a trip to NYC, and we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. We chose it because of its proximity to Shea Stadium (we are Mets fans) and the relatively low price. It is certainly not fancy, but it is sufficient as a home base/place to sleep. We arrived at about 12pm and were allowed to check in right away. Our room was clean. Based on other reviews, we were expecting a tiny room like the ones we've stayed in while in London, but our room was a decent size. The only complaint I would have about the room would be that there was only one full size bed, but that was ok for us and it was actually fairly comfortable. We didn't hear any traffic noise at night, but you will hear planes flying into and out of nearby La Guardia. Breakfast was good, loved the fact that they have a waffle maker. The only bad thing was the very narrow room.
We thought the location was very convenient, and we did not feel unsafe at all, even at night. However, I think anywhere in a city a woman should probably not walk by herself at night. But honestly, I'd have felt less safe in Manhattan at night. The hotel is in Flushing's Chinatown, which is the largest Chinatown in the world (outside of China, of course). You won't be hard pressed to find great Chinese food nearby, that's for sure. The Flushing-Main St subway stop is only a short walk away, and on weekdays you can take the Express train into Manhattan which saves a lot of time.
Overall, we were pleased with the hotel. If you're looking for luxury, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for a clean and comfortable place to sleep after you go out and explore during the day, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prince Flushing Hotel is 3 miles from La Guardia Airport and 1,600 feet from Main Street subway station. Guests at the Prince Flushing Hotel can enjoy a flat-screen TV with cable channels and WiFi in every room. Free weekday newspapers and coffee makers are also provided. A continental breakfast and coffee are offered in the lobby. Queens Botanical Garden is 1.2 miles from the property while the Queens Zoo is 2.3 miles away. Yankee Stadium is 10.6 miles from this property, and New York City is 14.4 miles away. This property is also rated for the best value in Queens! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Prince Flushing Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Flushing Hotel Flushing
- Flushing Comfort Inn
- Prince Flushing Hotel New York