“Excellent Hotel , Wonderful Staff”

Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Hotel , Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I chose the hotel firstly because of the money, very reasonable and it was new however it turned out to be such a wonderfull stay as the staff were out of this world. Mr Mohammed , the supervisor was very accomodating . The breakfast is Excellent, nice clean and friendly atmosphere. The rooms were nice also and clean. When my family left, we felt sad as if we were leaving home. Keep up the good work there!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Maxine J
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Maxine J, thank you for leaving a spectacular review, and thank you for choosing to say with us. We're happy to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay at our hotel!

From reading your review, we're thrilled to hear how much you loved our staff and accommodations. We're fortunate to have a group of hardworking and dedicated individuals who work hard to make sure our guests are taken care of- from a delicious breakfast to a clean and comfortable room! Thank you for your kind words, and we'll be sure to pass them along to our team.

Thank you for leaving a kind review. We really appreciate when guests take time out of their day to leave a thoughtful review. Know that a gesture like this does not go unnoticed.

If you ever need anything during a future stay with us, please let us know.

Thank you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed in the hotel 06/27-07/02/14.
Please be advised that this hotel is in an all ASIAN community. I was not aware of that upon booking , nevertheless I thought I would advise you in advance.

Transportation: The hotel does provide a shuttle to/from the airport and within a 2 mile radius.
Location: This hotel is in a very bad neighborhood. The shuttle driver advised us to be careful if walking @ night. The hotel is a block away from a large community of government housing. I am use to staying in the city and I chose the hotel because it was new and the rate was great, however if I knew it was in this type of neighborhood, I would have just paid the extra money and stayed in the city. Also I read in a previous review that it was just a hop, skip and a jump to get into the city on the train and that is a lie. This hotel is several stops (more than 5) away from the city. Please be prepared to stand up on the subway and plan to leave at least an hour before the time you want to be somewhere. The hotel is not ideal if you plan on being in the city unless you want to use the taxi. Each night we took the taxi into the city and it was about 40.00 each way.

Staff: The staff was very attentive to your needs and very friendly.

Appearance of hotel: Everything in the hotel is new. The first room I checked into was very spacious and it came with an awesome view on a higher floor. I believe I was given that room because those 4 days were booked with my Hyatt account. I checked out and missed my flight so I was forced to stay another day and I booked an extra night through priceline. I checked back in and was given a room on the lower level, the room was much smaller and the view was not great at all.

Food: The food from the restaurant onsite was not the greatest. I ate a cheeseburger and my wife ate quesadillas. The burger was a huge patty with no flavor. The burger did not taste like beef @ all. The quesadillas were too cheesy and had absolutely no flavor @ all. The food actually tasted like it was microwaved and not cooked @ all. The breakfast was subpar and every morning the food was gone very early. There was only one flavor of yogurt and the juice options were limited and done upon arrival every morning. The french toast was too hard, eggs were very disgusting, the sausage was cheap and disgusting and there was not wheat bread or cereal options available daily. The syrup for the french toast was watery. There is definitely room for opportunity in regards to the food served @ this hotel.

Bar: Vodka and cran $10/ however the drink was prepared properly each and every time I ordered.

Addtl Cons: The elevators were rather slow, I had my key card replaced more than once, the HDMI feature was not working on the television in both rooms and had to call the engineering department to bring in the remote control to utilize that feature. I was awaken @ 5am due to a fire alarm going off. The alarm went off for 20-30mins and then a few more times afterwards. Please keep in mind that I just fell asleep @ 4am. The hotel did not apologize for the inconvenience, I called down stairs and was just advised to disregard.

Summary: The hotel is nice, but the location is not ideal. I would not stay here again unless it was the last option. The customer service was perfect and the quality of the rooms get a thumbs up as well. The shuttle is very prompt and they provide you a mini bottle upon your arrival to the shuttle.

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a room on a higher floor facing the city. The view is beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank reddandkanedrea
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
reddandkanedrea, we have just read your comments relative to your recent visit to the Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport. We appreciate your candor and fine rating. Thank you for the kind remarks about the staff service and hotel facility! We are sorry you did not enjoy the surrounding area. Many of our patrons visit the area specifically for the diverse culture and authentic ethnic cuisine. We are also sorry you did not enjoy the food service in the hotel. Customer service, quality product and flawless comfort are the hallmarks of our brand and company. When we hear that we are delivering anything less, we take these comments very seriously.

Thank you again for your comments. Frank comments are, in fact, a service to us. Unless we know a problem exists, we cannot react appropriately; more importantly we cannot take steps to improve in the future.

Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to serve you again in the future!
colorado
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We came to NYC to move daughter to Columbia...there are not hotels close by, that are affordable, so took a chance on staying out by airport. I commented each day on what a nice hotel it was. Breakfast was fantastic, though note that operating hours weekday and weekend are different. had trouble with toilet but it was remedied asap, i should have spoken up sooner. Its very close to the metro station and a nearby shopping mall. this is very much an asian neighborhood, so had to hunt a little for non asian and non fast food. no noise issues though we faced the street. I'd love to stay again sometime

Room Tip: stayed on top , 9th floor, nice view from elevator area or can go to roof for an excellent view of t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cgs3377
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
cgs3377, thank you for leaving a review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable experience at our property.

From reading your review, it sounds like you enjoyed your accommodations, especially our breakfast offerings. Starting your day off with a hot and filling breakfast is always a good thing, so we make sure our guests are well taken care of. Thank you for your kind words, and we've gone ahead and passed them along to our team. We're looking forward to your next stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It means a lot when our guests leave a thoughtful and kind review. Know that a gesture like this does not go unnoticed.

If you need anything during a future visit to our location, do not hesitate to reach out.

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Greetings Fellow Travelers,
This was our lodging facility choice for the last leg of our NY trip. My wife & I have stayed in hundreds of hotels over almost three decade period. Therefore, we are keenly aware of the features, environment, location choice, and how that the "staff" can either improve, or ruin a hotel stay for 'better, or worse'.

Location:
This is right in the middle of one of the NYC area China Towns. There are plenty of local ethnic restaurants in pretty much all directions outside this Hyatt Place location. Beware though, some of the (better) Asian dining spots are still adverse to taking credit cards. So, if you are hankering for some really good Asian food, and do not want to lower the pool to choose from, then you will need to have some cash available to cover meals at some restaurants of your choice.

Facility:
Outside, the hotel is presentable, and the inside of this hotel location is in fantastic condition.

Environment:
The interior of the hotel was quiet and has a peaceful feeling. One we entered our assigned room, once the door closes, we could not hear any outside noise the entire night.

Room:
We had a single King room, which was spacious. The room was very clean, including the bathroom, which I have a pet peeve and I am the one who checks it out upon entering any hotel. There is a sitting area with a nice comfortable L shaped couch. I am a tall man, and many times hotel room chairs or couch's are not comfortable. The couch was comfortable enough that if I had been watching a poorly played game of American football, I would have probably fell asleep on it. The King bed is very comfortable, and there are both 'black out blinds', and another interior blind, which between the two blocks all outside light for a good nights sleep.

In Hyatt Place Dining:
We did not eat any evening meal in house during our stay. However, we did have breakfast which for a hotel facility, was absolutely fantastic. All things 'breakfast' were available, including breakfast biscuit sandwiches with Canadian Bacon, Egg, and Cheese. Various types of bagels, cereals (Hot & Cold), juices, and more, more, more. ;-) So, we definitely never left this property hungry in the mornings. If you do, then it is your fault, not the hotels. ;-)

Parking:
This was the only thing that slightly dampened our attitude, and here is why. Everything was terrific with the actual stay. It seems apparent to me that many Americans have lost their ability to make their own choices. Here is my point, I had already planned on utilizing the hotels Valet parking prior to arrival. However, like most red blooded Americans, I certainly did not appreciate the fact I was told "Sir, you have to Valet Park, and you have to leave your keys with us" (From Parking Lot Company that owns the rights to this specific Hyatt's Parking Garage). Not a good, or friendly manner of doing business. However, other than this mandatory extortion, our stay was fantastic, and this is the only reason we give this facility four star, instead of a five star rating.

Room Tip: Make advance/special requests at least 24 in advance, to give the hotel leadership time to prepare...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RGGCLG
RGGCLG, thank you for leaving a spectacular review, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're happy to hear you and your wife had an enjoyable stay at our location.

From reading your review, we're pleased to hear how happy you were with many aspects of your stay with us. It's great your room and accommodations were to your liking. From clean bathrooms to comfortable beds and couches, we work to make sure each guest has a pleasant and comfortable experience with us. We're also very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our breakfast offerings. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so providing our guests with a substantial and filling breakfast is a priority. Thank you for your kind words, and we will also pass along your comment regarding the valet parking to our team.

If you ever need anything during a future stay with us, please let us know.

Delaware
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is my second visit to the Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia. My first visit was when the hotel first opened. The staff, at that time , was obviously new, very helpful and friendly. On this visit the staff was very efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. Great shuttle service to LGA. Shuttle van driver was prompt and courteous. Beautiful hotel, great location, and superior staff!!

Room Tip: Upper floors have a great view of Manhattan and Citi Field.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank GingergirlDelaware
GingergirlDelaware, thank you for writing a wonderful review, and we'd also like to thank you for your continued patronage. We are extremely happy to hear you had another enjoyable experience at our property.

From reading your review, we’re glad to hear that you were happy with our service. We're lucky to have a fantastic group of individuals who make sure ever guest is well taken care of. Thank you for your kind words, and we'll be sure to pass them along to our team.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a thoughtful review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope to see you back again soon
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2014

lst time in NYC area, the staff (day and night crew) especially Vanessa and Jasmine were very friendly and helpful. Jasmine gave us a tour of the place, which was efficient so we knew where all the amenities were. Room was large for a big city hotel, pool was great and well-maintained. There were many families and business people there. The breakfast was a hot breakfast and included many options Asian as well as continental style. Several different types of gym equipment also. 2 blks from subway. Grocery stores nearby, most restaurants did only take cash. Economical for families. It was about a block off the main drag so it was also quiet. Can't say enough about the place and we will stay here again when visiting the Big Apple.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank seaastar
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
seaastar, thank you for writing a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in New York. We are extremely happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your time at our property.

From reading your review, we saw you mentioned the service you received! We’re fortunate to have a great group of people who go above and beyond to make sure all of our guests feel welcomed. We’re happy to hear that Vanessa and Jasmine were particularly helpful, and we will certainly pass your kind words along to them! It’s great to hear that you plan on staying with us again, and we’re looking forward to seeing you!

Thank you, and we hope to see you back again soon
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have not enough words how to express myself what outstanding wonderful ,Hotel this is , I want to start with the super above nature kind, good , special sweet lovely man by the name ''''MOHAMMAD KHAN''' there is just no way how to express on writing what special kind of a good ,smart , warm , devoted man he is ,,And his most beautiful , super special kind of staff that he has ,and they are JENNIFER , JULIE , MICHELLE ,they are such sweet ,over kind lovely good woman , And the 2 lovely man who they work at night at the front desk '''GARY '''JEFFERSON ''' they are also super special nice , good , devoted ,man ..So i am telling to all the people who they have to be in NEW YORK for any reason it may be to please not to miss the chance to stay at this Hotel ,,YOU WILL BE SO SO SO HAPPY FROM YOUR CHECKING IN TO YOUR CHECK OUT !!!!!!!!Israel j apter .Denver Colorado

Room Tip: All the rooms are super good and nice ..
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank israel a
Israel A, thank you for writing a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in New York. We are extremely happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your time at our property.

From reading your review, it sounds like you loved your experience with our staff! We’re thrilled to hear how welcoming they were to you, and we will certainly pass along your comments to our team to give them recognition!

Thank you. We hope to see you back again soon!