“I loved it and I will be back”

Flushing Central Hotel
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This hotel is located in the heart of second Chinatown of New York. Convenient location to shopping and public transportation. Friendly hotel staff. Room is small but very clean. Will be back next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 June 2011

When i arrived, there were tons of garbage in the front of the hotel. And it was so smelly..i think they are waiting for the garbage to be pick up. Unfortunately, we can smell it from our room. Our room was facing the street and when we arrived to our room, the window is open wide.

i made my reservation from third party. I clearly said that i asked for a room with a double bed (queen/king) and not with 2 single bed. I have the confirmation email regarding this. However the receptionist told us that in their computer we asked for a room with twin beds. I don't know whose fault it was. The problem was that he told us that the reservation can't be change free of charge. So if we want to change our room from 2 single beds to 1 double bed, we have to pay extra charge for $10. This is the first time i heard about this. I checked their website and the normal price for queen bed is 139$, king bed is 149$ and 159$ for twins. So we asked to change into lower price room and they asked us to pay more?? unreasonable!!! We refused to do so, not because the amount of money. but it's principal matter. And he was so rude.

the room itself is small with a nice wallpaper and carpet. I could imagine that years ago this will be one sweet room. But too bad it's lack of maintenance.
From a first glance the room seem clean, but if you observe more clearly it is not that clean. you can find a lot of trash/dust/hair, etc in the carpet which shows that it's been long time since they clean or vacuum the carpet. The bed sheet is itchy. The toilet(closed) was sealed as it was recently cleaned, but when u open the lid u can found some removable stained on it. The funniest thing is they have a tip envelope in the room.

Breakfast is terrible. The bread was not fresh.
Bad mattress.

Room Tip: don't go there!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank apiapiaba
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Located in the 2nd China Town in Queens Island. Many restaurants around especially asian cuisine. Walking distance to subway station with only 40 mins to Times Square, Manhattan. The room is small but clean, should avoid bringing big size luggage which may have difficulty to manage in the room.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hui88
Reviewed 18 February 2011

This hotel is literally in the heart of Downtown Flushing which is often called 'the other Chinatown', the first one being in Manhattan. Food is always within walking distance as well as New York City Mass Transit.

The staff was courtesy, they had no problem switching a room for me. The rooms were very small. I upgraded from a singles room to a doubles room and it was still the same size just with an additional bed crammed in.

The hotel is located right by a bus 'rest stop'? [Where bus drivers park and rest] It is so loud in the room, you can hear everyone talking outside, the bus' engines, the cars honking. This hotel is NOT ideal for a well-rested night.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Graciiee
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The room is smaller than expected. I booked Red Roof Inn and Comfort Inn within 2 blocks and my tour guide said Howard Johnson is the best. All of them have small rooms. So I cancel the other reservations. First, I arrived before10am. I checked the bags there. The restaurant the manager recommend is decent for dim sum during weekdays. When I came back, it's only 11:30am, but the guy was nice enough to let me check in early without extra charge. Everything was fine except, this hotel is close to the airport and one block away from the local tours pick up location. In the morning, you will hear people slamming doors around 4am. Unless you have plans in the morning, be prepared to wake up early or ask the manager to see if they can give you a room not too close to those tour people. Free internet and breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank othwyn
Reviewed 27 September 2010

This is one of those gems that are a rare find for the price and location. The rooms are clean and the location is convenient. The staff are excellent and went out of their way to ensure my stay was pleasurable. They even went out in the rain for me to pick up Thai food so I didn't have to get drenched. Thank you for a great stay and I will definitely return on future trips. The only complaint that I could mention is the noisy buses right out front of the hotel, but it is New York :-)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Rooms are fairly tiny, but it's NYC. Not sure what the other folks were expecting...this is not the Mariott or Westin or Sheraton...it's a step lower and should be compared w/ Best Western, Holiday Inn, etc. Rooms are clean. Doors could be quieter. Free wifi and there's a desktop/printer in the lobby you can use. Great chinese food is steps out the door and you're one subway stop from the US Open or Mets.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends