“Fine NYC (Queens) Hotel”

Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Top notch hotel in Queens, near LaGuardia - clean and friendly with big rooms. I might stay here even if my business is in Manhattan if my budget were tight. (free LGA pickup and free internet) It's a few blocks from the 7 subway station to Manhattan and Flushing seems like a pretty exotic place to stay (kind of like being in an Asian city instead of New York)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed here to attend US Open tennis. Very conveniently located and the hotel's shuttle bus was an excellent bonus. Rooms very large by NY standards. Quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was adequate...nothing too exciting. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Would use again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank irishone1
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I booked a room at this hotel using expedia because it was cheaper compared to their prices. I didnt care that i was not getting the free breakfast since I was flying out early in the morning out of laguardia . I can not stand a smokey room and also I had my 2 year old son with me so I made sure it was NON SMOKING . When I checked in they told me it was a non smoking but when I went to the 6 floor it was clearly a smoking floor and a smoking room. I went back down and the front desk agent apologized and gave me another room, this room was also a smoking room. Went back down and complained and the front desk agent (who was rude and very sarcastic named John) told me that since I booked thru expedia I had no choice in the room type I get... I never in my life have I heard that. It was complete BS. So I called expedia and told them of the situation and finally the hotel moved me to one of their suites. I don't understand why they just didn't do that in the beginning instead of wasting my time. I will never stay here again becasuse they do not know how to treat their customers!

Room Tip: If you book from expedia call the hotel to make sure you are getting the room type you want and don...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Daonenonly147
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Booked this hotel due to proximity to the National Tennis Centre for the US Open. It had a free shuttle bus to and from the Park (which is also where CitiField is for the Mets Baseball home games). If you book directly with the hotel you get a free buffet breakfast included. Room was very clean and had microwave/fridge/coffee maker. Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Just a few blocks from Flushing Main St Subway station where the 7 train will take you right into Manhattan. Staff generally very helpful. Would definately recommend to friends.

Room Tip: We Had a room on the East side of the hotel, I think there were only three/four rooms on each floor...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NCoffee
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Marco because we were attending my grandfather's funeral. The service was wonderful. Ed, from consierge, went out of our way to make sure we were comfortable - even before he knew our reason for our visit. We had great assistance with our luggage, a table saved for us at Magna Restaurant (which is fantastic, by the way) so we could eat in-between services.

We had a double room with a HUGE bathroom. Our room had a beautiful view of CitiField. My aunt had a room with a single King bed, and that room was also very nicely appointed. I must also mention that our mattress was one of the most comfortable I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping on in hotel. The sheets were definitely high thread count and the pillows were bouncy.

Best of all, the room was extraordinarily clean. This is the most important thing that I look for when staying at a hotel, and the Marco did not disappoint.

Make sure you book through the hotel directly. We received the best rate this way and also received a great FREE hot, buffet breakfast (for 2 people per room - just go to the front desk and ask for vouchers - we didn't get ours at check-in because we were in a rush and didn't want to wait).

We will back if we decide to go to a concert at CitiField.

Despite the unfortunate reasons for visiting the Marco, the staff, the restaurant and the accommodations ensured we were as comfortable as possible and made dealing with a death in the family easier to navigate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed at the Marco LaGuardia Hotel for our recent trip to the US Open. It is too far from the tennis center to walk, but they have a free shuttle that goes to the US Open every 1/2 hour, or it is only one stop away on the subway. Manhattan is about a 40 minute subway ride away on the 7 train.

The hotel itself was great, with very clean rooms, helpful staff, and free wireless internet access. We also found the hotel to be very quiet. There is a restaurant which has a good breakfast buffet that is not free (although we heard people talking about picking up a coupon for free breakfast from the front desk) but was good. I think if you book directly through their website you can get free breakfast, but when we booked the rates to book from their website were actually more expensive than booking through a third party site.

This is definitely one of the best hotels in Flushing. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I have stayed in this hotel three times. It has very clean, comfortable rooms with free breakfast. The staff is helpful and courteous. It's just a five minute walk to the subway line, so you can easily get to Manhattan. I don't believe you'll find a better hotel at this price in NYC

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple