“Flight stopover”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Bernalillo NM
“Flight stopover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

We recently stopped one night at the Marco because it is convenient to LaGuardia. The Marco is a modern, well-appointed hotel. Check-in was quick and polite. The room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast buffet was more than ample and half the price one would pay at a downtown hotel. A complimentary airport shuttle leaves every 30 minutes. We were just passing through this time but plan to stay at the Marco on future theatre visits to NYC. A 7-line subway station is located nearby and provides a direct ride to Times Square. Why pay mid-town room rates?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I was here for 19 nights on an extended business trip and you really get the feel for a place in that time. I received a warm welcome when I arrived mid evening and I was in the room quickly.
The room itself was very clean and well presented with a comfortable bed, TV, microwave and fridge. There are two bottle of water given on arrival, although they are not replenished on a daily basis after that.
I used the fitness centre, which is small, but adequate and well maintained. The real gem here is the Italian restaurant which is excellent. I ate here most nights and there wasn't a single thing I didn't like. The staff were very friendly too. Look out for Jean and Caesar - excellent service!
The breakfast is free if you book directly with the hotel and it is good. Some people have complained about the lack of variety, but it is fine. There is cereal, oatmeal, french toast, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and some fruit, toast and bagels too. I'm not quite sure what some people are expecting in this category of hotel.
It's about 30 mins on the subway into Manhattan, so completely fine for getting around NY.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

After spending all week on business in NYC I arrived at JFK 3 hours early on Friday afternoon. 5 hours later my flight was canceled due to mechanical reasons. No other options to get home to Nashville until the next day (Saturday). I had to change from JFK to LGA and Delta booked me at the Marco LaGuardia. Delta could not locate my bags but promised they would beat me home:(. When I arrived I needed a few things and I was already very frustrated. The gentleman at the desk - Angelo, went out of his way to take care of me. He arrayed the driver to pick me up, find a store open late, and put me in a beautiful room. Great hotel, great staff. Will stay there again on my dime the next time!! Restaurant and bar is also great!

Room Tip: Talk to Angelo!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Paoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

The hotel is clean and comfortable with very good sized rooms and bathrooms. From what I've seen it's the nicest hotel in the Flushing area, although I haven't actually stayed at all of them.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here last Friday night after returning to New York from Washington DC for our flight back home to Thailand. Even though we were flying out of JFK and not LaGuardia, the places near JFK didn't seem good, and the Marco came recommended. We were not disappointed. Staff were friendly and efficient. They arranged a private car to take us to JFK the next morning; that cost $40 (plus tip), only slightly more than a taxi would have cost and worth it (for us) for the timely and efficient service.

The hotel is in New York's real Chinatown if you want to see that. Forget that tourist-trap "Chinatown" in Manhattan. The breakfast buffet in the morning was good. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, and that seemed rather common, as we observed other check-ins receiving similar upgrades (cross your fingers). The room was spotlessly clean, and the bed was the best we'd slept in during this trip, and we'd slept in some pretty good ones. Check-in time is a little late at 3pm; we arrived about an hour before that and really needed to get into Manhattan as soon as possible to take care of some business but were allowed to check in and leave our bags there until we came back and picked up our room keys late that night.

The subway is only 4-1/2 short blocks away, not a bad walk, and it's on the tail end of the 7 line, which takes you straight to Times Square in Manhattan (35 minutes on a regular train). But we still felt this would be too inconvenient for a regular New York trip. We have another place in Manhattan itself that we like to stay at that is more convenient. But this is a great option if you need to be close to LaGuardia (free shuttle service) and even JFK, We'd not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Irvine, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hotel is located in a noisy, not very good looking area that is almost entirely Asian. To get to it, the driver of the hotel van -- who was very nice and friendly and came quickly to the airport to pick us up -- drove through nicer, more residential areas, past the Sheraton and other hotels. The Marco is not very far, but not too close to LaGuardia. The person at the hotel desk had some problems with English and told us that our room rate didn't include breakfast, even though the hotel's website said it was included and we booked the hotel through the website. I should have checked my confirmation email more carefully and I urge you to do so if you book a room here. There was a very depressing feeling in the lobby. Although it was only about 7:30 PM, the lights were very dim and it seemed like it was the middle of the night. We could see that there was dark heavy furniture there. Our room was a decent size and clean, so I was happy about that. The bathroom was fine. The next morning, we went downstairs to wait in the lobby for our friends to pick us up, but there was no place to sit. All of the furniture had been pushed together so that the floors could be mopped. I thought that this was the type of activity that's done in the middle of the night, not at 10:30AM. I would never go back to this hotel and do not recommend it to anyone else,

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My wife call today to because we want to book a room for our trip, the Mandarin speaking girl who answer the phone was extremely rude!! The first time we call she told us to call back in 10 minutes because she's busy, it's not our fault that she's busy so my wife tell her that we are calling from China and it's long distance. The girl said "I know you're long distance, that's why I'm telling you to call back in 10 minutes." then hang up on us!! I call back later and it was the same girl again, this time she didn't even let me say anything and put me on hold. She said her name was Abby or something and she was very very not nice!! Front desk is the first impression and "face" of a hotel, and we will not be choosing a hotel with a receptionist with no manners.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family