“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Queens
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Very nice hotel. Stayed there around May 20111, We had a King suite, which was very nice, comfortable, and clean. Suite had a kitchen. Staff was nice. Convenient location. It was an enjoyable stay. The restaurant downstairs was nice too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank W E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

While having dinner at Magna Ristorante, we were approached by the management of the hotel. The restaurant was great and the service was even better!! We were stuck in Flushing NY after our flight at LaGuardia was cancelled. We stopped to have dinner at this restaurant and were about to call for a cab, when the concierge offered to take us to our destination. He was polite, friendly and couldn't do enough to please. I will def stay at this hotel when we return. I recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the Flushing area. True professional customer service!!!! Thank you!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dmc786
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is a great bargain place to stay when visiting New York City. The hotel provides clean, spacious rooms in a safe neighborhood for half the price of lesser accommodations in Manhattan. Flushing is primarily an Asian neighborhood, the newest "Chinatown" in New York City, with numerous Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Japanese shops and restaurants. It is a relatively safe neighborhood with a low crime rate and ample opportunities for shopping and dining. The hotel service is good, and indoor parking costs far less than it would in Manhattan. The subway is only four blocks away and access to Manhattan takes only 30 minutes.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank USAtouristcom
Finger Lakes, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Unable to get a room at the Sheraton where we were attending Travel Agent seminars, we found room at the Marco Laguardia Hotel by Lexington in Flushing, NY, just three blocks away. Although not the elegant scale of the Sheraton, this was a wonderful find and, as a agent, I would highly recommend it to my clients with no reservations.

Rates are excellent and there's a connected parking garage at $19 a day, but the Marco Laguardia truly shines in its people. They go above and beyond - every one of them!

Upon checking in, I found my AC not working. In less than two minutes their young maintenance staff had it fixes and cooling off the room. The front desk was staffed around the clock with representatives that should make the owners truly proud - smiling, patient, helpful, efficient.

The late hour on our first night meant having a meal at their "Magna" restaurant and we weren't expecting much. For once, that "hotel restaurant" reputation was squashed like a bug, with two wonderful Italian meals and service to match. Two nights later we ate there again, and we can't say enough for the waitstaff and manager, who went out of there way to fill every request, take the time to talk to us with honest interest, and still give us breathing space as we spent hours with our computers an follow up paper work. My thanks go out to the manager, Daniel, and his waitstaff that evening, Jocelyn and Cesar. You're a wonderful testimony to your employer.

Lest I forget Eddie - the dappily dressed chauffeur of the hotel's shuttle. His beautiful Italian language and suave, yet fun, personality was a hit with all of us.

The rooms were nicely appointed and beds comfortable, with a microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, iron and board. Cleaning staff efficient (a few crumbs were left on the chair from the previous occupant), nicely appointed business center, and a locked room to hold your luggage after checkout.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank mlboyer1
Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

This was a great choice for our visit to New York City. The hotel is very quiet, the beds comfortable and the atmosphere relaxing. The front desk staff are extremely professional, courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. They sent a driver and car to pick us up in Manhattan at midnight. We could have taken the very convenient and safe subway - number 7 - it ends 3 blocks from the hotel and goes right into Manhattan with its last stop Times Square - but it was raining and we were all dressed up for a night at the theater. The Marco LaGuardia staff made all of the arrangements for us and everything worked out perfectly - even at the last minute. The subway walk and the station are very safe and we felt perfectly safe duing our entire stay. The restaurant and bar are perfect -the bartender even remembered our drink orders and the General Manager was so hospitable. The free shuttle to and from LaGuardia made our trip even more hassle free. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank marpau1
New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Employees where so helpful. It was like a family. In the five days my family and I where staying we learned the staff's names. Ceaser is the best waiter. Gene is a very helpful manager. Eddie will get you any where you need to get in the Big Apple. Tony is special to me. My son and I recently lost his father and my husband. My son Shane had an electronic gadget he bought in Time Square that needed like umpten batteries. My son and I asked for a screw driver to change the batteries and Tony the Hotels engineer took my sons toy put in the hotels batteries himself and charged the toy to make sure it worked. Amazing people at this Hotel. Never have been to NY but I know now it is safe and I will come back to stay at this hotel as soon as I can. The price is great and the location is close to subways to Time Square.

Room Tip: All rooms where quiet. My family stayed all over the hotel and had no complaints.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank acoleman3
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We visited NYC on a family trip (3 people) in first week of June. We stayed here for 5 nights spanning over 3 check-ins.Here is what I thought about the hotel:

The good:
- Neat and clean rooms. Although, the room which we got in our second outing was bigger than the other two. I am not sure why it was the way it was.
- Decent location (close to subway line 7,LaGuardia airport). I had planned bus tours to Niagara Falls and Washington D.C. and the buses took off from nearby locations, so that was convenient. Although, otherwise the area around the hotel is densely populated and not as clean as I had expected.
- Complimentary shuttle service to LGA airport.
- I booked on their website so I got free complimentary breakfast for 2.
- AC worked just fine.

The bad:
- The service staff was terrible! For every service request I had to make at least 2 phone calls before I got what we needed. The turnaround time was 1 hour which became frustrating after a point. Also, they were not able to give answers to my questions and could definitely take a lesson or two in being more courteous.
- Same thing with one of the guys serving breakfast on the first morning. Since we are a family of 3 and only 2 of us got complimentary breakfast, one of us had to choose something. I asked the guy to get the menu but instead of getting the menu the guy is like tell me what you want, I can make abc,xyz etc. On asking again firmly the menu arrives. Sounded to me as though he was doing us a favour. Another not so happy experience with the service staff early in the morning. However, the other days went fine since that guy wasn't there.
- Wifi internet wasn't good.
- Rooms could have been a little bigger, but again it's NYC.

Overall, I would give a little above 3 stars. I may choose the hotel if I am in this area the next time around although Sheraton LaGuardia nearby looks like a better choice (for $40 extra).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles