“Loved IT!”

Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed 27 January 2010

I had a great stay at this hotel from Jan. 20-Jan. 24th 2010.
ALL of the staff were more than helpful and felt like friends lol.
We had a little problem where our room was overbooked but this was taken care of in a proper manner right away. LOVED the shuttle service and breakfast as well. There was some noise from the highway but this is NYC so those who are expecting a completely country quiet night must be insane. Our room was next to the highway and the noise did not bother us in the least. Planning on coming back to the city for a summer weekend just because of the hotel. Shout outs to Jorge, Anda(?), Kevin, Raul, and the guy who worked overnights on the 23rd. They all were too cool and deserve a raise =)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2010

We truly thank you and are most excited to read about your great stay with us. We are happy to see you that you noted the free shuttle, plentiful breakfast, and clean rooms. We try to provide excellent value for all of our guests.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review.
-Ronald Britt, Director of Operations

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport

Reviewed 23 December 2009

We stayed overnight for a late flight arrival from England. Very clean, comfortable hotel and helpful & friendly staff especially Jorge! Free breakfast with wide variety of choices. Would definetly stay again & recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2009

Thank you for your extremely kind words and great scores for our service.
We truly value your opinion and are thankful you took the time to share your wonderful experience with other potential guests.
Thank you.
-Ronald Britt, Director of Operations

Reviewed 25 November 2009

Stayed here for a night. Got a room facing the expressway (i-495) and it was very noisy; felt like the window was open. I had specifically asked for a quiet room when I booked the room about 2-3 weeks before my stay, but I was still given a room next to the highway. I am a priority club member and my request was still rejected!

They have a paring lot for about 20 cars and parking is free. Wifi connection is bad. I had to connect and reconnect atleast 4-5 times. Breakfast was okay. Staff working at the reception were friendly.

I will not stay here again as the hotel is too close to the freeway.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S V
Reviewed 3 October 2009

I stayed here one weekend because I couldn't afford to stay in Manhattan and wanted to try staying outside of Manhattan and taking the subway in. I would definitely do it again. My props to the shuttle guys. I never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for them to drop me off or pick me up, most the time they were either right there, just getting there or on their way. The R/E train takes you right to 42nd Street station and there are many stops along the way. The drop off to the subway is about 5 mins from the hotel but not very easy within walking distance. I don't know if it was because the hotel wasn't that busy and they didn't have many riders or what but they were very accommodating. The subway does take about 45 min-1 hour so while its not fast, it is substantially cheaper than taxi. I bought a 4 trip pass for $8 and I would get up in the morning, go into the city until early afternoon then come back to the hotel for some rest, then take the train back to the city for the evening and get back late at night and I did that both Saturday and Sunday so total transportation was $16 for 8 trips (the hotel told me a cab would cost about $50 plus toll each way).

The hotel was nice, the room was large compared to Manhattan rooms. The continental breakfast was decent. The internet was easy to get connected. The hotel is right on the highway but either I was so exhausted and didn't care or I really didn't notice the traffic and noise that you would expect being right next to the highway.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was on the side with traffic, very close to the freeway and a heavily used access road. (NOISY) Traffic at all hours of the night and day was very annoying. Room was small but clean. Get there early if you are driving, there are very few parking spots but the ones they have are free.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We stayed here for a weekend to visit family & friends. This is a newer hotel and,as always, Holiday Inn Express' are clean and comfortable. Room was small, but had a king size bed and was very clean. Staff was helpful. They also offer a shuttle, which we didn't need because we had a car. Parking was tight, but we found a spot even later at night. Close to airport and Citifield.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2009

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Paris Suites Hotel
Paris Suites Hotel
#17 of 18 in Flushing

Been to Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!