“Great pizza but”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Great pizza but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

Tony's been a little ornery for decades now. Rebuilt after 2 fires over the years but never put in a bathroom for his customers. Was with friends and our kids all <5 at the time last summer, a kid had the sudden urge to pee and he refused us the back bathroom. I understand not wanting customers to use it but we've known him for 30+ years! Still the pizzas have a great thin crust and crisp and chicken rolls pretty good too. Just know he's happiest when you get it to go.

1 Thank welbymd

Forest Hills, New York
“Best-tasting pizza in Forest Hills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I don't go out for pizza too often because I make my own. But I've been to Lillian's more times than to any other pizza joint in Queens.

On my most recent visit, my wife and I both had a slice of the tomato and garlic ($3.25 each) and I had a slice of plain ($2.25). I'm not a fan of garlic but my wife insisted I try it because she's tried it before and loves it. It was great if you like garlic and still okay if you don't. I enjoyed my slice of plain pizza more, however.

The pizza is a tad greasy in a good way.

The restaurant interior is nothing special but is very clean, and the place was busy with all but one of about ten tables occupied. They've got a photo of Ray Romano on the wall as he's apparently the only celebrity who likes to hang here.

One drawback is the location. It is in a residential part of Forest Hills, about a ten minute walk from the nearest subway station.

A lot of people consider this place to have the best pizza in Queens and I can't disagree with them.

• Visited July 2012
Forest Hills, NY
“The New Americana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Lillian and Tony have been behind the counter for nearly 40 years. The pizza is simple, but in the simplicity lies the greatness. No delivery, no problem. Just take a walk through the nice neighborhood or drive. The other hot foods are good, but pale in comparison to the pizza. Generations of Forest Hills families have been raised on this stuff. Do you think it would last if it weren’t any good? Italian Ices in the summertime are the cherry on top. So glad that there are still mom and pop shops like this around.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank godzuki24
New York
“Great pizza in Forest Hills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

First the drawbacks. They only take cash (no cards) and they don't deliver. I'd order here much more often I'd they would deliver. That being said, this is a great neighborhood pizzeria (I especially like the garlic meatball pie). It is unpretentious - but darn good. And you'll see the same faces behind the counter.

1 Thank travelethan
New York City, New York
“Nice little neighborhood pizzeria with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

I've been to this place many times. It's a great, local, small, simple pizza shop with extremely friendly owners who have thick Italian accents. The pizza, calzones, and garlic knots are fresh and tasty. With the friendly service and good food, you get bargain prices. There is plenty of parking on the surrounding streets.
By the way, this restaurant has been around for a long time. One of its famous customers was Ray Romano. A signed photo of him sits on the wall. He grew up in the neighborhood and went to this pizzeria often.

1 Thank TravelDeer