“Nice hotel with complimentary airport shuttle and wifi”

Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
“Nice hotel with complimentary airport shuttle and wifi”
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

This is NY, so free wifi and airport shuttle is a nice surprise. Obviously, this is not Manhattan so if you dream of Broadway shows and Central Park, just pony up for Manhattan. If that's not so important, it's a block from the subway to get you to the tourist locales.

This is a bustling Chinatown or Koreatown with the pros and cons that go with that. Tons of great Asian food but the messiness of many markets.

The rooms are typical of a business class hotel. I stay here once a month and have always gotten clean well appointed rooms. I load up on Asian snacks each time to bring back to the children.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank section
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Section,

I am happy to hear that we have consistently met your expectations and that you are pleased with our amenities and service. Thank you for posting your review and we look forward to having you visit us again.

With Warm Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Free pick up from the airport. We use starwood membership we were at the top floor 16th. The Club house was great- internet, TV, free food and drinks. The club house staff gives very good service. The location was good for chinese food, book store...etc. It is within 2 minutes you could go to subway. A short walk to many of the asian supermarket and food court. The hotel compare to Time Square it is dirt cheap and bigger only downside it takes about 30 minutes to Grand Central Station from there. We stayed for 4 days 3 night it is kind of nice.

Room Tip: Higher floor.. 16 is the best floor be at. That was the Club house.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lee T
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Lee T,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities the hotel provides. Your positive comments about the Hotel, our services and the surrounding neighborhood are appreciated and we certainly look forward to your return.

Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice in May. Once leaving the country and once on the return. Both times I was very tired and stressed out from issues with flights etc. First time my flight was 3 hrs late and I didn't arrive at the hotel until after 11pm.
Both times the staff that picked me up from the airport, the front desk and everyone in between was very kind and helpful, Truthfully, not what I expected in NY. but very much appreciated.
Room was lovely and just as I requested both times.
If you like Asian decor ( I love it) the lobby is a treat for the eyes.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and will definitely return if the occasion arises.

1 Thank FloridaWeewestie
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear FloridaWeewestie,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both visits and would consider us again if you find yourself in this neighborhood in the future. The team takes pride in delivering quality service and creating great experiences. I will certainly share your feedback with them as it will make them happy to hear their effort is appreciated by our guests.

New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is an old dumpy Sheraton in desperate need for a remodel. Like many locations, the lobby has been redone, but the rooms have only gotten a cosmetic face lift at best. The room smelled musty, the bathroom was less than spotless, the shower clogged immediately, the carpet and wall paper were fraying, etc. I don't even think the closet had a door. No in-room safe either.
But for one night before an early flight it was fine - the shuttle was right on schedule and had me at the airport in less than 15 minutes. I guess it would also be OK if you need to be in Flushing for an event or business, but not for a Manhattan sightseeing vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for middle of hall between elevator and ice/vending (located at the end) to minimize noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear TravelCuties,

Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Checking into a room that is not up to standard can leave a lasting impression that overshadows the rest of any stay. I can assure you the housekeeping and maintenance issues you encountered in your room are not typical here and I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about the details of your stay so I may work with my team to prevent a similar experience from occurring again. Please feel free to contact me directly at hotelmanager@sheratonlaguardia.com with your contact details and the best time to reach you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This hotel, located in a very run-down part of Flushing, more than 3 miles away from LaGuardia, is not worthy of the Sheraton brand. Food and accommodation are grossly overpriced, especially if you are, as I was, a walk-in as a result of a flight cancellation. There are numerous hotels much closer to LaGuardia, offering significantly better value for money.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear HeidiM,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. All feedback, both positive and not so positive, are welcomed tools which we share internally and are an important part of our ongoing effort to delivery excellent service and value.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The hotel is really like being in China or such. From foo dogs at the entrance to the asian decor lobby and the neighborhood a true Chinatown. Stayed to make early morning flight-bed itself was Sheraton comfortable bed. The AC didn't really work right---by the time I got there I did not call down and just lived with it. Icemake was broken on my floor so went to another floor. Did marvel at the neighborhood as an adventure--not with fear like other write ups. The main thing---the bus to LGA airport was on time!!!

Dear Folkgroupie,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and location I am concerned that everything was not working 100%. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback was quite helpful as we reviewed our daily inspection protocol to prevent any issue similar to what you experienced from reoccurring.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This hotel is conveintly located, many restaurants to choose from. Hotel room is spacious and clean. Would definatey stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear 558winnie,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments and for recommending our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.