“Welcome to China”

Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel was good but somewhat ordinarily. Clean room. Helpful staff. Nice little lobby bar. Good breakfast. The bed was OK, not as comfortable as it could have been and the A/C very noisy. In fact, I prefer to have my bedroom rather chilly, and since we are at the end of October, opening the window would have been better than having to run the A/C - but they where not openable.

I still give the hotel a 5 rating for the location. It was just like making a trip to China or Hong Kong. The entire neighborhood is more Chinese than N.Y. Chinatown; walking around, the only English language signs I saw was the street signs. Restaurant menus where Chinese only. Great experience!

But I met a couple in the elevator who where scared by the unfamiliarity of the surroundings. For them this trip to "China" was as surprising as it was unwelcome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Psjofors,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff helpful. I apologize that you found your AC to be noisy. I have forwarded your feedback to our engineering team to follow up on during their daily maintenance program. I would agree that our neighborhood is very dynamic and I am glad you enjoyed the experience.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

LOCATION (minutes away from La Guardia Airport via free shuttle), LOCATION (a couple minutes walk to the MTA station from the hotel’s secondary entrance; the morning and afternoon express trains quicken the trip to and from Manhattan), LOCATION (surrounded by a wide variety of excellent Asian restaurants). Plus these excellent values: room rate substantially lower that a comparable Manhattan hotel; well maintained, clean hotel and room with very comfortable beds; convenient, reasonably price excellent breakfast buffet; highly professional, courteous helpful staff. Equals a top notch hotel establishment. Nice way to end our Northeast motoring tour, leaf peeping through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, visiting Boston and spending the last three days in NYC.

1  Thank 1holoholokane
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear 1holoholokane,
Wow what a wonderful review. Thank you for all of the positive feedback and for endorsing our hotel. Most importantly is that you enjoyed the property, the services and our location. I am glad that your stay was a positive way to end your travels around the northeast.
I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Ed S.

P.S. I love viewing the fall foliage in upstate NY and New England. I heard this year was fantastic.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I did not know what to expect when we got to this hotel. I thought it was interesting how it was located in the middle of Chinatown. But that's what I loved about it! With the exception of their poor "free" WiFi connection, everything was great: the service, the location, easy access to the subway and especially their free shuttle to LaGuardia! I will definitely come back here...hopefully their WiFi will be better.

1  Thank Maria M

Dear Maria M,

It is always great to hear that someone enjoyed their stay and that they will “definitely” come back. That is a great motivator to not only me but our entire team to continue striving to deliver the best of services and value. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am looking into ways we can improve our complimentary Wi-Fi. Hopefully on your next visit you will notice a difference and be completely satisfied with your stay.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Shuttle to LaGuardia nice. One block away from subway. End of the line on route 7, about 30 minutes to get into the City. Took over an hour to get to Coney Island. TV not in HD, creating a poor picture. We got breakfast in the morning, which was very good. Only real problem it's a long way from central Park, etc.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mlewis1
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Nlewis1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy that you enjoyed our hotel, our services and that our associates created a positive experience for you.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The good- spacious rooms, good service, airport shuttle
The bad- 15 minute ride to hotel from LGA, taxes and fees took rate to $350 a night INSANE, room service stops at 11:00 pm, hotel in Ktown, hotel outdated in very commercial area.
In summary- prob best hotel in area, overpriced and very commercial area

1  Thank Rs91568
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Rs91568,

Thank you for writing a review and posting it on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is valuable to us. We utilize all feedback to see what we are doing well and where we need to direct our focus on improving as we continually strive to provide the best services.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

convenieng location near to subway. The food was always good. The drinks were icy. There is complimentary parking. Ask the front desk or your host for a card. I do not know the prices because I was invited by other people but I would venture to say it is expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sha C
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Sha C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and services. If you need any information about our hotel, restaurant or banquet services please do not hesitate to give us a call at 718-460-4666 or visit our website at www.sheraton.com/laguardia.

We look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I travel very frequently but rarely write reviews. When I do, it's because I'm truly impressed by staff members. At this hotel, Fanny (front desk agent), Franklin and Joel (night auditors) really listened to my requests and took the time to answer all my questions, with kindness and genuine concern for me as a guest.

High praise and thanks are due to Fanny, Joel and Franklin.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ck1153
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Ck1153,

I am delighted to hear that our associates were able to provide you a level of service that left a great lasting impression. They are passionate about delivering the best service possible and your feedback is confirmation that their efforts are noticed and appreciated. They will be thrilled when I share your feedback with them and I will personally thank Fanny, Franklin, and Joel for doing what they love to do.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon.

With Warm regards,