“location is helpful”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Skokie, Illinois
“location is helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

good for traveler who is catching early flight out of LaGuardia. Convenient location. Great service at front desk and van driver was wonderful. Breakfast is ok, not great. Room is not bad by New York standards. Price was reasonable

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dfutransky
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Dfutransky,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that your interactions with our team were memorable and you found our location convenient.

I do hope that you come back and visit again soon.

Ed S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Due to its location in Flushing, this Sheraton has many Asian guests. For those who are used to a Sheraton in Asia, the exterior and lobby of this one in Flushing may look really tired. However, the room itself was very functional and clean. It's definitely not the best Starwood hotel in town, but its the best in Flushing. Executive lounge was really small but functional, and we really enjoyed its Oriental ambiance. I will definitely come back again if I have a early morning flight from LGA or just simply miss some of the best Asian food you can find in this country.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ksdsaa
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear CKFO,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy to hear that you found the accommodations clean and functional as well as the club ambiance enjoyable. I will share with you that we are in the process of renovating our club and shortly we will reveal the new look. Although it is the same space it will be even more functional, modern yet still have an Asian touch to the ambiance. Additionally we will soon be enhancing the lobby which is in the final stages of design.

You mentioned you would stay with us again if you are taking an early flight from LGA. If you do please let me know how you like the new lounge and, if the lobby enhancements are done, how you like them as well.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Shuttle pickup was prompt from Laguardia. The driver was very friendly and talkative.

Check-in was very friendly, and my SPG Gold status was acknowledged at check-in. I was offered a choice of gifts as a Gold member. I chose the SPG points, and was informed that the hotel is also currently running a promotion that gives an extra 250 points! I was informed that I was granted access to the club lounge, but as I arrived late, and departed early, I was not able to partake.

The room itself was average. It was average in size for a New York hotel room. I could hear my neighbors almost word for word throughout the night, so that was disappointing. I could also hear planes depart and takeoff outside. The bed and bedding were the highlight of the stay...so comfortable! The bathroom was large with standard Sheraton bath amenities. The shower itself had good temperature, but the shower head was the handicapped style shower head.

Departure back to the airport in the morning was prompt. The driver was exceedingly friendly -- which seems to be a theme at this hotel! Every staff interaction I had was friendly and welcoming! I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Fzedlach
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Fzedlach,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is appreciated and I am especially pleased to hear all of the positive comments with regards to your interactions with our team. They are so vital to our success and they work hard to make everyone feel welcomed and at home. They will be happy to know that their efforts were noticed and appreciated.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for recommending our hotel. I do hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Clarksville, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I'm usually happy with most things but not this time at Sheraton Flushing. At first, the bathroom wasn't clean and the bathtub was all dusty when we got there. And then the bathtub was clogged and they couldn't fix it that same night. They did fix it the next day so I was okay with that although not 100% happy.

Then on Monday, there were a group of people in the hall way on my floor basically outside my room hanging out and chatting during the day time. We were disturbed by that and also had safety concerns. I called the front desk and they explained that there's a doctor that practices on my floor so those were patients waiting to be seen. The staff was polite and did apologize but calling them didn't really help. People continued to be there chatting. There were people there until past 8pm. I don't understand how Sheraton could allow doctors practice in one of their rooms and even if they do that how can they let the doctor use the hallway as waiting room. This practice isn't acceptable to me. This is not the type of service we'd usually expect from Sheraton.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Wen X
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Wen X,

I am sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your recent visit to our property. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am concerned with the challenge you experienced with your bathroom as well as the noise inconvenience you experienced in the hallway. Part of our pre-arrival inspection is to assure that all rooms are properly cleaned and everything is in good working order before assigning a room. Our Director of Housekeeping is diligently looking into the matter. With regards to the line of people gathering in the hallway I would agree that is not acceptable and I am following up with our team to prevent a similar situation , like what you experienced, from occurring again.

Wen X, Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I can assure you they are not commonplace here and I do hope you give our property another opportunity to deliver a more memorable experience.

Lincoln, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

So were from New Hampshire and it took us about 6 hours to get to a wedding in New York. The bride booked multiple rooms for her guests in this Sheraton location. After the wedding party was over other guests had already checked in and when it was our turn they made us wait to get ahold of hotel booker. The room was reserved under my name and I had shown her my ID. We were all very tired and some of us were drunk so we really needed the rest. We explained that the bride and groom were drunk so that's why she wasn't picking up their phone calls but they insisted they had to wait for her confirmation. Then to apologize, they gave us breakfast vouchers which we would never wake up for cause we finally got into our rooms at 1 am! Terrible management and when asked to speak with a manager he cheekishly said that he was the manager. Never booking his hotel again and you shouldn't either especially for weddings!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael T
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Michael T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to hear of the challenges you experienced on your recent visit to our hotel. I can appreciate the frustration of having to wait to check into your room, especially when it is late in the evening. Please accept my apologizes for any inconveniences you experienced. I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail so I may take that information back to my team for further review with the intent on preventing a similar situation, such as your, from reoccurring. Please contact me directly at hotelmanager@sheratonlaguardia.com. Please provide me your contact information and the best time which I may reach you. I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I only started travel early this year. It was kind of funny since my stay at this place was totally unexpected since I can not contact my friend in NYC. I use my star points and cash to book the two nights. And to my surprise they grant me the Club level corner room 1601! But I was too young too simple back then. I asked for a non corner room!(LOL, due to my old traveling habit in other countries). So the staff gave me a room in the middle of level 15. After I reached my room I realized what a mistake I have made! The next morning I asked the front desk that I did not know the 16 was the club floor and asked for lounge access. The front desk people granted me as a courtesy and I was really appreciated since back a few months ago I got no stay at SPG and no status at all. Because of this stay I love the SPG and stayed at SPG property at Seattle, Boston, Portland, Burlington. However the staff and service varies dramatically form location to location and brand to brand! SPG is excellent hotel loyalty program, which always gives you surprise, well, good and bad( LOL). I will hit the top level elite with SPG in a few months, I hope I have the luck to hit more good property rather than some 2.x rated Sheraton.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Fanda Z,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that your stay here was superb and that it left a memorable impression. Our team works hard to create great guest experiences and they will be happy to know that their efforts were noticed and appreciated.

I am excited to hear you are nearing the elite status and I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program. There are some great benefits which I am sure you will enjoy.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Skokie, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were looking for a good price and convenience and found it at the Sheraton LaGuardia. The rooms are comfortable and as previous reviews, we found the staff very friendly. Pick-up and drop off a LaGuardia an added bonus.
If you like to use the NYC MTA, the 7 train is a half a block away out the back door. The Long Island Rail is about a bock and a half. Even though we did not use it, a bus to Foxwood (for 12.50) is next to the stairs of the Long Island Rail.
Surprised to see us in the middle of Flushing's China Town. We did not take advantage of this treat, but I am sure we will next time.
Plan 35 minutes on the 7 to Times Square on the Express Train, otherwise about an hour.

Room Tip: I had read away from the elevators - I think that is a good suggestion. They are a bit noisy.