“Perfect Stay for US Open”

Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
boston, ma
“Perfect Stay for US Open”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for two nights and later on cancelled our hotel reservation in Time Square to stay an extra night. This was the perfect location for US Open which is within a 20 minutes on foot, 5 min by subway, or during game days a free hotel shuttle to and from. Also perfect was its central location to all the fabulous Asian food options in Flushing. We literally ate at the little Shanghai restaurant right next to the hotel every single meal. Breakfast there is authentic Shanghainese and oh so much better than Nan Xiang across the street. There is a municipal parking lot right across the street and a very popular BBQ grill stand that opens all day and night (price ridiculously cheap, $1.25 for one lamb, chicken or beef skewer), but the hotel guest can get valet parking for $14 a day (not bad for NYC). The room was surprisingly quiet for a busy busy central street, and the beds are very comfortable. The curtain are very darkening which we love for a good night sleep. The hotel decor is Chinese and ballroom level even has a cute balcony garden. This being US Open week, everything is over sold and expensive compared to normal days, but I wouldn't stay anywhere else just for the convenience. For the sheer joy of Flushing culinary experience, and for the Open of course. They offer guests free T-shirts for US Open 2014 and print out game schedules for us. All the nice little touches show that this hotel cares about its customer satisfaction and places emphasis on repeat businesses. Thank you Sheraton.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Newtonmum,

The US Open is a wonderful event and time to be in Flushing. Thank you for choosing us as your place to stay while attending the Open. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel, our services and our location. Our team takes great pride in creating great guest experiences and part of that is their creative way to add personal touches to our guests stay. One of those being the US Open T-Shirts. They will be happy to know that their efforts were noticed and appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Ed S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I had a four-night stay in New York and opted to stay in Flushing for the final night. The decision was based on the fact that we had an extremely early flight out of LaGuardia, and we were both happy to get an extra 30 minutes of sleep.

The hotel is located in the heart of Flushing. The area outside the hotel was constantly buzzing! There are tons of amazing Asian restaurants and shops in the area. The hotel is also very Asian influenced which is pretty neat!

The rooms were nothing to write home about, but not bad either. A nice touch was being able to print our boarding passes in the lobby.

If I had to stay in Flushing again, I would probably consider this property if there were no other options. The proximity to the airport made it worth it.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room at this property as the views are all pretty urban.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Dovertime,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed our property, location and surrounding neighborhood. I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.

Wolcott
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Courteous/ Professional/ Caring Staff! Staff Retention! The Sheraton LaGuardia Means It When They Say " If We Can Be Of Any Help Just Ask" I've asked and Have always Received the Help I need. The Check-in, Baggage, Parking, Checkout is Quick and Efficient. Having been to this Hotel Before, I contacted them in advance and asked for Floor, Room Location, and Room Configuration. No Problem and The Hotel was Full for my whole stay. The Rooms, Bed, Bath, Amenities all Excellent. The General Manager is Available. The Staff is Available. If something is Bothering YOU, Give them the Chance to Correct, Solve, or Work on a Solution. I was in Room 1512, Great View, Great Location, Subway, Restaurants, Culture. Please Give Sheraton LaGuardia East Flushing, New York the Opportunity to Serve You! Easy to get to!

Room Tip: I like to Look Out the Window, Whitestone, Airport, etc
Green Features: Environmentally Friendly Hotel! Recycle, Towels and Housekeeping to your liking
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Shorethinglo,

What a wonderful and endorsing review, Thank You. A review like this brings a smile to my face knowing that we were able to deliver a great experience for you four years in a row. It is feedback like this that fuels our desire to deliver memorable experiences and we aim to make it five years and counting.

Thank you for your loyalty to our property and I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family was on our way to Long Island to visit friends when a huge snow storm thwarted our plans. We redirected to this Sheraton located in the heart of downtown Flushing. It has a very Chinese feel to it. I don't like that I had to pay for underground garage parking, but that's what you get for Flushing.

The staff was very courteous and they promptly brought a crib for our son. As Starwood members, they put us in a room on the top floor. The club lounge was well stocked with soft drinks, water, and snacks that evening, where club lounges are usually cleaned out by 9 or 10 in the evening. Morning continental breakfast was also very nice. It's a category 4 hotel; so as nice as it was, it's unlikely we'd stay here except in an emergency.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hotel_GM72, Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear David L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that our team made you feel comfortable and that the club lounge added to your experience.

I do hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was excellent. Location so close to subway made getting to all of the tourist attractions a piece of cake. Nan Xiang Dumpling House 38-12 Prince St Flushing NY 11354 8 am to 11:30 was within a block and delicious food. We had really comfortable beds and the room was immaculate and very quiet. Shuttle Pick up was excellent, we even arrived at midnight and it was no problem and very quick to our room. The provided a crib for our little one and I would definitely use this hotel again. Only thing that could have been better was a lower price.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor away from elevators and heard nothing for the two nights we were there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie A
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Julie A.,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. It is always nice to hear when a guest enjoyed our accommodations, service and surrounding neighborhood especially when you mention you would definitely use our hotel again.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This older hotel appears to have been renovated in recent years and is certainly a good value. The staff, restaurant and shops all reflect its location in a strongly Asian community -- many restaurants and shops nearby. While labeled "LaGuardia East", and only 10 minutes from the airport, it felt much more like a local hotel in the heart of a vibrant community than an airport/traveler's overnight stop. Reception and desk personnel, as well as restaurant servers, were friendly and efficient. In-house underground parking was good. Ample computer availability in lobby. One issue: hotel is located on a side street in a busy area that can become clogged with rush hour traffic. Blocked buses caused grid lock at intersections on both sides of hotel the night we stayed there (not the fault of the hotel). Overall, a different than expected but satisfying experience.

Room Tip: 16th Floor (highest) has Sheraton "club" -- complementary beverages, etc. -- often crowded...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear N l,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with our property, our services and location. I would agree that, due to the vibrancy of our neighborhood, traffic can become a little congested. This is not uncommon is many of the busy NYC neighborhoods. There was, however, one particular day last week where our street was backed up due to an accident down the block that took some time to clear up. As a New Yorker who is accustom to traffic my patients was certainly tested that day. Luckily that is not a normal occurrence.

I do hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went with my infant son, had to pay for TWO people. It was a two night stay and due to a horrible situation with USAirways (THE WORST AIRLINE I KNOW) we started out travelling at 9am and did not arrive from Florida to NYC La Guardia until 23:00. I had to go get some food and milk for my son, he had NOT eaten all day (we were stuck in planes and bumped off two and stuck on the tarmac and then rude flight attendants etc). When I arrived, THOUGH I WAS PAYING FOR TWO ADULTS AND REQUESTED A CRIB, none was in the room. They did bring a crib up but it was impossible to actually reach that deep unless you play for the NBA (the mattress was far too low). I asked for a second mattress which did not really help much. The bathroom is in need of an update too. Otherwise the area I LOVED because I love being in Asian areas and it was a convenient base. I would stay here again if I had to but not for a holiday or enjoyment.

Room Tip: Ask if any rooms have recently renovated bathrooms, the rest of the rooms are fine but rust and moul...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Lex59,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy to hear that you loved our location. I do like the vibrancy of it myself as well. I am concerned, however, with regards to your understanding that you were paying a different rate for two persons. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do not have rates that are different for one or two persons and I would like the opportunity to speak to you directly to get more details on your reservation process. This will provide me an opportunity to take corrective measure to prevent anything that may be misinterpreted and/or misleading for future guests who are making reservations. I may be reached at hotelmanager@sheratonlaguardia.com. Please provide me your contact information and a time that is best for me to reach you. Additionally I have forwarded your comments on the baby crib to our Director of Housekeeping who is looking into your concerns.

I look forward to hearing from you.