“Amazing burgers” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 188 Restaurants in Forest Hills
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Forest Hills, New York
“Amazing burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is a typical local bar that is small and at times can get cramped. There are two big screen TVs above the bar so if you get a seat there you can enjoy a game. They have a pretty decent beer selection and there mixed drinks have a healthy pour. In my opinion, this is one of the best burgers that you can get in Queens. I usually order my burger with goat cheese and it is outstanding. Its has great flavor and is not over the top greasy. If you like goat cheese this is a must try burger. It is a little pricey for a burger ($14 with tax) but well worth it because of the taste.

And if you get take out from here, an unusual but appreciated packing technique is used. They put the fries and burger in separate containers so the fries (thin and crispy) do not get covered in burger contents. A hole is also cut in the top of the fries container preventing them from getting mushy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Kew Gardens, New York
“Terrific Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Several friends and I went here for dinner. It's small, but great! Our table ordered the cheese quesadilla, burgers and vegetarian sandwich. Everyone liked their food. With such a small kitchen, they do an amazing job. The waitress was extremely friendly and helpful. There was a nice, friendly atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Favorite spot in forest hills!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

My wife and I love going here. Burgers and mussels are awesome and portion sizes are very generous!!

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Eh, I tried it once!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Party of two, one had the my steak sandwich with fries that was a large meal and tasted just okay. The other had the sliders and fries. The bar is SMALL and crowded but a different feel, something I don't mind experiencing once but probably not again. Menu is selective and prices are btwn $10-$20+ for a burger to pasta. Staff was friendly so service was good!

• Visited September 2013
New York
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

This dive bar was one of the most horrible eat-out experience for us...Had gone with my husband for the Tuesday spl. of $9 for half plate of mussels...right from the moment we stepped in I knew this was a bad choice...the hostess seemed lost as to where to seat us, though the whole place was practically empty except for a few people at the bar...Finally we are seated in a corner..after we order for two servings of the half plate of mussels , the waitress had the audacity to ask us "Thats all you are eating"...! Really??? I don't think I want waitresses commenting about what I eat or don't...each order was supposed to have a side of bread and fries...we got only one of each...when we got some more bread, we were charged for it...The food was so-so...ve had way better food...And the adjacent table was so close ,it was hard for us to have a conversation...A stingy dark place with rude hosting...can live without it , even if its the last restaurant on earth.

• Visited February 2013