No photo provided
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Good place to just eat & talk with a friend, or relax over a meal by yourself. Not much to talk about -nothing special except the perogies, potato pancakes, and other good Eastern-European food.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I'm not Polish but love the delicous Blintzes that are made by several Polish Restaurants in NYC. This one has among the best. However beware of the service. I recently ordered a small order of Blintzes. The waitress brought a large order which I simply did not realize until I got the check at the end of the meal. After two phone calls to "Mother", she very reluctantly adjusted my check. Caveat Emptor!

1  Thank uncleirv
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have been to this restaurant a few times and my experiences with the food have been hit or miss. They have sensational hot chocolate and the pancakes with fruit compote on the top are very delicious but no matter how good they are I still can't get past the fact that my friend and I had to wait about 40 minutes for pancakes and bacon in a nearly empty restaurant. I went with my mother another time and she ordered the cherry filled crepes which she was very excited about. She was disappointed to find that the cherry filling inside of the crepe was ice cold.

I have also been there for dinner and ordered a cheeseburger while my husband ordered the salmon. Both dishes lacked any real flavor and were somewhat overcooked. It was one of the very few burgers over the course of my life that mostly remained on my plate by the end of the meal. Do yourselves a favor and travel a bit further up Queens Boulevard by Queens Center Mall to Georgia Diner which has speedy service and great food.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I have been to this small Polish place maybe 50 or 60 times in the past 20 years, but my taste for food changed, I will try to go back, I remember the calf liver and many more dishes I can't find anywhere else, love it

1  Thank Charleric
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This place was charming. Decor is old but the food was good. Great for breakfast on a weekend. Service a bit slow. It worth the wait. Try their blitzes yummy.

1  Thank erica1Nj