“one of the best”

Got a photo?
Add it.
East Ocean Palace
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I'm not sure why Trip Advisor says this restaurant is closed. I eat here about once a week, either for dinner or Chinese brunch!

My office was in Chinatown for 20+ years. I have a Chinese girl friend and I have dined in some of the best restaurants in Hong Kong. The food at this restaurant is the equal of any very good Chinese restaurant, anywhere. Some of the dishes I can recommend are steamed fish, broiled lobster, lamb chops, pan fried noodles and scallops. Dim Sum (Chinese brunch) is delicious, you can get a lot of different, tasty and interesting dishes for a low price. Brunch is crowded, you may have to wait, you may have to share a table. But it is all part of the adventure.

The service here is no better nor worse than the service you get in most any Chinese restaurant. In other words, it is very businesslike. If you come here expecting the kind of warm, gracious service you might get in an elegant French or Italian restaurant, you will be disappointed. It is just not the way they do things.