Inn at Lake Joseph
US$99
US$150
US$127
BestWestern.com
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center(Rock Hill)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$113
US$110
All reviewsthe main housefire pitother guestsget awaycold cutsbeautiful lakerow boatpool tablehot breakfastheated poolprivate deckbethel woodshiking trailping pongcatch and releasesullivan countydog friendly place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Excellent facilities, great room, great service. If you are looking for a place to go to for a slow paced and quiet retreat from a fast-paced environment, this is the place. The only reason you must need to leave is for dinner. I wouldn't advise it for the adventurous type looking for lots of activities and nightlife. Since this is a relatively remote location, the one downside (if there is any) is that you will have to hop in your car for dinner. While there are a number of good restaurants in the area, some of them can take up to half-hour to get there. However, the innkeepers have a very handy restaurant listing with reviews, maps and distances.

Contrary to some of the other reviews that may give the impression that you would only want to go here if you have a dog I would strongly disagree. My wife and I went without a dog and didn't find the place had "gone to the dogs."

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I was passing through the Catskills on the way home from a business trip and needed to stay for one night to see a friend who was performing in the local Forestburg Playhouse.

The Inn at Lake Joseph is incredible and worth the extra money as long as you can utilize all of the amenities available (hiking, kayaking, fire pit, heated pool, pool table, etc.) From the moment I drove up and greeted by 2 fawns in the driveway I knew I’d enjoy my stay.

The Inn Keeper gave us a quick tour of the 1st floor common areas and we settled into the room. We were pressed for time and only had an hour to just sit and relax in the Adirondack chairs on the back lawn. My friend’s parents came for a visit and didn’t want to head back to their outdated motel lodge.

I like a firm mattress but understand the complaints from previous reviewers. It’s all up to personal preference. My bed was very high, older guest may have a problem getting in!

The hot Breakfast was great – good coffee, fresh OJ and a choice of fresh omelets with the works, blueberry pancakes, sausage, bacon, hash browns. My friend wasn’t feeling well and they offered me a “to go” box to bring back to the room. The “raid the fridge” concept is incredible for the remainder of the day. They have pasta salads, knishes, cold cuts, grilled veggies, fruit, yogurt, etc. And plenty of baked goods to snack on – brownies, cookies, coffee cake, carrot cake, etc! Again, we were able to make a sandwich to take for the ride home! We relaxed by the pool and made use of the pass to the local Fitness Center which was certainly adequate and better than many hotel gyms.

Is the Inn at Lake Joseph a little pricey compared to others in the area? Yes. But it’s totally worth it. I priced out basic chain motels in the vicinity and they were only about $50 less. If you can make use of all the activities, The Inn at Lake Joseph is the place to stay for a simple get away in the Catskills.

Also, if you do stay here use the directions on the website. Your GPS, Google Maps, MapQuest WILL NOT get you there properly. Use caution driving around the area – plenty of law enforcement and deer at all hours of the day!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank BizVacationTrvler
Reviewed 16 July 2009

The breakfast is great. The area is beautiful, with great trails, a and a lake. If you have a dog that likes to hike off the leash, this is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We found the Inn at Lake Joseph by searching the internet. It looked good and the price was right. Once we got there we were in for a pleasant surprise. The place is gorgeous! Tucked away in the woods, very quiet, with a lake and walking trails nearby. The hosts received us in the most friendly way possible. They showed us around, informed us of what is available in the area and answered ALL our questions. The room was immaculately clean. The swimming was pool very attractive. Best of all was the staff. They clearly did everything to make our stay pleasant. We returned home and informed everybody who wanted to listen what a great place Inn at Lake Joseph is.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We drove throught he woods for miles enjoying the trees and the deer. We followed the easy directions to the inn, which is out amidst a lush forrest. The main inn is a cozy and quaint and welcoming. We stayed furether back in the woods Carriage House.. We had the Tack Room (they gave us an upgrade due to their refurbishing they were doing.) The room was large, with fire place, patio, fridge, double wirlpool bath, and a sleep comfort king bed. "Great Sleep"
Very romantic, The whole place had casual class.
The Great
Lake, rowing with ones honey is very romantic
The pool better than the web site photo
The trails
The service
The Breakfast, food to order common tables or alone as you wish.
Few bugs, we took bug spay but didn't need it.
Ping Pong
Fire pit with marshmellows, they start it for you , you get to feed the fire and toast marshmellows
Lunch fixings, and snacks round the clock

The not so good,
Only three hangers which didn't seem to matter

We loved this palce. We used to go to the Pocanos and sit in traffic and endure crowds at big resorts. This place is the real deal. There is a small theater about three miles from the inn. We saw a great show. The folks in the area are very freindly.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple