“Burch Family Restaurant”
Review of Burch Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Healthy
Description: New Farm Fresh, Family BBQ Restaurant w/ grass feed beef BBQ Fort Ann NY in an historic brick building / BBQ smoker outside loved it.
Reviewed 2 July 2012

It took forever for the food to be served. A table that came in after us was served before we were. Two out of three orders were incorrect due to errors in the kitchen. Scrambled eggs instead of fried. Another order the wrong sandwich was served and the fried were cold. The barbequed pork & coleslaw were good. We try to patronize locally owned businesses but won't be returning here. We were very disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Burch Family Restaurant

Reviewed 9 November 2011

My family and I were returning from NH and simply stopped by at Burch Family Restaurant on a goof. It has a small dining room (apparently there is a much larger room upstairs). We all played it safe and had burgers (my daughter had pancakes). Delicious pies for dessert, too. Yummy. Great service, too. The waitress was very attentive and made sure our orders were exactly the way we wanted our food. Found out that we walked in 15 min before they were scheduled to close, but in "old-school" restaurant etiquette, we were served without comment and never rushed. It was very much appreciated and Burch Family will become a regular stop between our trips from Western NY to NH (to visit family there).

2  Thank Dave E
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Much food is raised at family farm or purchased locally in surrounding Washington County! Real maple syrup at breakfast. Great breakfast and lunch meals at low to moderate prices. Grass fed beef, local pork and many fresh vegetables in season. Farm family restaurant. Food is well prepared and healthy as well.

Located in a 170 year old building on a very historic site.

I visit once or twice per week. Delicious home made pies sold by slice or by whole pie. Beefalo available for order. Relishes, honey, syrup, salsa and other items available for sale.

4  Thank GE1947
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Only 9 miles from Hectic, Crowded Lake George A TRUE FIND take 149 east to Route 4 north.LOOK for the historic brick building past the white church WITH the BBQ Smoker under a white tent outside.(photo attached)
In traveling to Canada we stopped into this friendly COUNTRY FAMILY RUN restaurant. I loved the food. Simple fresh,healthy.The lunch was excellent. My generous portioned pulled pork sandwich with homemade coleslaw & fresh brewed ice tea hit the spot. My husband had a 2 hot dogs Chicago style with homemade fries.
The kids had grilled cheese homemade fries.The macaroni salad and grass fed hamburger was excellent.
If I lived local Ii would take home a 1lb or 2. They also have bottled salsa(to purchase a take home gift for family & friends)
It was decorated with the owners childrens art work. ( which they should sell) Water colors of corn on a husk, Rooster etc. A little art gallery next time I will ask if its for sale.
The brick walls where charming and bathrooms spotless all new, spic & span.
I loved the openness of the DR with a view into the prep area & kitchen you see the cook, in the kitchen all spotless.
They do BBQ on the weekends with tables & umbrellas set up.There is scenic view outside of downtown Fort Ann & a mountain in the distance.
There is a banquet room upstairs with additional outside seating & a VIEW. They held a local Dairy Princess affair upstairs. I would rent that space for a birthday party, shower anniversary etc.
Next time I will go for breakfast and take home some grass fed beef.
Till then take advantage of this find and walk away healthy!!

6  Thank RandB2005