The hotel itself is fine. Average value for the money but clean with a well appointed room. The bathroom was so-so with a very low ceiling. When I stepped into the bathtub I could have easily touched the ceiling and I am of average height. To turn on the shower you had to turn a knob located on the bottom of the faucet. My room had no instructions about this (though I understand other rooms did) and it took me a few minutes to figure it out. My problem with the hotel was the staff at the front desk with the exception of a gentleman named Donny. I have never encountered such an apathetic crew. For example, at check-in I was not told about how to access the wi-fi. When I realized there were no instructions in the room or on my check-in folder, I went downstairs to speak to the desk clerk who never bothered to tell me that she had written the access # for the wi-fi on my check-in folder. I went back upstairs and there was indeed a number on the folder (with no indication of what the # was for). When I entered the number on the log-in page, I got a notification that the number was invalid. That evening, I was perusing the brochures for local attractions and one caught my attention. I asked the desk clerk on duty how far the attraction was and got an "I don't know." from her. I have traveled extensively and most desk-clerks are familiar with local attractions and if they aren't, they make an effort to obtain the info by either asking another employee or using their computer. This was the first time I have ever received an "I don't know" as a response to a reasonable query. Breakfast in the morning was a typical deluxe continental breakfast and was absolutely fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point-Fort Montgomery is located on the scenic Hudson River less than 5 minutes from West Point - the premier USMA, the Historic Ft. Montgomery Battlefield Site, Bear Mountain State Park & Constitution Island. Holiday Inn Express welcomes you to Fort Montgomery. Visit West Point, NY and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel while attending the following West Point events: West Point Graduation, Reception Day, Acceptance Day, Army Football Games. Your comfort is important to us. This Holiday Inn Express hotel is 'Your Home Away From Home' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites West Point
- Holiday Inn Fort Montgomery
- Fort Montgomery Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn West Point