“Fredonia stay”

Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fredonia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is not a place I normally would have selected but was the only room available at the time. The room seemed to be relatively clean but was very outdated. Both the hallways and the room smelled like smoke, even though it was a nonsmoking room. There was also a musty smell to both the room and hallways. The shower worked but the knobs had to be played with quite a bit to actually get the shower to turn on. The exterior doors are not locked - to me, this is just not safe! Anyone could just walk in and be lurking around the halls. My young daughter even commented on the lack of locking doors - she was also concerned. The "continental breakfast" was a joke. It consisted of two cold cereals, a passable oatmeal, apples, oranges, a few yogurts, and packages of bread (not even good bread at that). While I don't expect alot from a complimentary breakfast, most hotels provide some sort of hot dish(es), more fruit options, etc. The staff was friendly and helpful. However, I had to make three trips to the front desk. The first was because my keys would not open the room. The second was because the tv remote did not work (they told me how to reset it and it did finally work). The third was to ask for some hair conditioner. My room only had shampoo and a couple bars of soap. I don't expect a lot but the basics would be nice. I did not test out whether the WiFi worked or not, however, I did overhear the front desk staff commented to someone that the WiFi was iffy - they were having problems with it. While this hotel was not totally horrible, I would not stay here again unless the price was considerably less. For the money I spent, I would expect much more out of a hotel. I have stayed at other places for about the same room rate and gotten much more for the price. It was acceptable for something that would be half the price I paid.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for the cost effectiveness. Filled all the basic amenities. Never had breakfast there went to the tim hortons down the street. The double beds are small for two people. There was a leak around the base of the toilet and we informed the staff they offered to have someone come in and fix it but it was our last night there and we didn't want to be interupted. Never saw bugs and towels were changed everyday. I will return because of the money savings.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
East Falmouth
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Front desk service was excellent. Offer to NOT replace towels if they are hanging up was a farce. I hung my bath towel up each night but they were replaced anyway even though I laid the "Do not replace towels if hanging" placard on top of the clean towels. So much for water conservation but the hotel is very close to Lake Erie so I guess it doesn't matter? I guess most people like a clean towel every night?
Light weight blanket on bed was gross feeling - very old I think. Just used sheet and coverlet which was just fine.
Hotel was just fine for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Oak Park
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Molding loose. Internet didn't work. No security with outside doors -- anyone could get in motel. Coffee ok. Breakfast poor -- oatmeal, toast, cold cereal; no pastries or eggs of any kind.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinn05551, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest

We apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. We are in the process on going room to room for any inspection issues. I am sorry that we had not gotten to your room regarding the loose molding.

Breakfast has had a major change for all Wyndham properties and I sorry that you found it lacking.

Theresa A Spina
Customer Service Host
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

you would think you'd have a good experience but you you don't not a good place to be .you pay good money here but they do clean your room and damn sure don't clean the bathroom in room they don't have pool and went to go do wash and the damn dryer is broken ...so this place suck...so ball bag should come off the money I know they have and clean this place up

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Benjamin

I am sorry that your stay was so unpleasant. We do appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback.

We try to please all our guests and I guess we didn't please you and we would like to offer you a discount for a future if you could try to give us another chance.

Theresa A Spina
Customer Service host
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredonia
Comfort Inn
Holiday Motel Westfield
#2 of 2 in Westfield
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer

Been to Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk? Share your experiences!